Surprise

Random RP

140 posts in this topic

(OOC: ah excellent!)

Meanwhile outside, Nightmare Lyre walked by as he walked home from a poetic reading of his newest work, "The Darkness of Darkness - Darkened", in the Canterlot house of culture, with mixed reviews. As he passed by Surprise's lab, he noticed something was not right. The lights where on but the strange pony was nowhere to be seen through the lab windows. He decided to check if everything was alright and went to the door, knocking at it with his hoof.

Meanwhile, Malt was passing through Canterlot to pick up some more fine gin. He always preferred the kind they brewed in Canterlot as opposed to the kind they brewed in Hoofington. Hoofington's gin was nice, but it lacked the kick that the Canterlot brew had. He was just carrying a case of it to the train station on his back when he passed by a lab. He had always been interested in science. He always considered bartending to be a chemistry of sorts. Having to mix every liquor just right to get the right mix. There was a reason his name was Malt Mix anyways. He decided to put the crate down and see if anypony was home. He set the crate down and trotted up to the door and knocked. "Hello?" Malt inquired. "Is anypony there?"

``The door is open, Come in.`` Said Surprise as she crawled onto her desk.

Nightmare went inside. "Hello? Surprise? Where are you?" he said looking confused around for the white flying pony. He heard somepony knocking at the backdoor, and went over there to see if it was Surprise.

"Oh hello... A talking... Kitten? Is this a biochemistry lab by some chance? Or did a unicorn's spell screw up?" Malt said, jokingly. "Well, let me introduce myself. I'm Malt Mix. I'm a bartender from Ponyville and I was in the neighborhood picking up an order of gin, and I saw there was a Lab here. I've always been interested in science you know. I consider bartending to be a type of chemistry in it's own respect. Having to mix together the right liquors in order to get the desired reaction from the customers."

"Oh hello... A talking... Kitten? Is this a biochemistry lab by some chance? Or did a unicorn's spell screw up?" Malt said, jokingly. "Well, let me introduce myself. I'm Malt Mix. I'm a bartender from Ponyville and I was in the neighborhood picking up an order of gin, and I saw there was a Lab here. I've always been interested in science you know. I consider bartending to be a type of chemistry in it's own respect. Having to mix together the right liquors in order to get the desired reaction from the customers."

"I was making a serum to turn anyone into a kitten. Twas a Complete sucess." Said Surprise."My name is Surprise. Charmed." "Could you please grab that bottle over there labeled "Kitten Antidote" and pour it into that bowl?"

(OOC: Umm, did I miss something or did you two just completely ignore me and started doing stuff in a alternate universe?)

(OOC: No, I was under the impression that you were already inside when I came in.)

"Sure thing Surprise." Malt said, magicking the bottle to pour into the bowl. "So... Do you need any help with experiments any time soon? I'll be in town for a few more days. I decided to take a bit of a vacation you see, and I couldn't think of a better way than to do experiments!"

(OOC: Umm, did I miss something or did you two just completely ignore me and started doing stuff in a alternate universe?)

(OOC:I said Come in to both of you)

(OOC: No, I was under the impression that you were already inside when I came in.)

"Sure thing Surprise." Malt said, magicking the bottle to pour into the bowl. "So... Do you need any help with experiments any time soon? I'll be in town for a few more days. I decided to take a bit of a vacation you see, and I couldn't think of a better way than to do experiments!"

*laps some of it up* *body parts start getting bigger, and more pony like, until she finally turns back into a horse* "Ahh. Thanks. I suppose I will need an assistant."

Nightmare went inside. "Hello? Surprise? Where are you?" he said looking confused around for the white flying pony. He heard somepony knocking at the backdoor, and went over there to see if it was Surprise.

"Come In"

(OOC: Ah I see, my bad then)

Hearing voices from a nearby room, Nightmare opened the door where the voices came from. As he opened it he was surprised to see Malt Mix feeding a kitten with some sort of liquid in a bowl. "Malt? What are you doing here? And where is Surprise? And who's kitten is that?"

