Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Bugs & Glitches

177 posts in this topic

Because every new Valve updated tends to breaks something, this thread is a means for the community to make us aware of bugs that need urgent attention. Some examples of bugs introduced in recent patches are the outline not being placed on "Last Man Standing" players, or the rocks on Maud Pie no longer functioning as intended during her Rage.

This thread is NOT for reporting mechanics that you personally deem to be "broken" by virtue of being "unbalanced" in your own opinion. Suggestions of that nature belong in the Boss Suggestions or Weapon Suggestions threads respectively. This thread is for reported bugs ONLY.

Please try to provide as much information about the bug as possible when reporting it. The conditions surrounding the "Last Man Standing" bug were obvious and easy to replicate. But bugs like, "one time I saw a player get to be Hale 3x in a row" necessitate further explanation of the circumstances so that we can try to address the source of the problem.

Just incase it isn't incredibly obvious...

THIS ISN'T THE PLACE TO POST EXPLOITS

Exploits have and always will be bannable to post publicly in these forums. If you've found an exploit and wish to report it, please send a private message to the proper administrator (typically Raini/Simple) so it may be dealt with accordingly without it becoming public knowledge.

I bet you're asking yourself: "Whats the difference between a bug/glitch and an exploit?"

Well as previously mentioned by Raini, a bug/glitch is a broken feature that doesn't work as intended and has undesirable outcomes (rages not working, players repeatably becoming a boss due to a glitch in the queue system). Your typical Quality Assurance professional would define a bug as "Unexpected and undesired", namely because if it were to be both it would need to be removed, if however it was just unexpected but has a strangely desirable effect than it may indeed be or become a feature.

An exploit on the other hand would be a bug/glitch that could potentially be used to gain an unintended unfair advantage over other players in a game, such as walking underneath maps, infinite ammo, invulnerability, becoming a boss repeatably before other players have their turn. Obviously most of these require a certain method to achieve/replicate and potentially could spread by reporting said exploit while revealing the method to replicate it.

Notice how I had "becoming a boss repeatably" in both explanations, this is because to one persons view it could be seen as an exploit while to everyone else its just an unusual bug. Thats not to say you couldn't post this and expect to get banned, its mainly just the fact that if you post something thats a bug AND an exploit, posting the method to replicate it publicly would get you outright banned since until the moment it gets fixed, it could be done by whoever read it prior to its removal and as such doesn't make the situation regarding the exploit any better. That being said, if you privately report an exploit and provide a method to replicate it to the Head Admins (Raini and Simple), it could be very beneficial in allowing them to test it private and potentially fix it knowing exactly what could be causing it.

All this being said, as always, exploiting is considered bannable and should be avoided EVEN IF YOU PRIVATELY REPORTED IT.

As of 11/11/14, halloween cosmetics are NOT showing when equipped.

The item server was up for me, so that is not a factor.

I was wearing Vampiric Vesture, Templars Spirit. and the Kriegsmaschine-9000 which are all halloween restricted.

As a test, I used the Eternaween spell and it told me "Halloween mode is already enabled on this server".

Any possible insight? Everyone else had this issue and assumed it was the recent update that broke it.

Just a reminder.

Edited by King Lofty

As of unsure.. the mod mute has been broken.. because when i reported to gummy of a Squeaker and he muted said squeaker.. the Squeaker was still able to talk via mic as if the mute never happened....Gummy then muted another person later on but the same thing happened...

has any other mod/admin had this problem?

Did the map change after the mute or did the muted player reconnect to the server possibly? Either of those would have reset the mute.

Edited by Colgate❄

I don't know if other maps have this as well, but I found a bug with Surprise on Crevice.

Yesterday, while fighting Surprise, she raged when I (and a couple of others) stood on the big bridge.
So, after the obligatory mini-sized conga and cherry tapping the hale a bit, we grew back big (while still on the bridge)... and promptly fell dead.
I can confirm that at least 4 people died that round this way, 3 in the same rage as me and the 4th (who became last man for only a second) also growing big on the bridge... and dropped dead.

Naturally, everyone was confused as hell, and after some discussion the only explanation seemed that that particular bridge kills players (not even sure if it happened to everyone) standing on it when they resize back after Suprise's rage.

Any possible explanation as to why this has happened? I'm pretty sure this is only recent since I never heard about this before...

Edited by Furor

I don't know if other maps have this as well, but I found a bug with Surprise on Crevice.

Yesterday, while fighting Surprise, she raged when I (and a couple of others) stood on the big bridge.

So, after the obligatory mini-sized conga and cherry tapping the hale a bit, we grew back big (while still on the bridge)... and promptly fell dead.

I can confirm that at least 4 people died that round this way, 3 in the same rage as me and the 4th (who became last man for only a second) also growing big on the bridge... and dropped dead.

Naturally, everyone was confused as hell, and after some discussion the only explanation seemed that that particular bridge kills players (not even sure if it happened to everyone) standing on it when they resize back after Suprise's rage.

Any possible explanation as to why this has happened? I'm pretty sure this is only recent since I never heard about this before...

It's not just the bridge on crevice, this can happen on any map. It usually kills you if you're touching a wall or on a slanted surface though. I'm pretty sure it kills you to avoid you getting stuck in the map, or being forced under the map. It kills way more often than it should though, hopefully it can be fixed.

