Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scootz

Pyro Airblast

20 posts in this topic

So... 60 seconds left in the round and there is a pyro on a dispenser with the normal flamethrower all he did for said 60 seconds is airblast I rage he is on a dispenser (I'm playing as Nightmare Rarity) he airblast me constantly I can't do nothing and they make it a stalemate

either make Pyro's airblast cost alot of ammo or make sure they don't get ammo from dispensers/ammo packs

Edited by General Scootz

Why didn't you destroy the dispenser sooner?

Why didn't you weighdown-goomba him?

A highly situational scenario that could have been avoided is not a reason to nerf a major feature of the pyro.

What about last man loadouts? When someone is the last one alive the server forces a loadout on them. With that it's easy (assuming it isn't too hard code-wise) to deal with stallers, they just wouldn't have a loadout fit to stall the game.

Let's say the last scout gets a high damage scatter gun with reduced movespeed, so he can't just jump around stalling the game, or a pyro gets a backburner with no ammo from dispencers attribute and a stock shotgun, so he can't just flare jump around stalling the game, a soldier with a custom rocket launcher with reduced rocket jump height, and so it goes.

He was in a house in Mc_Village 

That's all that needs to be said

A highly situational scenario that could have been avoided is not a reason to nerf a major feature of the pyro.

wait what...they nerfed her...what for!

Same as the Octavia and Vinyl duo, you can no longer crouch walk to avoid damage.

So... 60 seconds left in the round and there is a pyro on a dispenser with the normal flamethrower all he did for said 60 seconds is airblast I rage he is on a dispenser (I'm playing as Nightmare Rarity) he airblast me constantly I can't do nothing and they make it a stalemate

either make Pyro's airblast cost alot of ammo or make sure they don't get ammo from dispensers/ammo packs

Maybe airblasting could cost more ammo, but removing the pyro's ability to regain ammo would be a completely unreasonable idea. Were that to happen, the only way a pyro could be viable is with a spellbook. Mmmm, magical airblast pyros. :3

Maybe airblasting could cost more ammo, but removing the pyro's ability to regain ammo would be a completely unreasonable idea. Were that to happen, the only way a pyro could be viable is with a spellbook. Mmmm, magical airblast pyros. :3

>using spellbook to compensate for lack of how to Pyro

>how to Pyro

>Pyro

1409266113713.jpg

Also not that I'm caring, but what in nightmare rarity got nerfed?  If it's because of the instant-disguise upon backstab, well, congratulations she is now Rarity but reskined.

She can't convert anyone anymore (from what I tried)

Well as you said before, if her rage cannot do what it's supposed to do due to a change of the rage of it... then why bother having her on the roster then?

Pyros as last player alive seem to be a problem. In a similar scenario, didn't we make spies unable to use watches as last player?

Take away pyro's airblast if he is the final player remaining.

Removing airblast would be an unneeded punishment to pyro for escaping or helping other teammates. If he's sitting on a dispenser, he won't care about a health reducing penalty.

Better solutions in my opinion would be:

- Successful airblasts consume more ammo

- Put the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers while active" attribute on all flamethrowers

- Try to find a way to make it so a pyro can only airblast every "so-many seconds" (Example- He can only use airblast once and then it has a cooldown of two seconds).

1 person likes this

Pyros as last player alive seem to be a problem. In a similar scenario, didn't we make spies unable to use watches as last player?

Take away pyro's airblast if he is the final player remaining.

Removing airblast would be an unneeded punishment to pyro for escaping or helping other teammates. If he's sitting on a dispenser, he won't care about a health reducing penalty.

Better solutions in my opinion would be:

- Successful airblasts consume more ammo

- Put the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers while active" attribute on all flamethrowers

- Try to find a way to make it so a pyro can only airblast every "so-many seconds" (Example- He can only use airblast once and then it has a cooldown of two seconds).

This is pretty much what I mean this is what I've been wanting the whole time Cannot receive ammo from dispensers and Succesful airblasts cost more ammo right there Thank you Video <3

The best idea seems to be to add the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers while active" attribute to the flamethrowers as well as getting more ammo from ammo pickups. It would be nice to see flamethrowers like the backburner use less ammo per second or get back their extra ammo attribute or air blasting costs less. Something needs to be added to offset losing a pyro's quickest way to recover ammo otherwise it just won't be worth saving an engi's buildings when the hale comes around.

~Have a good one.

