Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSLsmokey

Eerie game music

22 posts in this topic

So with halloween coming around in a couple weeks we're seeing the rise of stuff meant to scare us in stores but we all know it's not gonna work. So... In keeping with the trope what are the eerie, creepy, scary or even downright disturbing themes you've found in games?

I shall begin... note the spoiler will cover 4 videos so you have been warned.

Playrooms - Shadowman

Creepy Steeple - Paper Mario TTYD

Creepy Castle - DK64

Old Chateau/Turnback Cave - Pokemon D/P/PT

Go for it! Let your inner spook out!

Never played this game, but I downloaded the mod for L4D2 that makes this play in place of the default tank music.  This makes me shit my pants.

Let's not forget my favorite horror shooter of all time

Creepy Steeple - Paper Mario TTYD

Well you posted the eeriest TTYD music, but River Twygz from Super Paper Mario was even eerier (it even creeped me out when I was young)

Anyway, Umineko soundtrack time because I'm biased as fuck.

Edited by Whatever You Want
1 person likes this

Cannot believe I forgot about this eerie tune

Thats not scary thats just awesome because it's before Magus.

Now this.. this is scary.

Doesn't understand our lord and savior Giygas is love Giygas is life once you hit the 3 minutes mark the spooky is real.

It_s_Giygas_by_RiboZurai.gif

I've heard Giygas' theme and it's really not that eerie or disturbing to me... it's more weird. That being said I will fully admit that I find Giygas himself to be very disturbing

Man, all of your choices on this... eerie music really don't seem scary or just creepy. Sure maybe in the situation you were put in, but in my opinion creepy should be in-game and out of game. For me I have played ALOT of games in my life, but 2 tracks have really touched me on a level that still screw with my brain to this day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5XzsJ0Y80

This one I heard back in 2006 when I was a little kiddy. I went into a cave, and heard this instantly sending chills down my spine. When I saw one zombie I quit the game and haven't touched it for 9 years. Those zombies still scare me to this day, and really are the only thing keeping me from playing Elder Scrolls IV...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZGuB4wxWmw

From 0:00 to 1:50 this spooks me on a level that I can't even comprehend. Never played the Halo series before I played Halo 3, so I never knew of the flood. Suddenly on The Storm mission, this giant freaking ship crashes and everything goes green and nasty. She says the flood landed, yet I am confused. I see things hopping and see that maybe this won't be a alien fight anymore. I go near the tower to help the marines, and all the flood jump down to go kill them and turn them into zombies. That was one of the most scary things for me in the history of my time gaming....and I was 8 when I played this also... :c

Edited by Holy Bird Pope

Bird Pope, Halo 3 was also my first halo, so i understand your feels. xD 

and has for more eerie music, 

I still play this game every now and then. Whenever you are away from enemies and alone the music changes to a ambient theme. Loved it and hated it at the sametime. :P

I seem to be a mite late to the party, but here, take these:

I've never actually played Secret of Mana, but it's a decently unsettling song, just by the discordant effect of the ringing bells. Context may or may not help.

And I can't leave this thread without paying homage to Gehenna, from Skullgirls. Half the song is just noise, building in sickening anticipation, waiting for a hammer to drop that never comes, but all the while the piano backs every motion, keeping it all from being white noise you can casually tune out.  ...Chilling.

Bringing this back with some spooky tunes since it's spooky month right now

These three songs are just perfect little tunes imo

This last one isn't so creepy but it's what it builds up to in the end

This one instantly springs to mind. I used to turn down the volume whenever I went in there because it creeped me out:

I could but the whole Silent Hill 2 ost here but this one in particular is pretty strange: