Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Piklz419

Mod Powers Reinstating Topic

25 posts in this topic

A couple months ago Brony Down Under left the ponyville servers for personal reasons, leaving his mod powers to me. To my understanding Raini asked other mods/admins if i were suitable for the position. Obviously, enough said yes as the power was handed to me. However, my mod powers were quickly removed 2 days later because of a player, sending a screenshot to the admins showing why i shouldn't be a mod. The screenshot was of a group chat that Zari Puff, Gimpy, General Scootz and myself were in, to discuss the things that Zari and I despise in each other. Things did get a little hot but were quickly subsided as i apologized to her. 

Now the problem. This group chat was outside the ponyville server, in a separate steam chat. As I recall neither Zari nor i were in the server at the time during this discussion, so to my understanding, this cancels out an server admins jurisdiction on the topic. I discussed this with a few players, many saying that, that was the case, and i shouldnt of lost my mod powers because of something that happened outside the ponyville servers themselves. To further back this up, a mod had recently lost his powers because of incidents that have occurred in the ponyville servers, making him actually legible for his removal because of sufficient amount of evidence produced for the punishment. My case however, was only a screenshot taken from a chat that happened outside the server.

Secondly, the timezone i which i am available, is a time at which most if not all current mods/admins are asleep and/or away. This causes the server to be vulnerable to rule breakers, trolls and accidental offenders. I tend to keep screenshots of each time this happens, as the only thing that can be done, is the only thing i believe is right, is to do the job of a mod, without saying that i am an actual mod. Also, Ive noticed alot of new players joining and becoming part of the community, in which, do not fully know the rules because, to be honest, no new player will read the motd. But whose to warn them about what they are doing or what rule they're breaking so they can avoid it in the future. Other new players cant, which was the case today in the main server. And yes, i know mods cant always be on the server because of life, but hiring more mods in the same time zone dosnt fix that problem.

Back to the main point, which is the reconsideration of my mod powers returned. Brony Down Under, recently rejoined the server again, and is mod again, isnt always on at the same time as me because he has a job, meaning he cant always be there watching over the server. When Down Under is in the server, he entrusts me with watching over the server if he has to go away from the game, leaving me to report anything that may of happened. Also, I help report anything to him while he is in the server, because most of the time mods want to play, not spend time in spectator watching other players. Chuckles and Emmy play, nearly around the same time as Down Under and I, and i do report problems to them as well, but arnt always available at the time needed. At times like these, i do check the forums to see if any mods/admins are available but noone is available because of school, sleep, work or other conditions. And i dont use the report system because that hasnt worked once for every time ive used it.  I would like to consider that a Staff tracker could be added to see which Staff members are currently or have been on any of the servers and how long they have been on. Which would show who is capable of upholding the responsibility of their position.

Thank you for your time reading this and i hope i have at least upheld my situation or helped the reinstatement of my powers.

1 person likes this

Well to be honest I think that there needs to be a slight adjustment in how the server is managed, not in a harsh way the server is fine as it is

but there needs to be a bit more.. discussion type of thing in it

In my case I only get contacted by Simple and such because I have done something wrong, I feel that instead of focusing on the bad points that staff make

There should be a way to sum up how long they have been in the staff position, what they had done in that time, good points, bad points and decide from there

Not look at what they had done wrong and punish them for that

Again in my case Ive been told that my behavior is not moderator worthy, yet I dont.. actually know what I did wrong

I could have been doing it all along since I was told and never knew

I agree we need more moderators in different timezones, I think that /ALL/ staff should be notified about changes and adding new staff

Fairly new moderators may be an expection 

And to quote Vinyl "To further back this up, a mod had recently lost his powers because of incidents that have occurred in the ponyville servers, making him actually legible for his removal because of sufficient amount of evidence produced for the punishment. My case however, was only a screenshot taken from a chat that happened outside the server."

I had no chance to defend myself and apparently I admitted to doing wrong and was completely fine with being removed as moderator

But I did not agree or admit to anything, I was told I had done something wrong and was getting my moderator removed in short and had no say in this

I would further like to point out that I had reported 2 users provoking me by calling me a name and constantly making comments whenever I had joined or died in the server and no action was taken

Just recently Zoidbeurger had joined, said I was a "shitlord" and was happy about me losing my moderator as well as laughing loudly then left saying "Thats all I wanted to do", again I heard from a member of staff nobody wanted to touch this subject and apparently no action to my hearing was carried out

In the past before these there had been times where I reported things and nothing was done

Another point would be to say that getting moderator is hard and takes time, but it can be taken away too quickly for Vinyls case, I agree Vinyl should be moderator and think he would make a good addition to the staff list, I only ask that more action is taken to change the way punishment is carried out to staff

1 person likes this

Im with Caboose and Vinyl on this one.Vinyl was unfairly removed over some crap that happend OUTSIDE of the servers and site and he should not have been removed..Now as for Caboose it seems the person who removed him was out to get him removed and i think he should not have been removed..I think Caboose deserves one last chance or at least some one take care of Zoidbeurger as he seems to be trolling Caboose over his loss witch should be unacceptable and be met with swift punishment.

