Surprise

Random RP

140 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Random RP.

The purpose of this RP is to have light-hearted fun, but every once in a while, there ARE serious storylines going on, so it's not all silliness.

OC characters are accepted.

Try and abide by the following rules.

1. No overly sexual activities.

2. No disgusting descriptions.

3. No insane stupidity, such as extremely random things.

4. No logic breaking.

5. Be respectful of fellow RP-ers.

6. Be in character. If you're representing a character, either from the show, or some other media, try to stay in character, even if it is fanon character.

7. Don't write for other characters. You can write your own characters actions, but you can't put words in another characters mouth.

8. Don't break the fourth wall unless you are a character like Pinkie Pie, and even then, don't over-do it. Just try not to do it, if possible. A humorous *wave to the audience* is okay.

9. Don't randomly RP a character from another Universe without giving a GOOD and detailed explanation of WHY that character finds themselves in Equestria. Some characters are easier to cross-over than others, whilst some are just silly. When in doubt, ask myself.

I will be RPing myself.

Surprise is from an alternate dimension, an alternate version of Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Kino

i'll be Company Serjeant Major Wolfe, 43rd Hoovenshire Regiment of Hoof, 1st Ponyville Volunteers Battalion, Flag Bearer.

sergeant_wolfe_waving_the_colours_by_koach2-d4jbtyp.png
Edited by Pte.Koach

i'll be Company Serjeant Major Wolfe, 43rd Hoovenshire Regiment of Hoof, 1st Ponyville Volunteers Battalion, Flag Bearer.

sergeant_wolfe_waving_the_colours_by_koach2-d4jbtyp.png

Nice. This is an OC of yours! Cool. My character will be my avatar

Another good guideline would be to always try to leave an opening for the next poster to do something.

I could give the rp a shot. I'm a little rusty at forum rp's, but i'll give it a try.

My Avatar is my O.C. He's basically a unicorn who's horn disappeared at infancy. He has magic power, but it is nothing he conciously controls. When it activates, it can shield him and his friends from magical energies, or boost the power of other magic users.

He runs a shop building crates and barrells for Ponyville, fixes houses on the side, and plays in a rock band. He has also been the bearer/champion of the seventh element of friendship -inspiration-.

I've got the start of a fanfic about all that here, though I really need to get back on it.

Another good guideline would be to always try to leave an opening for the next poster to do something.

I could give the rp a shot. I'm a little rusty at forum rp's, but i'll give it a try.

My Avatar is my O.C. He's basically a unicorn who's horn disappeared at infancy. He has magic power, but it is nothing he conciously controls. When it activates, it can shield him and his friends from magical energies, or boost the power of other magic users.

He runs a shop building crates and barrells for Ponyville, fixes houses on the side, and plays in a rock band. He has also been the bearer/champion of the seventh element of friendship -inspiration-.

I've got the start of a fanfic about all that here, though I really need to get back on it.

Hmmmm. Approved. Sounds nice. What would his personality be.

Since my character is the alternate version of Pinkie What would her element be.

He's pretty outgoing and friendly. He gets a bit obsesssed while building something, and tends to lose track of time, and get absorbed by his projects. He also still tends to be a little shy about singing in public (mostly if the rp were to take place before the fanfic, in which he'll largely overcome that)

OO, can I get in on this! My OC is a unicorn with a horn that was snapped in half in a fight with Celestias royal navy. A simple pony with pony with humble needs as a boy he grew up poor and became a pirate at the age of 12. In the same fight he lost his horn he was captured and was sentenced to death but managed to escape while all the guards were distracted by a sonic rainboom, he did not make out unscathed however and lost his eye (and got a cool scar to boot) now he works as a circus performer (everyone wants to have their fortune told by the creepy unicorn with a broken horn a glass eye) I SHALL LOVE HIM AND SMOOCH HIM AND CALL HIM GEORGE!!!!!

This sounds interesting, mind if I join with my OC, also named Nightmare Lyre? A silent half-pony/half-dragon from the northern regions of Equestria, currently living in a small house at the border of Everfree Forest in Ponyville, working as a song writer/bard. He is a good guy but have problems with social relationships and sometimes comes out as a meanspirited guy without meaning to, mostly due to many traumatising events in his childhood that have shaped him into a very sceptical, negative and at times depressed pony. He always seems to come in a better mood when somepony asks him for help and he feel that he is contributing something to other's well being.

Well..... what now? Do we wait for more people? I've never RP'd before :3

I was about to ask the same thing, when and how do we start this?

Well, I have my OC i've used to RP before, and my avatar is a picture of Him. I have a backstory for him somewhere in the library section...

