nope

3 Reasons Why Fluttershy is Best Pony

99 posts in this topic

But that's a entirely different topic. If someone wants to continue on with it, please start a new topic, and perhaps link to it from here. I don't want to be accused derailing this one--something that I'm beginning to think is my special talent. :tongue:

Well, this would be wonderful to have in a "3 Reasons Why Applejack is Best Pony."

Problem is, it doesn't exist because I don't know bout you guys but I haven't really seen any Applejack fans.

First of all we already have a similar topic that was made the other day. Second of all, OhHaiDare is a big AJ fan. For a pony that is perfect, she doesn't seem to have that many fans. Strange.

But that's a entirely different topic. If someone wants to continue on with it, please start a new topic, and perhaps link to it from here. I don't want to be accused derailing this one--something that I'm beginning to think is my special talent. :tongue:

Well, this would be wonderful to have in a "3 Reasons Why Applejack is Best Pony."

Problem is, it doesn't exist because I don't know bout you guys but I haven't really seen any Applejack fans.

First of all we already have a similar topic that was made the other day. Second of all, OhHaiDare is a big AJ fan. For a pony that is perfect, she doesn't seem to have that many fans. Strange.

her ya go http://forum.ponyville.net/index.php?/topic/604-3-short-reasons-to-love-applejack/

I think the applejack fans share a quality with the Fluttershy fans, wherein they don't get that vocal about 'best pony' and such, at least not until provoked.

D'oh. *Facepalms self*

Yea, didn't see it titled "3 short reasons to love Applejack."

Didn't notice because of it's different title and the fact that it's at the bottom of my screen (it hasn't been bumped, last post was 12/11)

Well, it is very strange. I remember I saw a poll before on some site and it declared that RD was the top and that AJ was at the bottom. Poor AJ.

She may have no flaws but there is nothing that is memorable about her.

Flaws doesn't determine favoritism I believe. Nopony picks "lesser of the two evils" or least flawed pony when talking about best pony.

Edited by Dellobow

Applejack's faults are stubbornness and recklessness. They were covered in Applebuck Season and Look Before You Sleep respectively, and haven't been seen very much since. That's the only thing that irks me about the Rainbow episodes (excluding Sonic Rainboom, where Rarity learned the lesson). None of RD's episodes have had her address the real core problem she has, her immaturity. They just kind of edge the issue by looking at the secondary faults born from that immaturity, her ego and obsession with coolness.

I've never really been an AJ fan at all. I used to also dislike rarity until Suited for Success. Right now it's mostly Twilight and Fluttershy trying for my second favorite.

1 person likes this

Applejack's faults are stubbornness and recklessness.

Well when we say (or rather I say, not sure they have the same belief) she doesn't have flaws, I mean she does have flaws but they aren't something to point out and use against the character.

One could complain about the faults of all the other characters (Fluttershy being too damn shy or not truly shy in this season so far, Rainbow Dash's behavior, and so on), but Applejack's doesn't really generate much annoyance or hate, compared to the others.

(I don't think there is any behavior of Twilight that could cause hate, but there is Lesson Zero)

While there isn't much to like about AJ, there is also isn't much to dislike about her too.

I wish a true AJ fan would step in now...

She can become more badass than Rainbow Dash when necessary

Nuclear Rainboom. RD is both indestructible and can cause nuclear explosions. Also responsible for every other pony's cutie mark.

Fluttershy is the opposite of badass.

If it weren't for Fluttershy,RD wouldn't make a sonic rainboom that day.

Before that I feel like pointing out two things.

#1 Archaephyrryx broke the truce, so that's on you guys.

#2 The biggest problem I have with Fluttershy is that her fans deify her too much. Every other pony's fans are willing to admit that their favorite pony has faults. Rainbro and I, probably the two or two of the biggest RD fans on the forum, have happily admitted that Rainbow is immature and has a huge ego. It's part of what makes her character round. I've never seen any Fluttershy fan admit to Fluttershy's shortcomings. It's like they want her to be a Mary Sue (which she isn't). It reminds me of trying to convince fans of Twilight (the vampire book thing) that their main character is shallow and flat. They seem to forget that a character needs faults in order to be interesting.