Wait if you got your mod because BDU left but now he is back and still wanting to get mod

MMMK

(Once again thanks Jug for the reaction video)

1. I was the one that advised him to make this post.

2. I have this magical thing called a Job meaning I can't be on when others are asleep

3. Vinyl is the only other Australian person I can think of that is suitable for a staff position.

4. There are how many American Mods and you care about having 2 Australian Mods?

5. It's "Down Under" to you.

Just recently Zoidbeurger had joined, said I was a "shitlord" and was happy about me losing my moderator as well as laughing loudly then left saying "Thats all I wanted to do", again I heard from a member of staff nobody wanted to touch this subject and apparently no action to my hearing was carried out.

Just to specify, I was the one who first ended up involved with this. I'd rather not talk about all details in the case but it's a bit complicated. It happened shortly before I'd logged onto the server one day. There were witnesses apparently but no evidence (i.e. fraps), Zoidbeurger claiming otherwise, the fact that people on both sides were more or less established regulars. I didn't want to be hasty so I asked Jug for advice, and he had the same opinion.

Not taking action sucks, and I'm definitely building a reputation for inaction (though I fully admit I'm an admin for creating stuff only, heh) but there was really no clear winner among the choices. Situations like this you really need to Fraps it.

3 people like this

But everyone who were on justified the fact that he did this, and he did it so sudden I couldnt even record if I wanted to

How do you expect people to have evidence for things which only just pop up at sudden and then stop

Especially when he was on the mic, this had happened to me before and it was resolved but its different now?

There was nobody defending Zoid at the time and there were more than enough witnesses on the server

+Not everyone (like me) has a computer able to record and keep up a steady FPS or such

Another thing becoming a mod is not all about time zones

There are how many American Mods and you care about having 2 Australian Mods?
Secondly, the timezone i which i am available

1) It's about how a person can handle a situation

2) it's about if people can trust this person to be a mod

3) It's about showing if you're up to the job 

Timezones can help yes but when you realise on the weekends there are people like myself, Gimpy, Skeith and sometimes other admins/mods who stay up until 5 in the morning playing on ponyville where on the weekend also there are people who would troll more at night as they don't have school in the morning.

1. I was the one that advised him to make this post.

2. I have this magical thing called a Job meaning I can't be on when others are asleep

3. Vinyl is the only other Australian person I can think of that is suitable for a staff position.

4. There are how many American Mods and you care about having 2 Australian Mods?

5. It's "Down Under" to you.

1) Ok? That doesn't change the situation

2)Congratulations 

3)I would say something but hey I'm not a rude dude

4)No I really don't care timezones don't mean much  to some people

5) It's ok Downy we can all be salty at times

Just going to reply to Scootz

I stay up till 1 AM my time more than most nights

And people trust me a whole lot, when people found out when I lost my mod everyone said that I deserved it and such

But apparently according to Simple/Raini I were fine with it being removed

Theres alot going on at the moment and this is very frustrating for me because I feel like Ive been punished by having my mod removed for the way I act

But yet 3 people had been acting worse than me and got off scott free

From what i have gathered Zoid had no proof in getting Caboose removed.. All the admins had was his word and nothing more.Admin's and Mod's should at least have some kind of physical proof before taking action as some one's word is not enough all the time and i think this is opne of those times that someone's word is NOT ENOUGH.Caboose did a fine job as a Mod and This dissapoint's me greatly that he was removed souly on word.Caboose was unfairly removed as mod and i think he deserves one more chance. Even if does not get his powers back as i said before i think it's complete bull if nothing is done about Zoid trolling Caboose and giving him a hard time for losing his posistion.

It's been a while since I've posted on these forums, and I really didn't want to throw in my two cents, until I saw that Zoid was getting off scot-free for his incredibly cruel display a few days ago. It bothers me greatly that Caboose was removed from his position on word from people who were instigating witch-hunting discussions not two days before on a round of Spotline, and yet words and witnesses do nothing to punish one of the most spiteful and awful displays of unconstructive lambasting I've ever seen in a TF2 community.