He's pretty outgoing and friendly. He gets a bit obsesssed while building something, and tends to lose track of time, and get absorbed by his projects. He also still tends to be a little shy about singing in public (mostly if the rp were to take place before the fanfic, in which he'll largely overcome that)

OO, can I get in on this! My OC is a unicorn with a horn that was snapped in half in a fight with Celestias royal navy. A simple pony with pony with humble needs as a boy he grew up poor and became a pirate at the age of 12. In the same fight he lost his horn he was captured and was sentenced to death but managed to escape while all the guards were distracted by a sonic rainboom, he did not make out unscathed however and lost his eye (and got a cool scar to boot) now he works as a circus performer (everyone wants to have their fortune told by the creepy unicorn with a broken horn a glass eye) I SHALL LOVE HIM AND SMOOCH HIM AND CALL HIM GEORGE!!!!!

This sounds interesting, mind if I join with my OC, also named Nightmare Lyre? A silent half-pony/half-dragon from the northern regions of Equestria, currently living in a small house at the border of Everfree Forest in Ponyville, working as a song writer/bard. He is a good guy but have problems with social relationships and sometimes comes out as a meanspirited guy without meaning to, mostly due to many traumatising events in his childhood that have shaped him into a very sceptical, negative and at times depressed pony. He always seems to come in a better mood when somepony asks him for help and he feel that he is contributing something to other's well being.

I mean all of you guys.

Well..... what now? Do we wait for more people? I've never RP'd before :3

I suppose we could just start RPing if its okay with you guys... XD

Well I have never roleplayed in a forum enviorment before, so if anypony more experienced would start that would have been cool.

well, I would start it, but seeing as the thread belongs to surprise, it's kind of tradition that the thread poster gets the story rolling. and lyre, if you need any tips as to whether or not to post something, send me a pm and i'll help you out.

well, I would start it, but seeing as the thread belongs to surprise, it's kind of tradition that the thread poster gets the story rolling. and lyre, if you need any tips as to whether or not to post something, send me a pm and i'll help you out.

Good call.

Good call.

Seeing how you have not started it yet and that you and Malt have jumped to the Birds of a Different Feather RP, is this one dead or? I will jump in if it ever gets revived though.

Good call.

Seeing how you have not started it yet and that you and Malt have jumped to the Birds of a Different Feather RP, is this one dead or? I will jump in if it ever gets revived though.

(OOC: Starting it up now...)

Surprise woke up in her lab. ``Hooray!!!! One drink of this serum will turn anyone into a kitten!`` Said Surprise. She drank it. She dropped down and when she got back up , the serum was a complete sucess.

(OOC: ah excellent!)

Meanwhile outside, Nightmare Lyre walked by as he walked home from a poetic reading of his newest work, "The Darkness of Darkness - Darkened", in the Canterlot house of culture, with mixed reviews. As he passed by Surprise's lab, he noticed something was not right. The lights where on but the strange pony was nowhere to be seen through the lab windows. He decided to check if everything was alright and went to the door, knocking at it with his hoof.

Meanwhile, Malt was passing through Canterlot to pick up some more fine gin. He always preferred the kind they brewed in Canterlot as opposed to the kind they brewed in Hoofington. Hoofington's gin was nice, but it lacked the kick that the Canterlot brew had. He was just carrying a case of it to the train station on his back when he passed by a lab. He had always been interested in science. He always considered bartending to be a chemistry of sorts. Having to mix every liquor just right to get the right mix. There was a reason his name was Malt Mix anyways. He decided to put the crate down and see if anypony was home. He set the crate down and trotted up to the door and knocked. "Hello?" Malt inquired. "Is anypony there?"

eight months earlier, in the Everfree Forest, the zebras began their invasion on Equestria. They had already laid waste to Horseshoe, Hoovenshire and Glascow, and were getting close to the Great Acres. Colonel Gouldwin was sent with the 1st Ponyville Volunteers Battalion to secure the area and stop the zebra's advance.

Two weeks ago, only 1/3 of the battalion was standing, and the colonel sent Company Serjeant (in the old British army, the rank was Serjeant, not Sergeant) Major Wolfe, along with 9 other volunteers to ask for reinforcements in Canterlot.

They arrived at night during new year's eve. They marched along the main street in a column, while fireworks exploded above them, and everypony else stared at the 10 soldiers. Canterlot was not a city of soldiers, in fact, the only two regiments that were allowed in Canterlot were the 1st Hoof guards and the 2nd Sunstream guards. Both regiments were considered a joke by Wolfe, as they never engaged in any battle, besides one little skirmish during the first years of Equestria, almost three thousand years ago, and they still wear that ridiculous golden armour, that doesn't grant any protection against modern muskets and bayonets.

As they continued marching, some of the privates began hesitating. They weren't used to be the centre of attention, especially because the 43rd was a new regiment, and wasn't very important as, say, the Glascow Highlanders or the 33rd Hoof. However, all the eyes were looking at the 10 red coated colts. Most of the stallions looked completely astonished, the mares' eyes looked really lustful, while the guards were green with envy.

They were tired. the had been marching all day, and they had to rest. The platoon walked inside an inn, booked a couple of rooms, had a toast in honour of the new year and went to sleep.