Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Bugs & Glitches

177 posts in this topic

I'm having issuse with the donner only stuff because I donated and when I wait for a map rotation it does not render it and when I disconnect and re-connect it still does not render it. Can someone please help?

PM Raini with "donor benefits missing" if it's still a problem. She's usually quick to reply to these.

Yesterday, while I was playing as a pyro against Dr. Whooves, the hale teleported inside me. Even while manically airblasting him and pressing the back key, after 5 seconds (hale was forgiven) even the hale got tired and killed me.

To clarify, I was standing in the open with no walls around, but there was a walkway a level lower just behind me, wich I think was what caused to bug.

Has this happened before, even with other teleport hales?

Edited by Koekelbag

Teleporting inside someone is the old method, and the one common to all other servers. It's a fallback for when players are in a position where they can't be teleported above. It's a necessary evil to prevent people from finding spots in the map where they'd essentially be invincible.

Edited by sarysa

Should the new vinyl rage give damage to spy when they are close (wub rage) cuz if so idk about cloak spy could be my imagination but it look like they don't take damage

Edited by Codenothing

Should the new vinyl rage give damage to spy when they are close (wub rage) cuz if so idk about cloak spy could be my imagination but it look like they don't take damage

They probably still benefit from the damage reduction that cloak gives.

They do. And I'm fine with this, because the way I look at it, Dead Ringer has advantage over invis watch against:

- Molestia and Kinkie Pie's melee

- Pinkamena's melee

- Celestia's melee

- Stallione's melee

- Mare-Do-Well's melee

- Daring Do's fire totem

- Mega Pony's everything

The way I see it, giving Invis Watch preference over Whooves' death rage, Vinyl's rages, Maud's rocks, Discord's friendly fire, Daring's lightning, goombas (when overhealed), and some others is perfectly fair.

Edited by sarysa

Alright if your guys cool with it then I am, bbuuttt Idk if you can say benefit from dead ringing consider any fire base hale does like 1 hit kill after getting hit, other words any fire base hale are extremely op for spys, also I retested spy take 1 hp when you get closer to it

Edited by Codenothing

I let them know over at allied modders. It's like this, Pinkie's, and Braeburn's R rage all require the same signatures to function.

KK. So for about a year now half of my music and sounds on the server has stopped working. Recently I thought it was a good idea to delete all the music. I thought "hey it'll just redownload it all" But NOPE. The sounds that were broken before works just fine now, but the sounds that where fine are now broken. ;~;

Is there a way to get all my musics back because I don't like the eerie silence of the rounds now

I remember I had this a while back. Try going to Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\sound and deleting your sound cache. I think that's how I managed to fix mine.

1 person likes this

Her melee bleed has always been hit or miss on everyone. It's not something that can be fixed, as it's a problem with how TF2 handles this particular mix of weapon attributes. That said, I'm certain it happens to Soldiers too...it's a blessing for Battalion's backup.

Her melee bleed has always been hit or miss on everyone. It's not something that can be fixed, as it's a problem with how TF2 handles this particular mix of weapon attributes. That said, I'm certain it happens to Soldiers too...it's a blessing for Battalion's backup.

HH got that problem fixed... sure it's some ways to get it fixed.

So i'm playing on Ponyville Texas and we are on dunes there is a small spot under the smaller spiral stare case and the only boss i've seen take out a sentry camp there was vinyl im just asken if an admin could look into it 

Was it Vinyl's R rage (plays an air guitar)? If it was, Vinyl's R goes through walls, that's intended according to sarysa.

SHHHHH, NOT MY SENTRY SPOT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It's doesn't matter too much, a good kite-a-neer Will a few good spots to cycle between with teleports once the hale finds them and begins to try to destroy the sentry.

Every hale has a means to get in there.

Oh, and Vinyl's rages going through walls is intentional. #1 it's sound and sound's funny that way, but #2 not going through walls you end up with Fausticorn's rage. You know, the one that misses sentries 30 hammer units away on MC village's rooftops, and other similar nonsense. I've only ever used env_explosion for Fluffle's rage because that can be detonated in the air and thus generally avoids the foolishness of large point explosions.

(technically also used for Thi's firebomb, but shh)

Edited by sarysa

Every hale has a means to get in there.

Oh, and Vinyl's rages going through walls is intentional. #1 it's sound and sound's funny that way, but #2 not going through walls you end up with Fausticorn's rage. You know, the one that misses sentries 30 hammer units away on MC village's rooftops, and other similar nonsense. I've only ever used env_explosion for Fluffle's rage because that can be detonated in the air and thus generally avoids the foolishness of large point explosions.

(technically also used for Thi's firebomb, but shh)

i saw at least 6 hales including lyra try and fail to get in there with not only a sentry but an air blasting pyro as well plus you have to crouch to get in its just to easy of a win to be fair

I've used the spot personally, and I'll have it say, it's incredibly cheap. You don't even need a sentry in there, just a widowmaker. The fact that the hale has to crouch to get in the spot makes it incredibly hard to get in there without any form of rage.