Frankly, I'm not one to talk in a situation like this. Two years ago, I had moderator status and lost it within a week. However, with the recent events and drama surrounding staff positions, I belive It would ease a lot of people's minds if there was some way to standardize removal of moderators, and require some mode of evidence to consider revoking a staff member's privileges, rather than the flash-opinions of community members ganging up on people they may not personally like. If it requires hard evidence to condemn cruelty and hateful behavior, then the same should be asked for condemnation of server staff.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Aquarian Poet™
2 people like this

I'm gonna go ahead and speak my mind now before it's to late. This is what I see with the situation with Caboose. Number 1: I honestly feel like he's never in a neutral party. From what I've seen he tends to act like "I'm doing things my way only". An example, Poet burped on the mic on the servers one day. I told him not to do that again, caboose responded by muting Poet. In my perspective there was no need for a mute if he had already been warned. Did poet do it again after I warned him? No. So there really was no need for a mute. Another thing is that from I got from some regulars is that sometimes he'll antagonize them just because of their voice. An example: Wittle Woona, one of the server regulars, likes to do a Woona impression as she plays the boss. Caboose always responds by telling her to stop because her voice is annoying which ended up putting her down. Was everyone else annoyed with Woona and was she using a voice changer to make her sound like her boss? No. Everyone actually liked it and thought it was cute and she did the voice impression all on her own. So there was no need for him to put her down like that. My main point: I personally feel like Caboose shouldn't get mod back simply because of how he is and how he tends to act.

Back to the main reason why this topic was made. We've already agreed that Vinylbat shouldn't get his mod back regardless of what happened in the past. From what I've seen only one mod, Down Under, and one admin, Steel, all said that he was suitable for the job at the time he was given to it when most of us like Me, Skeith and Videogames said he wasn't suitable. Not just other admins but most mods, like Gimpy agreed. And all of us still agree that he shouldn't get it back. If we're going to talk about who should replace caboose, if he doesn't get his powers back, then I do have one person who should become mod and one person who would be right for the job. But I'll wait to post my thoughts so that way it doesn't look like I'm jumping the gun.

3 people like this

Let's make it short, since people want my reasons why I removed caboose. And no, I am not going to call out specific names because it will just make more drama, but I am just asking you to believe me on these facts, I have no interest in making shit up for the sake of it, and this situation is getting as old to me as it is to all of you.

Caboose was removed from being mod before for his behavior, and was given a second chance at reinstating his mod (which has never happened before, but i wanted to give him this one chance). After a couple of months of quiet and civil behavior, he was given his mod back. A month or two after he got his mod back, I started getting complaints from people in the same exact vein as the ones that got him removed before. I was being told that Caboose was sexist at times, he was disrespectful to people for no reason, and that he liked to say inappropriate things out of nowhere that few people found funny. I kept asking people for evidence before I could take any action, because I can't just do things based on hearsay. But when the number of people complaining kept growing and when people that are completely unrelated to each other told me the same exact things, I started trying harder to gain at least some evidence of this behavior. Again, it was done all over voice and obviously I cannot count on anyone's behavior being the same when they see that I am on the server. But, once I got a friend of mine to ask people what they think of Caboose as a moderator and he provided me with responses that were incredibly unenthusiastic, I knew there was something that I needed to do even with lack of video/audio evidence. 

The bottom line is that Caboose's behavior is unbecoming of a mod, and his demeanor in general is plain bad. Whether that is a result of him getting the mod power to begin with or whatnot, I do not know. I did not give Caboose a chance to explain himself because there didn't need to be any explaining, the sheer amount of people (around 8 to this point) that have told me and given examples of caboose having inappropriate behavior became evidence enough for me.

To illustrate my point, I will post some screenshots with the names blacked out. I am not going to spend time going through my phone for every single instance of people reporting his behavior to me for the past couple months, I am just posting a few so that you can see I am not making shit up.

cab1.png

cab2.png

cab3.png

The previous response is addressing anyone who wants consideration for a second chance at mod. This situation and entitlement issues that grow out of it is why we will never be considering giving anyone else a second chance at mod once they are removed from the position.