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

"Oh, hello Lyre. This is Surprise. Do you know her? Anyways, apparently it was the effect of one of her potions." Malt said. As Surprise became a pony again and said she needed an assistant, Malt replied, "Oh really? Sweet! I don't really care what you need me to do. I could be a guinea pig if you need one, but so long as I don't die, get terminally ill, or lose the ability to have foals, I'll do it."

Nightmare got a surprised look after watching the rather sureal events before his eyes. "Umm... well, I am glad to see you are okay Surprise, but are you sure being a lab guinea pig is such a good idea Malt?"

"Well, it's something different. Who knows, might be fun! You know, carpe diem and all that stuff." Malt said. "Besides, I like science and being a part of the process in any way would be enough for me!"

"Okay this I got to watch" Nightmare said as he found a seat and sat down on it as good as a pony can sit on a chair, observing what Malt and Surprise was up to.

"Oh, hello Lyre. This is Surprise. Do you know her? Anyways, apparently it was the effect of one of her potions." Malt said. As Surprise became a pony again and said she needed an assistant, Malt replied, "Oh really? Sweet! I don't really care what you need me to do. I could be a guinea pig if you need one, but so long as I don't die, get terminally ill, or lose the ability to have foals, I'll do it."

"Excellent." Said Surprise with a grin.

Nightmare got a surprised look after watching the rather sureal events before his eyes. "Umm... well, I am glad to see you are okay Surprise, but are you sure being a lab guinea pig is such a good idea Malt?"

"Good to see you too, Nightmare Lyre." She said as a pony again.

"I don't like the sound of that... Oh well... It's science!" Malt said. "Let's do this!"

"Witch one would you like?" Said Surprise as a shelf opened. It had bottles labelled (Pretty much anything you can think of)

"Huh... Let's try... Wing Growth!" Malt said. "Hey..." Malt magicked a bottle out of the back of the cabinet. "What's this bottle labeled fut..." Malt gulped as he realised what that was. "Ok, I'm just going to put that back and pretend I never saw it..." Malt returned the bottle to it's original spot.

"Huh... Let's try... Wing Growth!" Malt said. "Hey..." Malt magicked a bottle out of the back of the cabinet. "What's this bottle labeled fut..." Malt gulped as he realised what that was. "Ok, I'm just going to put that back and pretend I never saw it..." Malt returned the bottle to it's original spot.

"Lets Try a transformation one. Like one that turns you into an animal. Or a foal..."

"Umm... I'm perfectly fine with my age thank you very much..." Malt said. "I wouldn't mind turning into a bat though..."

"Umm... I'm perfectly fine with my age thank you very much..." Malt said. "I wouldn't mind turning into a bat though..."

*picks up bottle* *puts it on table*

"Oh this looks interesting..." Malt said. "So, do i just drink it all? or a certain amount?"

"Drink it all. I don't plan on being a bat anytime soon. I already have the recipe right here" *points to how to make bat potion on fridge*

"Oh well that's good." Malt says, as he chugs the potion. Malt begins to shrink, forehooves being replaced by wings, ears growing, and fangs beginning to show. "Wow... this is cool." Malt said in a higher pitched voice than normal. "Wow... I can hear a lot better now. I think this would be useful to spies of the Lunar Republic."

"Well that is something you don't see every day. But eh... do you have a antidote for this bat serum Surprise?"

"Oh well that's good." Malt says, as he chugs the potion. Malt begins to shrink, forehooves being replaced by wings, ears growing, and fangs beginning to show. "Wow... this is cool." Malt said in a higher pitched voice than normal. "Wow... I can hear a lot better now. I think this would be useful to spies of the Lunar Republic."

"I suppose It would."

"Well that is something you don't see every day. But eh... do you have a antidote for this bat serum Surprise?"

"Yes. It`s in that cupboard over there." said Surprise as she pointed to a cupboard labeled "Antidotes."