Edited by Colgate❄

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344608196

Just a little surprise bug for you, first person view was slanted after the rage had ended. This only happened to this player (He was the only one alive with a pony model)

As of unsure.. the mod mute has been broken.. because when i reported to gummy of a Squeaker and he muted said squeaker.. the Squeaker was still able to talk via mic as if the mute never happened....Gummy then muted another person later on but the same thing happened...

has any other mod/admin had this problem?

None that I can speak of. A non-permamute is effective until re-connection.

Edited by Brony Down Under™

It looks like spells broke again. You can get ammo and don't have a health nerf.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=349516592

Edit: It also looks like stickies, grenades, and pumpkin bombs are broken. They just go through the ground and walls when shot.

Edit: Holy shit he is right

So yeah most class related projectiles fall threw the floor hell even the australium on 2fortdesk falls threw the floor

Edited by General Scootz

Ok, I think the cause of the latest wave of bugs is that some of the servers' assets have been downgraded to an older version. Bugs like:

- Maud's rocks now have free movement

- Daring and Sweetie can't conga

- Spells broken again

The first one (Maud's rocks) I can guarantee happens because FlaminSarge's force taunt gamedays (which both Friagram and my code uses) is an old version, and will not work at all.

I would like to report a glitch with the dead ringer. For some reason now when it activates, the cloak meter instantly goes down to around 35% cloak.

1 person likes this

There is a major bug with daring do right now. Whenver she uses her lightning totem it causes everyone on the server to crash. This happend this morning on the badlands map, in case the map had something to do with it. The fire and wind totems did not cause a crash, I did not try the ice one though.

There is a major bug with daring do right now. Whenver she uses her lightning totem it causes everyone on the server to crash. This happend this morning on the badlands map, in case the map had something to do with it. The fire and wind totems did not cause a crash, I did not try the ice one though.

Me and Get Spooked M8! tested in VSH Barricade V2 with mainly using lightning totems and did not experience a server crash or client crash for anyone. This is probably a very specific bug, or perhaps something else coincidentally happened, but its certainly not consistent.

Me and Get Spooked M8! tested in VSH Barricade V2 with mainly using lightning totems and did not experience a server crash or client crash for anyone. This is probably a very specific bug, or perhaps something else coincidentally happened, but its certainly not consistent.

It happened twice on Badlands, might just be a bug on that map or something.

It sounds like it only happens on the first map that VSP is loaded onto.

I actually witnessed it happen with Princess Twilight's rage in a similar situation. It happened on arenagate but only after people rtv'd Badlands away. (I'm assuming Badlands was RTV'd away in the preround)

I've never heard any complaints about it with Doctor Whooves, and that's probably because with him, the materials for the TempEnts that make his beams and other effects are precached right before the round begins, as opposed to when the plugin is loaded. I can't reproduce this issue in my test environment, so all I can do is have Daring and Twilight do the same thing Whooves does under the hood.

I've sent these fixes to Raini. She's expecting the Sea Pony hale so hopefully these fixes will get swift inclusion...and also hopefully will fix the problem, since I'm working blind with this one. :P

Edited by sarysa

It sounds like it only happens on the first map that VSP is loaded onto.

I actually witnessed it happen with Princess Twilight's rage in a similar situation. It happened on arenagate but only after people rtv'd Badlands away. (I'm assuming Badlands was RTV'd away in the preround)

I can confirm that I actually did RTV the round onto badlands. I was the only one on the server so I rtv'd to see what would happen.

Well lets hope my fix goes through. It may be awhile before it's compiled into the servers, but it's not a big concern given the tiny rare window that the problem can manifest itself. (albeit more common now since TF2 is updating an average of every 8 bloody hours)

And just a technical note, FF2 loads immediately on map start but subplugins don't load until after the pre-round concludes.

Edited by sarysa

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, there have been several times lately where the server has completely froze up, for around 30 seconds maybe. Every player has frozen up and it becomes unplayable for the time. This has happened at least 4 times when I was on the server, within 2 days. This isn't just me lagging, it's the whole entire server.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, there have been several times lately where the server has completely froze up, for around 30 seconds maybe. Every player has frozen up and it becomes unplayable for the time. This has happened at least 4 times when I was on the server, within 2 days. This isn't just me lagging, it's the whole entire server.

I've seen it happen a bit as well. It occurs so randomly that I suspect it's a problem that goes beyond TF2 or sourcemod.

Oddly enough, I've recently noticed a couple other communities abandon Dallas for their hosting...be it poor DDoS handling or other stability issues. Now I'm sure there's plenty of hosting providers in the Silicon Valley Jr. that is Dallas, but just thought I'd toss that observation out there.

Edited by sarysa

I've seen it happen a bit as well. It occurs so randomly that I suspect it's a problem that goes beyond TF2 or sourcemod.

Oddly enough, I've recently noticed a couple other communities abandon Dallas for their hosting...be it poor DDoS handling or other stability issues. Now I'm sure there's plenty of hosting providers in the Silicon Valley Jr. that is Dallas, but just thought I'd toss that observation out there.

Return of Chicago server :D ?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but since spells were recently reinstalled on the funbox server the "Turn ammo collected into health" and the "Increasing the cost of building buildings" effects were removed from spells. Now there is no reason not to use spells on engineer and soldier (with gunboats), and other classes too. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I thought it wasn't so I reported it here.

With the seapony boss, the "nooverlay" command is stated to last until either the map changes or you disconnect. However, that doesn't work and it needs to be used every time the seapony boss is played.

I'm having issuse with the donner only stuff because I donated and when I wait for a map rotation it does not render it and when I disconnect and re-connect it still does not render it. Can someone please help?