Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Bugs & Glitches

177 posts in this topic

I've used the spot personally, and I'll have it say, it's incredibly cheap. You don't even need a sentry in there, just a widowmaker. The fact that the hale has to crouch to get in the spot makes it incredibly hard to get in there without any form of rage.

So in short, it's just like those airvents in that metal gear solid map where it was taken out since all you need is to just to Widowmaker Engineer and just camp in that spot just to get last man crits....

1 person likes this

There is a spot where a engie can camp and have a pyro? Count me in to remove that map!

The pyros arent necessarily the problem, they just make it worse. It's literally impossible to get into this spot if theres a sentry, unless you rage. 

There is a spot where a engie can camp and have a pyro? Count me in to remove that map!

The pyros arent necessarily the problem, they just make it worse. It's literally impossible to get into this spot if theres a sentry, unless you rage. 

What about rages from teleport-based Hales like Twilight & Discord?

What about rages from teleport-based Hales like Twilight & Discord?

Tele bosses shouldn't have an issue getting in, but any super jump boss with have to rage 95% of the time.

Actually, i've managed to trap in a teleboss to his death just by having my teleporters set up.

That spot is WAY-TOO-BROKEN

• Before we start removing maps, perhaps it's time to rethink the widowmaker's design. If it alone is preventing a number of maps from being viable, blame the weapon not the maps. Frankly I've always seen it as one of those weapons that is situational mostly for soft exploits.

Telefrag traps exist in other maps as well, though they're very rare for us.

As for pyros, there's already a discussion for how to handle those. I like the continuously increasing airblast cost suggestion -- even a dispenser wouldn't be able to work around it. (and I could help code such a thing)

• Before we start removing maps, perhaps it's time to rethink the widowmaker's design. If it alone is preventing a number of maps from being viable, blame the weapon not the maps. Frankly I've always seen it as one of those weapons that is situational mostly for soft exploits.
  • Telefrag traps exist in other maps as well, though they're very rare for us.
  • As for pyros, there's already a discussion for how to handle those. I like the continuously increasing airblast cost suggestion -- even a dispenser wouldn't be able to work around it. (and I could help code such a thing)

I think the reason telefrag is not as useful as it is in other FF servers.

In other servers that use the normal  FF weapons changes, a engine can't kite by teleporting away and rebuilding there stuff fast. So they have to make all of there buildings count once at best, so telefrag-neer is a much more common play style as the moment the Hale comes for you, or finds you, they will kill you.

Not to mention a lot of FF bosses relies on a teleport  to get around some of the more giant maps so there chance of being telefragged is increased by a shit ton. 

Another reason it's more useful is, the activity of the server(s) I visit tend to get a few new people everyday, that don't know how to play hale, and telefragging them is easy. 

That's what I think.

I also Don't trust any of the guides as I been told they are all outdated.  So may I ask, what is the widowmaker's stats, and why is it good for soft exploits.

The reason teleport bosses rarely suffer telefrag traps here is because unlike other servers, bosses teleport above or to the side of the target. On normal FF2 servers, hale teleports inside of the target. This allows ramp teleporter traps to work against the hale...and most servers don't have rules against these:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270651224

I can't think of any map where this works on VSP, because the hale will just end up atop the engineer.

The widowmaker has a greatly increased rate of fire and effectively infinite ammo with no reload if you don't miss, which pretty much anywhere you have to crouch to get to a player, the engineer can just hold M1 and keep you back. That needs to change.

The reason teleport bosses rarely suffer telefrag traps here is because unlike other servers, bosses teleport above or to the side of the target. On normal FF2 servers, hale teleports inside of the target. This allows ramp teleporter traps to work against the hale...and most servers don't have rules against these:

I can't think of any map where this works on VSP, because the hale will just end up atop the engineer.

The widowmaker has a greatly increased rate of fire and effectively infinite ammo with no reload if you don't miss, which pretty much anywhere you have to crouch to get to a player, the engineer can just hold M1 and keep you back. That needs to change.

i agree with the widowmaker being to over powered and i'm not saying delete the map other then that there's nothing wrong with it maybe it could just be a rule to not sentry camp there

I wouldn't necessarily say this is just with the Widowmaker though. Sentries, Minigun Heavies, heck, even the Baby Face's Blaster can keep hales back if they need to crouch to get somewhere.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is just with the Widowmaker though. Sentries, Minigun Heavies, heck, even the Baby Face's Blaster can keep hales back if they need to crouch to get somewhere.

this is true but the widow maker has large radius and fast fire rate without worry of lossing ammo maybe it could have the thing like the short circuit that you cant collect ammo from dispensers while its out  i find that when i do use the short circuit it tends to run out quickly so its good that i cant get it from dispensers i would almost guarantee that id kill the hale 8/10 times if i could 

So I just got this weird glitch today that, whenever I stared in a single direction, my screen would turn like this and this.  Looking in the console, it was getting spammed with the errors here.  Please help :(

Edited by Hazard Time

Verify integrity of game cache?

