Hooker Punch

UFF Discussion

426 posts in this topic

I am resuming medic duties next week.

Or we could do:

Pyro: Hooker

Medic: Me

Demo: Hugh

We just gotta work on our mid fights and rollouts. Thankfully theres only 3 traditional 5CP maps left in the whole UGC League.

I feel like I did especially bad but I'd like to retain medic. If we start scrambling team roles it might be even less effective but if you guys honestly feel that's the correct route to take, go for it. I'd just like to say a couple things, okay?

I got caught in several bad positions. When you guys started to advance and there's a bombardment getting in the way, I didn't want to risk going out there and end up getting myself killed. I guess it didn't really matter since I eventually died. I don't understand what went wrong, especially with how well things flowed against AMC's team in the scrim earlier.I didn't die as much and I was able to keep a sustained charge. I know I got mixed up with normal medi-gun. I didn't know what to do with the uber. Kritz I try and wait for yoshioka's signal or when a group is around. With uber.. I tried to wait until they popped first or if I felt like I was about to die. That's something you guys have been trying to drill into my head. Look I don't mean to be rude and I'm not one to cause trouble or anything.I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet expectations but can you guys try to refrain from sounding disgusted with me mid match? Yes, I know I wasn't able to do my job but it doesn't help when it's rubbed in. I'm well aware that I'm sucking it up.

You guys didn't do too good?

My team is still steamrolling, we might move back up to Platinum if our newer memebrs feel comfortable with it.

I landed a double airshot on the enemy soldier during today's match ;)

I think that benedict arnold sorry, I mean OhHaiDare should stop gloating.

Sorry, I'm just uber happy about the airshots I've landed that match.

Btw woodle, why don't you join a team? You seem like a good enough spy and heavy to do it.

Sorry, I'm just uber happy about the airshots I've landed that match.

Btw woodle, why don't you join a team? You seem like a good enough spy and heavy to do it.

Thanks, but I don't have time to commit to competetive.

Also, heavy just isn't my cup of tea.

Also, can't everyone be a good heavy with minimal effort?

Sorry. I was feeling really shitty, and lashed out. Sorry, Kuni. That said, I think something is broken and we need to have a team meeting sometime soon.

Look, I'm not going to defend my class, I'm aware it's very straightforward, but seriously, if you people think you can take my job on the team, go ahead and take the damn job. I've apparently become a shitty competitive heavy, anyways.

Could both of you guys stop cluttering up our thread, I will delete these posts if it gets out of hand.

Sorry, I went ahead and removed Wildfire and Rainbow Dash's posts. Cluttering up with class bashing and bickering is not what we need in here.

@Kenyon

Mr.Kay , I think everyone's pretty riled up over last night's game. I know I was , too. Zee even started to get shot at in that stream.

@Hooker

Thank you , Cap. Sorry if I got out of hand with that.. I got pretty upset over the turn of events too. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with what I said. Anycase, When's the meeting?

I think we're taking this a bit too hard. I think the main reason we lost is because we didn't really practice. We had one scrim against Wild but there was a lot of off-classing and i dont think half of us were actually there. I never had a chance to even practice as scout because i off-classed heavy in our scrim. We should set aside more time to actually practice more than one match and make sure the entire team is present. We could still do it on friday like planned but maybe we should play more than 1 match, and spend some time developing a strategy for our next map. The only sort of strategy i knew for warmfront was a hiding spot yoshioka showed me and "Get to mid and try to defend yoshioka" and nothing else other than that

I think we all played terribly because we came off a high horse last night hearing that this match was going to be easy. We had no practice and we blamed it on our skills when we should be blaming it on our unpreparedness.

I know OhHaiDare's team practices quite seriously. I got invited to some PuGs with them once and they actually spent time practicing rollouts and searching for other teams willing to do PuGs as well. We should get into some sort of habit like this ourselves.

