newfrickinshow

MyMLP YouTube Channel

19 posts in this topic

I have recently started doing YouTube reactions and facecams to MLP season 1.  My plan is to keep doing them and hopefully begin doing blind reactions once season 5 begins.  IN the meantime I'm looking to build an audience and try to begin getting better on camera.  If you want to swing on by to look at my channel, watch a vid or two and let me know what y'all think it'd be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/newfrickinshow

1 person likes this

I watched a little bit, and the camera quality seems grainy to me. The lighting doesn't seem that good either. You also look like you were rubbing your eyes for awhile. Or as if you just woke up. BUT you have a warm laugh and a nice smile. I would suggest maybe waking up a bit, get better lighting, or get some red bull in your system. Oh, and maybe adjust the video ratio a bit? Little bit bigger mlp so it's easier to see what's going on? That's just me though. 

Well a better webcam (HD quality) is on the plan as is a better mic option.  Of course part of me also wonders if I'm just terrible and am wasting my time.

I watched a little bit, and the camera quality seems grainy to me. The lighting doesn't seem that good either. You also look like you were rubbing your eyes for awhile. Or as if you just woke up. BUT you have a warm laugh and a nice smile. I would suggest maybe waking up a bit, get better lighting, or get some red bull in your system. Oh, and maybe adjust the video ratio a bit? Little bit bigger mlp so it's easier to see what's going on? That's just me though. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JH8T3S/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I agree that the camera needs to be better and I need something to cancel out the sound of the fan from my laptop.  Based on the reviews this should do the job.

Oh hey, I'm considering getting that one too. If you get it, let me know how you like it!

Well, you could always subscribe to my channel and check out the difference in quality once I begin recording again.  Free two day shipping with Amazon Prime so I should have Winter Wrap-Up commentary up by this weekind. :pixel-applebloom:

1 person likes this

Oh hey, I'm considering getting that one too. If you get it, let me know how you like it!

Well I still need to use it but my early assessment is, "crap, now I'm going to have to care about how I look before taping MLP commentaries."  I still need to test it out a bit more but it has killed the background noise caused by my laptop fan and the image quality is exceptional.

Sooo much better quality! But it's a little laggy. Love how you did your hair. You still look so tired, though. Heh.

Edit: Wait, that might have just been me. I was downloading something. Derp.

Edit 2: Easy as pie comment, I lol'd so hard.

Edited by Zari Puff

I'm still learning the cam and video editing program.  It's only 420p so technically not HD, looking pretty good I think.  Glad to see you enjoyed that line, I was worried that one went a little too far for the show.

I'm still learning the cam and video editing program.  It's only 420p so technically not HD, looking pretty good I think.  Glad to see you enjoyed that line, I was worried that one went a little too far for the show.

Never! I laughed really hard. But I'm still wondering why you look so tired/squint when you do these.

Never! I laughed really hard. But I'm still wondering why you look so tired/squint when you do these.

I think I just need to raise the level of my laptop when I record so I'm not looking down so much.  Next video I'm going to try elevating my laptop a bit and see how that works.