Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Scrubbington™

Ever Been Hated on by an Administrator?

21 posts in this topic

Don't worry, it has no relation towards this community before people start panicking. xP

Okay, I've probably, (maybe not, I forget,) mentioned before that I'm apart of the NLRG community.

Well, I've announced on a thread before that I finally decided to leave the community for issues with not only staff, 

but as well as some of the average members.

Of course, this one admin, (who I will not speak,) got upset from "all of the goodbye threads" and decided to close the thread I made saying my goodbye. No surprise did I have issues with this admin before-- the same person who closed MY thread.

A few months later, leading on to actually around this week, was I visiting the forums as I do monthly to check on the community to see how everyone's doing. I saw a thread a friend of mine made, who is actually a server admin for the group, who announced they were going to be absent for awhile due to finals, which the memory of me making of my goodbye thread incident popped in my mind.

My first reaction was to reply to the thread, telling my friend to be careful, considering they're not allowing threads anymore which people make telling them they're leaving. Of course, the same admin who closed my thread said basically: "It's important for that person to do so to inform the community that they're gone for awhile due to something important, to allow everyone to be aware they will not be on duty", which is of course understandable in a sense... Yet I stated towards the admin, "Yes, but that person can just contact the staff members that they will be gone. It's unnecessary to create a thread about something which is only temporary and not mandatory."

Then the admin started to get upset, which was obvious yet they deny it, and then oh boy. I got this message when I was trying to check on the response that the person was going to say:

37df4fc56c5ad14bd37590fa581a7ba7.png

Ah yes, just because I was defending myself for something which was stupid in the first place for the admin to even get upset about.

So.. if you have your story with an admin, (as long as it doesn't effect this community,) please share.

In another community, back when HL1 was still a thing, I nearly got banned on a counter-strike server which was part of a larger community I was in. I hopped into the community ventrilo server to find all the head CS admins were playing together and were in a sense, ghosting, behind the scenes to give each other an edge. I somehow ninja-ed my way into their channel and started decimating them.

After about the 4th kill they started talking about me and if I was hacking. I was on a part of the map where only a ladder could lead you to where I was, and when they talked their last fellow into going up it when I had my back turned, I jumped down taking off his head. At that moment they were convinced I was hacking and just before the ban was issued, I spoke up saying "hey, guys, nice day to ban a hacker right?".

The chat was dead silent for a little bit...

3 people like this

I have been banned from several servers. not for attitude or purposely taunting an admin. and i'm sure we've all had those stories but simply just being better than them. however sometimes there are those cases that are just completely bizarre.

TF2 is the most prevalent example for me when it comes to bans. the one that brings back the best memory was back in 2010 before tf2 was F2P. Hackers were a never happened thing back then and as such people never really confused skill with hacking and also respected the individual skill. well i was a frequenter on a group/forum's 24/7 badwater server since i fucking love badwater and hardly played anything else back then. people knew me and knew i was a good spy who occasionally could go on ridiculous killing sprees. one day an admin jumps on and joins spectator (i was unaware of this keep in mind). i go on a big killing spree. out of nowhere i get a message saying i was banned for hacking

needless to say i was confused and pissed. i went on the forums to voice my complaint on the matter and ask which admin had banned me. i don't quite remember the response i got but i believe it was along the lines of "You were reported as a hacker by a member in the game, after watching you for 5 minutes i determined you were hacking because you were getting backstabs as spy even from the front"

you can imagine the follow up this got with people reminding this admin about the existence of "facestabs" and tf2's arguably wonky hitboxes. i personally started laughing my ass off because yes i got facestabs but i also had moments where i butterknifed someone clearly instead of getting the glitchy backstab. as it turned out the admin was completely new to tf2 and had never seen it before. he had come from a CS:S server so i guess it made sense if he had never seen it before, but it was completely hilarious to have this happen. 

Eventually i stop going to the community servers and the forums, but i'll always remember this as an absolutely hilarious moment.

Edited by Lord Fluffy

I got banned for killing an Admin on a trade server.

The ban note said "Bitch fucking killed me during testing" 

No joke.

...Jesus Christ, are you kidding me?

In another community, back when HL1 was still a thing, I nearly got banned on a counter-strike server which was part of a larger community I was in. I hopped into the community ventrilo server to find all the head CS admins were playing together and were in a sense, ghosting, behind the scenes to give each other an edge. I somehow ninja-ed my way into their channel and started decimating them.

After about the 4th kill they started talking about me and if I was hacking. I was on a part of the map where only a ladder could lead you to where I was, and when they talked their last fellow into going up it when I had my back turned, I jumped down taking off his head. At that moment they were convinced I was hacking and just before the ban was issued, I spoke up saying "hey, guys, nice day to ban a hacker right?".

The chat was dead silent for a little bit...

:v That's just as dumb as FluttershyYAY's experience was.

I have been banned from several servers. not for attitude or purposely taunting an admin. and i'm sure we've all had those stories but simply just being better than them. however sometimes there are those cases that are just completely bizarre.

TF2 is the most prevalent example for me when it comes to bans. the one that brings back the best memory was back in 2010 before tf2 was F2P. Hackers were a never happened thing back then and as such people never really confused skill with hacking and also respected the individual skill. well i was a frequenter on a group/forum's 24/7 badwater server since i fucking love badwater and hardly played anything else back then. people knew me and knew i was a good spy who occasionally could go on ridiculous killing sprees. one day an admin jumps on and joins spectator (i was unaware of this keep in mind). i go on a big killing spree. out of nowhere i get a message saying i was banned for hacking

needless to say i was confused and pissed. i went on the forums to voice my complaint on the matter and ask which admin had banned me. i don't quite remember the response i got but i believe it was along the lines of "You were reported as a hacker by a member in the game, after watching you for 5 minutes i determined you were hacking because you were getting backstabs as spy even from the front"

you can imagine the follow up this got with people reminding this admin about the existence of "facestabs" and tf2's arguably wonky hitboxes. i personally started laughing my ass off because yes i got facestabs but i also had moments where i butterknifed someone clearly instead of getting the glitchy backstab. as it turned out the admin was completely new to tf2 and had never seen it before. he had come from a CS:S server so i guess it made sense if he had never seen it before, but it was completely hilarious to have this happen. 

Eventually i stop going to the community servers and the forums, but i'll always remember this as an absolutely hilarious moment.

Unfortunately my heart is filled with hidden hate, so I cannot laugh about something which truly would make me upset.

At least you're taking it easier then expected. :p

I got banned from a TF2 server because I decided to be a machina + gibus + pyrovision goggles + mercenary sniper and taunt after every kill.

Kinda deserved it though, pissed off pretty much everyone.

Ive been banned by multiple servers on CS 1.6 and CSS because apparently using the scout, deagle and Kelvar Vest + Helmet is counted as "hacking". Players would complain that when they headshot me i wouldnt die, even thought thats what the Helmet is made for, reducing damage from headshots. Plus they thought i was aimbot because i can actually aim with the scout. Much scubs, need buff.

I got banned from a random tf2 serv 'cause of 'aimbotting' after doing like 5 heads in a row with ambassador. Even when I actually miss a lot of headshots with ambassador.

>hop on tf2

>decide to do something fun

>go on one of jailbreak server after seeing one from Jerma's videos

>follow through each of the commands

>comes down to 3 people

>last reaction first reaction

>first person to die had no clue on how to play that game (even though Warden explained it to us)

>comes down to me and other person

>wasn't fast enough to react correctly from command

>was going to do "High-Five" taunt

>taunt button is binded next to my 'D' aka 'Move Left' button

>pressed 'D' instead, realized I pressed wrong button

>moments after I hit suicide bind key, Warden's killshot to me ends up going to last man

>Last man was uber-pissed

>Turns out it was new player of the game as well as Admin

>Moment I read the name, it was the same person of whom I #rekt with Pipes in Valve payload maps

>Threatens to ban me

>Said to him "You can't exactly ban someone if they choose to suicide and Warden can't aim for shit"

>The latter was especially true, for this kiddie (kid you not) seriously has a bad aim and took him ~3-5 shots to kill someone

>Plus nothing within rules that pertains of what I did

>Next day, found out said Admin got powers removed for "attempted abuse of power"

>mfw:

Edited by The_Mr_Kumar
1 person likes this

I'm permabanned from all of Slag Gaming. One comment to the Server Owner's profile, three years ago, still banned to this day with no appeal allowed.

Ignored me on Steam, blocked me on Steam, banned me from the servers (No reason listed), banned me from the forums (No reason listed), blocked me on youtube, never responded to a private e-mail sent 10 months ago despite him openly stating just about everywhere "email me privately for any concerns relating to the servers".

I regret nothing.

I'm permabanned from all of Slag Gaming. One comment to the Server Owner's profile, three years ago, still banned to this day with no appeal allowed.

Ignored me on Steam, blocked me on Steam, banned me from the servers (No reason listed), banned me from the forums (No reason listed), blocked me on youtube, never responded to a private e-mail sent 10 months ago despite him openly stating just about everywhere "email me privately for any concerns relating to the servers".

I regret nothing.

Slag is known to have a huge, but a very lazy community-- no doubt will the administrators/moderators be the same way.