We're blaming ourselves too much for doing badly and not blaming the entire team for doing badly. It wasn't as much of an issue that we all are bad at our roles, but we didn't prepare at all against a team that seemed to have a strategy that worked.

You guys didn't do too good?

My team is still steamrolling, we might move back up to Platinum if our newer memebrs feel comfortable with it.

I landed a double airshot on the enemy soldier during today's match ;)

Also, calm down. I don't really think he was gloating. I was actually happy to hear this. He's a good friend of ours and it's not like he was putting us down.

I aint even mad!

As long we fix our problems and get consistent results before the playoffs then it is all good.

What did get me pissed was what Hooker said during halftime. What you said was utterly disgusting and low and should never be said during a game. What you should have said is to ask what was going right and wrong and try to find solutions to fix it.

I think we all played terribly because we came off a high horse last night hearing that this match was going to be easy. We had no practice and we blamed it on our skills when we should be blaming it on our unpreparedness.

I know OhHaiDare's team practices quite seriously. I got invited to some PuGs with them once and they actually spent time practicing rollouts and searching for other teams willing to do PuGs as well. We should get into some sort of habit like this ourselves.

After our match against WestToo I got to scrim with Trees against D9 on Follower. (We scraped them 8-0 pretty quickly)

The map is much more straight forward compared to warmfront. (No roofs for soldiers to rain rockets down from.) But you can wipe out very fast since theres a couple of flanking routes that are pretty nasty if you don't cover the entrances. Everytime when we won the midfight we rolled straight to second and poped uber on last and they had no time to setup.

The Trees team are very committed to practicing and looking for teams to scrim so we should add them on our list of weekly teams to have practice with.

Edited by JDMYoshioka

WestToo is interested in a scrim this Friday. I think we should do it.

e0rlr.png

Also, found a screenshot of the tower we built during halftime on WestToo's subreddit ehuehuehuehuehueh

k4GJW.jpg

You guys are all losing your shit over your loss, And although i may or may not be able to understand, I'd just like to remind you all that at the end of the day, what matters most is that you enjoyed yourselves. So while I do think it's a good idea you guys h

Start having more structured practices and try to do better in tournaments and whatnot, I think that should not come at the price of fun.

*cough*6v6*cough*

Hmm, I was going to ask how the match went, but it appears it didn't go very well...

I'm sorry I wasn't there to support you all this match...

I may not have been in this match, but I have been playing with you guys for a long while, both competitively and non competitively and here is what I can say about the team...

@ Kuni - For being a relatively new medic, I think you've been performing well... There is not much that can be done when you're such a squishy character and you have to rely on your Heavy and the Pyro to keep you alive...

@ Kenyon - You needn't defend your class... You are one of the best Heavys I have seen and I am glad that you represent our team as our Heavy... I don't believe there is another person on the team that could better fill your role...

@ Drayneo - I think this is the truth... During ETF2L, we reviewed each map ahead of time to get familiar with it... We came up with tactics and watched videos of other teams in higher divisions.... We also used to scrim a lot more... We did well in ETF2L and I think we all went into UGC a little cocky, since the only team expected to give us any problems was AMC's...

@ Yoshioka - <3

@ Hooker - You're a miserable bastard... But you're our miserable bastard... And despite it, we all still love you... Even if you're not as good as a pyro as me... But you still perform well as team captain and when you're not being gay and playing Dota2, you have proven a great tactician...

Edited by =FiM= Pinkamena Pie
1 person likes this

I am resigning from the team. I no longer feel I have it's best interests in mind and quite frankly, I don't give a damn about TF2 anymore. I've given this game pretty much everything for nigh on five years now, and I just feel like I've gotten any enjoyment out of it I could. I'm sure some of you are suspicious of this having to do with DotA2--which is partially true--but, seriously, there is only so long I can play this...

I'll still be around ventrillo & here, but I just absolutely don't care about TF2 anymore.

If anyone has questions, please shoot them either here or on Steam. I'm putting Sarge in charge, adjunct with Yoshioka. I know this is probably a shock, sorry.