Yeah, topics like this are meant to brag about a character's strong points and talk about why they're awesome. The RD topic (and now this one) has plenty of that for RD. But that one and many other threads also explore RD's weaknesses, which is something I've never seen happen to Fluttershy. It's kind of unfortunate, because unlike Bella or whatever her name was, Fluttershy is an excellent character, but her fans just seem to want a moeblob.

ofc Fluttershy has her flaws (she doesn't stand up for herself),but RD has so many more flaws than her!! I mean,if you met a person that acted like RD irl,you would say ''he's a selfish ,egoistic jerk''

I mean,if you met a person that acted like RD irl,you would say ''he's a selfish ,egoistic jerk''

Nope.avi.

Being someone who does not judge those who are different to them, i would not think anything of it. Everyone's different and perhaps this said person is just a little selfish but that does not mean that one would go on to hate them.

1 person likes this

2# Fluttershy currently holds the record for wrestling bears. You know what the record is? Yup. "1". Yup, Fluttershy is the only pony to wrestle bears for fun and stress relief for both parts--WITHOUT ANY SAFETY MEASURES no less. People like to mention that Rainbow kicked a dragon in the face, but you know what? Bear makes your dragon invalid. Also Fluttershy basically saved RD's plot afterwards, a part the RD fans don't like to talk about. Let's go on! If you want to of course, we don't have to...

GG

Why is it that the RD fans always use "nope.avi" and "Sonic Rainboom" as their only arguments anyways?

They use them , because there is nothing else they can use

1 person likes this

Why is it that the RD fans always use "nope.avi" and "Sonic Rainboom" as their only arguments anyways?

Wat iz Inglish?

1# Fluttershy will forever be 20% more adorable than the next pony. Sure, RD might be cooler, but she ain't got nothing on to the hearthmelting adorableness of Fluttershy, nor do any other pony. As an example, compare Pinkie Pie's puppy eyes to Fluttershy's "squee" face. Now you will see that you are either d'awing or laughing at Pinkies face, while Fluttershy's face is simply so adorable your body instantly gives you a new and untested type of diabetes that makes your blood into liquid hot chocolate and your hearth into melted butter. You can't compete with that!

2# Fluttershy currently holds the record for wrestling bears. You know what the record is? Yup. "1". Yup, Fluttershy is the only pony to wrestle bears for fun and stress relief for both parts--WITHOUT ANY SAFETY MEASURES no less. People like to mention that Rainbow kicked a dragon in the face, but you know what? Bear makes your dragon invalid. Also Fluttershy basically saved RD's plot afterwards, a part the RD fans don't like to talk about. Let's go on! If you want to of course, we don't have to...

3# Fluttershy basically is the pony with the most hidden talents and powers, and is quite frankly like the Superman of ponies (or Supermare if you will), with the ability to stare anyone down, gain immense verbal and physicall power when needed, outfly even Rainbow Dash while pulling a air baloon with several passengers in it, sing the clearest and cleanest of all of them and last but not least, did I mention that she is lethaly adorable? And the best part of it all, she doesn't even brag about it herself (she have crazed fanboys like me to do it for her, but that's besides the point)! Now that is really something to admire!

So I hope that I have achieved my noble goals of educating you all about Fluttershy, the only realistically best pony. Fluttershy fans should now be aware of exactly why Fluttershy is their favorite. And for those of you who thought other ponies were best? I hope you learned your lesson, but don't worry about it too much; We all make mistakes. Fluttershy forgives you. She's very kind like that.

To all of you who think Fluttershy is better than Dashie.

mlfw9512.jpg

3# Fluttershy basically is the pony with the most hidden talents and powers, and is quite frankly like the Superman of ponies (or Supermare if you will)

To compare Fluttershy with any superhero other than Aquaman is the single most inaccurate statement ever.

Twilight could be superman, maybe Pinkie, but Fluttershy has literally the exact powers.

3# Fluttershy basically is the pony with the most hidden talents and powers, and is quite frankly like the Superman of ponies (or Supermare if you will)

To compare Fluttershy with any superhero other than Aquaman is the single most inaccurate statement ever.

Twilight could be superman, maybe Pinkie, but Fluttershy has literally the exact powers.

I dunno about that--Fluttershy's singing voice cures cancer I'm pretty sure. That counts as a super power, right?