Caboose

Ban Submission (Zoid)

12 posts in this topic

Username: Double McBacon Beurger w/cheese
SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:38422560

Steam Profile:  (Could not get this)
Ponyville Server:  Ponyville.net (Texas) - Versus Ponyville
Transgression: dont be disrespectful   

Zoidbeurger had joined and instantly said he had "News from another member that someone had lost their moderatorship" and after this he started laughing loudly and quite obnoxiously while saying "Caboose you shitlord, scrub ect" as well as "I am so happy you got it removed" "You deserved it" and other remarks like this, after a good two minutes of non stop harassment he leaves after saying "Thats all I had come on to do, everyone else but Caboose have a nice day"

This happened days to a week ago but nothing was done about it, there is no hard evidence because it happened so suddenly but there were more than enough people to say that it had happened and they were witnesses

Sarsya joined not long after and everyone had told her that it did and what happened

If need be I can ask the people who were there at the time to come to this topic

I wasn't there to confirm this, but a friend of mine, who has nothing to do at all with caboose, was playing there at the same time and told me about it. When I joined, zoid was gone but I believe the word of my friend.

I was also the Moderator on at the time unfortunately I went AFK during the time that this event transpired. Upon my return I heard everything from Caboose. I've also heard speculation that Sarsya wanted a more experienced admin to deal with it as no one wanted "To touch this issue with a 10 Foot pole". A few days ago Zoid joined the server but acting as nothing had happened. No one approached him as he was under a different username and no users (except Caboose, Vinylbat and myself) were on in both cases.

I'd hate to say it but even I wish to stay as a neutral party in this conflict and I can understand why some others are taking this course of action; or rather, none.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zoidbeurger << You can fill in your blank

Well, i am said friend of Emmy and can indeed confirm that Zoid said the things Caboose mentioned in his post since i was on at that time.

I'm agreeing with Downy on this one, I will be staying neutral untill any proof is found once proof is found there you go we can do something about it

Another thing

Simple said this

Like I said, many more people that told me about your misbehavior as compared to Zoid's or anyone else that you say harassed you. If I get evidence or more people telling me the same thing over and over again, I would take action against Zoid just the same.

Remember the Mod Powers Reinstating forum post. Yeah So once you get proof then I (myself) would agree but for now like you said in the Mod Powers post

I would also like to point out that if you are going from peoples word then I can easily get people to say that someone has done something

I have done these things, but Im saying its not exactly the best way

Well there is no proof but witnesses

He came on so suddenly I doubt anyone could get fraps or anything up quick enough

There were a bunch of people on at the time but nobody to stop it

How can someone get any proof apart from witnesses when someone talks on the mic and does it so suddenly

I was witness to this, as well as VinylBat, Light Flare, and not_hated. It happened during my Surprise round on the Minecraft village map.

Zoid joined the server, and immediately started with a drawn-out "Heyyyy, got some news for a member heeere!" He then called out Caboose and said that he lost his moderator status, and then belted out a harsh, forced laugh. He then proceeded to loudly tell Caboose that he deserved it, and that he was a "shitlord", and started going on an on about how gleeful he was that Caboose was "finally removed". This tirade went on for about half of my round, at which point he said "Well, I only came on here to say that, so I'll see everyone else later tonight." (not a perfect quote, but the gist is clear), at which point I myself said "Cya asshat" (If the server has chat logs, find that and you'll find where this whole event took place." 

It was honestly the most disgusting display I had ever seen on the Ponyville servers, and I will be sorely disappointed to see this let go without consequence.

This is the sort of thing that people really need to document to the best of their ability when it occurs. Even without FRAPs, someone could have written an account of what transpired along with the server and date/time, or gotten witnesses to post about what they heard. Without so much as a date for when this supposedly occurred, I can't adequately review server logs. For example...

I myself said "Cya asshat" (If the server has chat logs, find that and you'll find where this whole event took place.

I greped through logs dating from October 2 to September 15 looking for "asshat" and didn't find it being used once in this context.

Regardless, I did find one thing from server logs on September 21 at 13:39:47. Zoidbeurger connected to the server using the name "Caboose the Dragon Pony". Impersonation of other players is against the rules and as Zoidbeurger seems to have a history of targeting Caboose, I can only interpret this behavior as an extension of harassment. Accounts from other Admins would seem to corroborate this assumption, so I am going to issue a 3 month Ban.

When Simple is online, I will review this for a Permanent Ban. However, I need to know the exact date when the events reported in this thread supposedly occurred. If I can't even get a date for when this all occurred, I can't issue a Permanent Ban in good conscience.

I've also heard speculation that Sarsya wanted a more experienced admin to deal with it as no one wanted "To touch this issue with a 10 Foot pole". 

I myself said "Cya asshat" (If the server has chat logs, find that and you'll find where this whole event took place.

I greped through logs dating from October 2 to September 15 looking for "asshat" and didn't find it being used once in this context.

Well, heat of the moment as Hale, I could be mistaken as to what I typed exactly.

As far as getting an exact date for this event, I'd say looking for sarysa saying "10 (or ten) foot pole" might turn it up, I remember that line as well. If something more concrete pops up, I'll post back here.

I've discussed this matter with Simple. Due to the timelapse and lack of evidence/witnesses, we are going to leave the Ban at three months, which is excessive enough already for that type of infraction. There is just too little evidence for us to justify a Permanent Ban. The fact that so much time has passed since the incident occurred also complicates things. This thread should have been posted a week ago, or two weeks ago, or whenever it was that the event nobody remembers the date of supposedly occurred. I can only stress that people need to better document and report these things in the future.