sarysa

Looking for testers for a boss I'm working on

41 posts in this topic

wolf:

- Will do some private tests tonight with reflection and short circuit.

- Missing textures means you didn't pre-install the resources. My server downloading stuff sucks.

- With platforms, there's nothing I can do except rely on players common sense. The collision rects for these props are underground because if they spawned above ground, the player would get stuck on them. Technical limitation.

- Slicers are MEANT to trap a passageway. They're traps after all. At 20 rage a pop they're very situational, as typically it's better to spend the 100 rage for a rocket launcher. Players can walk through them but ubers will thwart them and they can be a double-edged sword as a clever player with a medic buddy can use them to build up fast uber. (like holding the battalion's backup does, or sitting in the lava in MC village or arenagate)

- One shot demo shield, blame FF2 for being lazy with this. The only way this'd get fixed would be to modify the FF2 core to have a damage threshold for breaking shields.

- God mode only has a 5% chance of appearing. It's meant to be feared.

- The hale can 4-shot any solid prop with their melee weapon. This was specifically coded so the hale would have more control over the props than the players, who need to do 1000 damage to destroy props.

- In pit maps, the hale uses jump pads to get out. They get rage from the lava in volcanic.

The model development seems great, so far! Kinda cute, too! I like it. If you decide to run any more tests with players, I'd love to join again, if that's fine!

Edited by Mike Dragon

No Name, I'm really loving the scout version. I don't expect to really like a demo version.

Only thing is the body seems off. Did you turn off smoothing with it or is it something that's always been an issue with female scouts? (Cheese and Button had extensive body modifications)

Oh, other thing is have you tried adding the shirt to the scout?

Oh yeah, do you know how to add an attachment point at the horn? Might be sensible to give her a particle effect since she's always doing something very unnatural for ponies. :P

I think the demo version won't look good, the demoman also has slow movements, but I'll do it anyways.

And yeah, it's a problem with scout's v1 body, I used rainbow dash's base model. I even decompiled her model again to make sure it wasn't just the mdldecompiler derping with the model (which happens once in a while), but nope, it's the rig itself. I guess button also has them, since his bone wheights are the same.

I'll try the shirt later. I'm also planning adding pants to her, if scout's v1 textures helps.

About the attachements...I remember them from the qc files, they are cordinates that points to a location. I guess I have to add a new bone on her horn, then create the attatchement through hlmv?

Edit: Nvm, I can actually add another attatchement from the head bone.

9RtY1P5.jpg

Edit 2: Demoman version finished. Also added the attatchement to the horn.

VTxg5N7.jpg

Now adding a shirt to the base texture

Edit 3: This is close to what I had in mind

oc8pVkI.jpg

I used demoman for this demonstration because I have to make small adjustments to the textures according to the model.

Edited by No Name

And I'm not sure if adding the pants was a good idea, It looks more like socks. With just the jacket it feels more badass, and I'm planning on actually making a tab model for this zipper on her chest (or maybe remove it), having a 2d tab just looks dumb.

Cartoon animals usually have one and only one of three things:

- A shirt (Donald Duck)

- Just shorts/Skirt (Mickey Mouse, Dot from Animaniacs)

- A mini-dress (Minnie Mouse)

#1 (Cheese Sandwich) and #3 (Maud Pie) are the most common in MLP. #3's being a little longer since they're not anthropomorphic. A long dress in MLP typically being only formal attire.

Probably should ditch the sockpants.

Edited by sarysa

To do list:

Ditch pants - Done

Focus textures for a scout base model, since it looks better - Done

Add more details to the shirt - Done - Also added a collar to her shirt, so it looks better.

Add a 3d tab to the zipper - Pending

Reduce zipper width - Done

Try to draw thi's tattoo from scratch - I'm not sure about this one, but I even know the text on the tattoo

Make badass uber textures, since godmode will be the "oh sh*t, run b*tches!" moment - Pending

Edited by No Name

Updated to do list, I won't be able to finish them today, since I'll be busy for the rest of the day.

And for the uber textures, I thought about doing something like ROTT 2013's godmode, trying to replicate the same effect on the whole model.

Edited by No Name

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But the hale is uber so she'll be able to use the uber textures.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But the hale is uber so she'll be able to use the uber textures.

Yeah, but it would suck if her godmode textures were just white eyes like the bosses we have right now :p

I'm planning on making a uber texture with a blue overlay over her body/head textures.

As a reference, this is what Blinx is doing for the public human Thi Barrett:

uberthi.jpg

Edited by sarysa

As a reference, this is what Blinx is doing for the public human Thi Barrett:

uberthi.jpg

Hm, so I'll just make the good old style uber textures. Btw, can't we just rip the tattoo from her human textures? It would be quicker than tryng to replicate one using vectors.

Hm, so I'll just make the good old style uber textures. Btw, can't we just rip the tattoo from her human textures? It would be quicker than tryng to replicate one using vectors.

You're the artist. :) Like I said, I wouldn't shove the tattoo down your throat, so however you feel comfortable (or if you feel comfortable) doing it is fine.

Edited by sarysa

WIP uber textures.

First, I tried doing this

jK6010H.jpg

But since I can't make just the blue overlay have this glow effect, and had some negative feedback from Scootz, I went straight for just good 'ol vanilla uber textures

kDQfckN.jpg

Now pretty much the only 2 things missing will be the tattoo and finish uber-texturing the whole body.

Edit: Full body textures, valve styled, at the cost of extra 4.5mb, or we can have what we have on discord (fully blue body, without details under it) for ~3kb. I only did blue version for now, since the red version isn't needed on ponyville as a boss. 

EolB8nT.jpg

Edited by No Name
1 person likes this

Turns out I just can't make the tattoo (not just replicate it, but also make it look good on a mirrored, animated model), so I'll just pack the files needed and send them to sarysa through pm.