2 people like this

Star, I told Woona to stop the impressions and talk normally because people with me that have sensitive headphones, my headphones are on a constant 2% with the game volume down at its lowest and it is still sounding extremely loud

Using these voices usually gets people to.. make the mic chat come alive and spam all at once, which hurts my ears

We had a personal discussion me and Woona and agreed that she can still talk but not with the impressions

And I would like to respond to Simple as to you asked people have I abused them and they told you about it, I got punished

By their word, but yet witnesses and many other peoples word is not enough to respond to Zoid or any of the others that had practically harrassed me?

As for the joke making, didnt know people were leaving because of that, many people come and go in the server constantly, nobody told me to stop but I did myself

Sorry for my actions overall, but Im a bit relieved to hear WHAT exactly I did wrong, but the matter of the harrassment to me is still yet to be resolved

As well as the hit at me saying she cant be a mod, It wasnt directed at her and I was explaining at the time that anyone can say they had been a mod or admin on a previous server and it may or may not be true

Edited by Caboose

Like I said, many more people that told me about your misbehavior as compared to Zoid's or anyone else that you say harassed you. If I get evidence or more people telling me the same thing over and over again, I would take action against Zoid just the same.

There were more than 10 witnesses in the server that said to Sarysa JUST after it happened, but nothing was done

I would also like to point out that if you are going from peoples word then I can easily get people to say that someone has done something

I have done these things, but Im saying its not exactly the best way

Edited by Caboose

A month or two after he got his mod back, I started getting complaints from people in the same exact vein as the ones that got him removed before. I was being told that Caboose was sexist at times, he was disrespectful to people for no reason, and that he liked to say inappropriate things out of nowhere that few people found funny. I kept asking people for evidence before I could take any action, because I can't just do things based on hearsay. But when the number of people complaining kept growing and when people that are completely unrelated to each other told me the same exact things, I started trying harder to gain at least some evidence of this behavior. Again, it was done all over voice and obviously I cannot count on anyone's behavior being the same when they see that I am on the server. But, once I got a friend of mine to ask people what they think of Caboose as a moderator and he provided me with responses that were incredibly unenthusiastic, I knew there was something that I needed to do even with lack of video/audio evidence. 

Well from what Ive seen Vinyl or me is not getting added back to mod, so why not move this to another point that needs solving? 

MULTI TASKING EVERYONE, I dont know what Im doing sometimes

tenth-doctor-fantastic.gif?w=529

You can discuss any other issues you have with other members with me in private. This topic was about reinstating moderators, and for Vinyl, the circumstances for his removal were similar but not exactly the same. It was very mean and disrespectful behavior towards another player (singled out) that occurred outside of the servers. Truthfully, I do not care whether that kind of behavior occurs on the server, off the server, or in another universe, as long as both parties are players that frequent our server or are a part of our community, our moderators should not be behaving the way that makes everyone in the administration look bad. Word of mouth spreads fast, and because of one or two mods being assholes to others, even if outside of the immediate server, gives us the reputation that we make assholes moderators.

Simple is not the only staff member who received reports about your behavior, Caboose.

caboose-name.png

This is the most recent example that I have in my Inbox. There are more.

Well to be honest I think that there needs to be a slight adjustment in how the server is managed, not in a harsh way the server is fine as it is
but there needs to be a bit more.. discussion type of thing in it

In my case I only get contacted by Simple and such because I have done something wrong, I feel that instead of focusing on the bad points that staff make
There should be a way to sum up how long they have been in the staff position, what they had done in that time, good points, bad points and decide from there
Not look at what they had done wrong and punish them for that

Renaming players against their wishes and without sufficient reason to do so is a blatant abuse of power and against the rules. There was a long-standing Administrator who was removed recently over less. He served as an Administrator for many years and made important contributions to the community. However, when it was discovered that he was behaving inappropriately and misusing some of his powers, we voted to remove him regardless.

How long you've been a member of the community, what you've done in service of it, and other "good points" are ultimately irrelevant in the face of consistent misdeeds. If I may be just as honest, there is no reason why you should have been granted a second chance at being a Moderator in light of the offenses that resulted in your original removal. We gave you a second chance (which was unprecedented) and we are not open to considering a third. That is final.

The removal of Moderators is ultimately a staff decision. We cannot always disclose the reasons behind those decisions out of consideration for the privacy of all parties involved. Anyone who has been staff and has any understanding of discretion should know this already.

Alright, I understand now thanks for the clear up explanation, thats all I wanted in the first place

No problem. I hope that there will be no hard feelings as you've been a member of our community for some time and it would be a loss to us all if you left. If this thread is any indication, many people do respect you and enjoy having you on the servers. Being a Moderator has nothing to do with that. Being removed as a Moderator won't change it either.

I'm going to lock this thread now.