The best idea seems to be to add the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers while active" attribute to the flamethrowers as well as getting more ammo from ammo pickups. It would be nice to see flamethrowers like the backburner use less ammo per second or get back their extra ammo attribute or air blasting costs less. Something needs to be added to offset losing a pyro's quickest way to recover ammo otherwise it just won't be worth saving an engi's buildings when the hale comes around.

~Have a good one.

Hence why the suggestion that the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers while active" be applied the moment a Pyro is the last merc standing, which really seems to be about a good medium to some of the other suggestions being made.  But taking away the airblast on those flamethrowers altogether and all you get are a variants of the Phlogistinator.  Bor-ing.

Edited by The_Mr_Kumar

Pyros don't need a nerf, they need a buff, mainly degreaser pyros. 

"Oh daddy can you show me the tutorial one more time it was funny"

"Sure son!"

How to play Pyro for dummies on VSP

FIRST

Equipped the Phlog

SECOND

Go talk your non brony friend into playing medic for you

THIRD

Watch as the hales health drains

Congratulations you have mastered Pyro!

See the problem is only the Airblast function fix that up a bit with the suggested ideas from Videogames and this would make pyro airblast at least enjoyable for the hale and no make the hale rage (get it because he gains rage when the pyro airblast :D)

See Scooty, thats a cheap way of winning. I wanna earn my damage. Now while Degreaser/Shotgun pyro does do that, it can take an awful long time to reach 1k damage without uber. Plz, buff the shotguns stats.

See Scooty, thats a cheap way of winning. I wanna earn my damage. Now while Degreaser/Shotgun pyro does do that, it can take an awful long time to reach 1k damage without uber. Plz, buff the shotguns stats.

The Shotgun is as potent of a Secondary as it is already, and with the buff it received it makes that weapon alone to do your fair share of the damage.  It's only up to you to know how to aim, dodge, and dance around the Hale.  As well as knowing when to flee before going back into the fray.  Also, you won't get anywhere if you treat the Shotgun like a sniper rifle.

Here is my Pyro weapons lineup, with basic strategy, which will make getting 1,000+ damage easy without a medic most times.

- Backburner -

250px-RedBackburnerTilt.png

• pictogram_plus.png  100% critical hits from behind
  • pictogram_plus.png  +20% afterburn damage bonus
  • pictogram_plus.png  +100% afterburn duration
  • pictogram_plus.png  +75% more flame spread area
  • pictogram_plus.png  +75% more flame distance
  • pictogram_minus.png  +150% airblast cost
  • pictogram_minus.png  +20% flamethrower ammo consumed per second
  • pictogram_comment.png  Particle Effect: Flying Bits

- Shotgun - 

250px-Shotgun_IMG.png

• pictogram_plus.png  +40% damage bonus
  • pictogram_plus.png  +40% clip size
  • pictogram_plus.png  25% faster firing speed
  • pictogram_plus.png  +25% bullets per shot
  • pictogram_plus.png  +25% faster reload time
  • pictogram_minus.png  40% less accurate

- Fire Axe - 

250px-Axe_IMG.png

• pictogram_plus.png  +50% max primary ammo on wearer
  • pictogram_plus.png  +50% max secondary ammo on wearer
  • pictogram_minus.png  40% slower firing speed

Strategy:

With this setup you will have 300 primary ammo for your Backburner and air-blasts will take up 50 primary ammo. Your primary weapon is going to be your Shotgun for medium-long range attacks. Use the Backburner for short-melee ranges.

Whenever you are attacking the boss in a group (say KGBs and DemoKnights for example), use your Backburner to build up the damage and try to get behind the boss as often as possible because, with the Backburners stock stat, you gain 100% criticals from behind and can rack up a few hundred damage within a few seconds this way. Depending on how many fire sources are hitting the boss, you will also have an extended duration of after-burn which will slowly build your damage up, even if you die. Also make sure to have your Backburner out when you turn corners in which you cannot see what is on the other side, just in case you run into the boss.

If you are not attacking in a group, or just see the boss at a distance your Backburner can not reach, switch to your Shotgun and feel free to unload as you have a bonus to your max secondary ammo thanks to the stock Fire Axe. The only real purpose of the Fire Axe is to give you a max ammo bonus to both your primary and secondary, only use it as a last resort due to running out of ammo. The damage you can get with your Shotgun at point blank will be able to deal higher damage then the Fire Axe and at a much faster rate, due to the slower firing speed on the melee weapon.