Slag does have a few good servers, but I never appreciate the amount of what they dare to even called "effort" into them.

People have so many complaints about not only the servers with bugs and such, but as well as with how admins react towards situations which have to be taken by in their own hands.

So yeah, I'm frankly not shocked that this happened to you, yet I'm sorry for you as well as proud. I wouldn't regret anything either.

I've never received hate from an administrator, but as an administrator at another gaming community, Catalyst Gaming on Garry's Mod, there have been people who have claimed that I've been targeting them.

One of my favorites was this one guy whom I accidentally banned for an illegitimate reason.  When I figured it out, I immediately unbanned him and apologized.  Even after all that, though, he still has the gall to claim openly that I am targeting him simply because this isn't the first time I've banned him.

:facedesk:

Was banned from Ponyville for being a prick back in the day, I appealed it via the sourceban page, never got an email back, couple friends said basically once your banned, your banned.

Eight months later I appealed on the forums ^.^ (Either I did not think to do so or I was just stubborn not to do so). At first my appeal was to be rejected because I was being confused of being banned on the grounds of creating drama or If unbanned I will create drama (Something relating to some higher ups not liking another pony community that I frequently visited). But here I am being Kawaii and covered in Chocolate as ever :D

One time, I was banned on a Halloween Server (Around the time of 2012, when Merasmus decided he needed to raid a local Lakeside Base). Basically, I'll just summarize it all as this; The Item Server goes down, I have a default Scout Loadout, and then about 30 or so seconds later, I am banned with the message saying something along these lines: "We don't want Noobs like you on the server!". Basically, I was judged for not having items or whatnot on at that exact moment an admin was spectating/looking around. Trust me, I haven't banned for anything like that since, but it's a bit crazy if you ask me just to get banned for not having hats/miscs on.

Edited by Yellowlord

One time, I was banned on a Halloween Server (Around the time of 2012, when Merasmus decided he needed to raid a local Lakeside Base). Basically, I'll just summarize it all as this; The Item Server goes down, I have a default Scout Loadout, and then about 30 or so seconds later, I am banned with the message saying something along these lines: "We don't want Noobs like you on the server!". Basically, I was judged for not having items or whatnot on at that exact moment an admin was spectating/looking around. Trust me, I haven't banned for anything like that since, but it's a bit crazy if you ask me just to get banned for not having hats/miscs on.

This is what happens when you make a boss initially overpowered that admins/others are seeking blame of who's not pulling their weight in accordance to their questionable "meta" mindset.

Was banned from Ponyville for being a prick back in the day, I appealed it via the sourceban page, never got an email back, couple friends said basically once your banned, your banned.

Eight months later I appealed on the forums ^.^ (Either I did not think to do so or I was just stubborn not to do so). At first my appeal was to be rejected because I was being confused of being banned on the grounds of creating drama or If unbanned I will create drama (Something relating to some higher ups not liking another pony community that I frequently visited). But here I am being Kawaii and covered in Chocolate as ever :D

The issue is sourcebans doesn't tell you if the appeal was denied or never answered.

That's why we direct people to do it on the forums. You will get a written response from the admins, and know if the appeal was accepted/denied, and why.

Sourcebans, it's just accepted / you never know. Not effective.

I Got Banned From Steel Crescent's BoyFriend's Server (BF's name;PsychicPie)

Reason:Was Kicking His Butt Up And Down The Map...

Map:Mario Kart Special Version

And He Was Also Using Spellbooks (with usable spells) while i was not..

Edited by Squishy

Well, I've been banned from here twice over.

Then again, I am an irascible asshole, so it was to be expected after some time.

1 person likes this

Well, I've been banned from here twice over.

Then again, I am an irascible asshole, so it was to be expected after some time.

Perhaps but you're the loveable irascible asshole kenyon. we only want you gone for a small period of time.

1 person likes this

Got banned from Skial twice. 

1. Red Tape Recorder recently came out, tried it on Dustbowl near a pair of Sentry nests sitting cosy next to each other. I enjoyed leveling down their sentries so I used it and ran away, with no intention of destroying them. After 3-4 times, my team pushes second and we win. I was banned thereafter, no reason given.

2. Demoknighting with Loch n Load. I'd recently got into craving Demoman usage, so I threw on something that looked hella fun: Loch n Load, Chargin' Target, Eyelander. Dustbowl again (I like the map, small and quick honhonhon). It was Dustbowl 2, and I was defending. I stick to the catwalk for the height advantage, and charge those who are near my range and that I can get a quick kill. After the 9th head, I was banned for hacking for having more speed and health than a normal Demoman should.

MRW

116865.png?1375907559