This. They say "grab a programmer" but they really mean "hey Valve artist, ask one of your software engineer co-workers what's wrong". Corrupted game files like this indicate the file in your local cache is invalid.

I've noticed that, while Dalokohs Bar can be consumed in the fake water during a battle against Sea Pony, it cannot be consumed during Pipsqueak's rage.  I'm uncertain if this is an intended additional hindrance to the players, or if it's a simple oversight.

In addition, the boss music for Fluffle Puff and Pipsqueak both appear to be broken in some fashion—that is, one song will start playing before the one playing before it is finished.  In the case of Fluffle Puff, it always seems to be the rave/techno/what-have-you edition of PFUDOR that gets played over, but I'm not sure about Pipsqueak.  In either case, others has confirmed that they also hear the music playing over itself, so it's worth looking into.

Thanks for reminding me about the music. I'm resubmitting some configs with my code revamps and Fluffle + Pip are among them.

As for Pip Squeak's rage, that's what normal condition 82 looks like. People don't appreciate it right away but Sea Pony's water is very heavily modified to allow everything to work. It's not worth the effort to give Pip Squeak that kind of water so I don't.

edit: I've looked at Pip Squeak's and it seems fine to me. Double check this (the number is number of seconds) and tell me it's wrong?

"path1"    "vs_ponyville\pipsqueak\pipsqueak_theme1.mp3"
        "time1"    "195"
        "path2"    "vs_ponyville\pipsqueak\pipsqueak_theme2.mp3"
        "time2"    "192"
        "path3"    "vs_ponyville\pipsqueak\pipsqueak_theme4.mp3"
        "time3"    "90"
        "path4"    "vs_ponyville\pipsqueak\pipsqueak_theme5.mp3"
        "time4"    "230"

Edited by sarysa

Oook, where should I begin?

After Mega Pony has been released on EU server, many things got broken.

Demoman projectiles, dropped weapon, dropped metal, scout's baseball and braeburn's apple sentry goes through ANY wall. (Solved with Server Restart)

Rarity likes to disguise as all the enemy team at the same time and she doesn't drop the disguise.

Thi Billet Theme is missing.

Edited by Zero
1 person likes this

Rarity likes to disguise as all the enemy team at the same time and she doesn't drop the disguise.

Even though that the mercs are able to beat Rarity, with the fact that Rarity constantly disguises just ruins the theme and the purpose of the Hale.  The only benefit that the Hale gains is full-immunity of receiving knockback.  The downside?  The disguise kit sticks out more of a sore thumb than a random Spy in a Valve pub server.

Even though that the mercs are able to beat Rarity, with the fact that Rarity constantly disguises just ruins the theme and the purpose of the Hale.  The only benefit that the Hale gains is full-immunity of receiving knockback.  The downside?  The disguise kit sticks out more of a sore thumb than a random Spy in a Valve pub server.

Also, the constant disguising causes her speed to be recalculated at the Spy default, which is 300. Most hales range from 340-405.

This is my fault. When I was doing the code restructuring I forgot to test this one rage. I sent a fix last night.

Thi having a missing theme baffles me, though. I tested her thoroughly and this wasn't an issue.

edit: Just checked again, Thi's theme is fine. Really the only edit I made to her config file was to give her a G-rated replacement sound for Firebomb so there's a warning to players. Maybe it's a problem with your sound cache. I had this problem with Christian Brutal Sniper...one day The Millionaire's Holiday broke and I had to remove my sound cache to fix it.

Edited by sarysa

G-rated?  I know we've been avoiding as much as we can from being a 100% R-rated server, but since when was there a protocol of us going family-friendly?

Well the original quote was "Bring it on, motherfuckers." It got removed.

So I replaced it with "Uh, okay, perfectly normal..." It's for the excalibat in ROTT, not the firebomb, but meh.

Also, the constant disguising causes her speed to be recalculated at the Spy default, which is 300. Most hales range from 340-405.

This is my fault. When I was doing the code restructuring I forgot to test this one rage. I sent a fix last night.

Thi having a missing theme baffles me, though. I tested her thoroughly and this wasn't an issue.

edit: Just checked again, Thi's theme is fine. Really the only edit I made to her config file was to give her a G-rated replacement sound for Firebomb so there's a warning to players. Maybe it's a problem with your sound cache. I had this problem with Christian Brutal Sniper...one day The Millionaire's Holiday broke and I had to remove my sound cache to fix it.

Just took Thi after getting rid of the sound cache, still missing on EU

I'm not sure if these are currently being addressed but there seems to be two bugs with the new Fluttershy.

1. I'm not quite sure how this bug is caused but i think when Fluttershy uses her one of her rages it sometimes causes some weapons to break (eg heavy's minigun & snipers sniper rifle). From what i can tell it makes the weapons have unlimited ammo but the gun itself cannot hurt Fluttershy or her bear anymore even if your right next to her.                                                                                                                                                                
  2. There a bug where some people who became the bear minion will remain as that bear in the next round with all the bear's abilities and weapons (eg, high HP, only using Warrior's Spirit, etc...)
3 people like this