Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Bugs & Glitches

177 posts in this topic

As for Snowdrop...I've been aware for like a year. Just recently told Simple (while mentioning Emmy said the same) that it's a thing, though I'd mentioned it to either Raini or Simple before that I think. (or maybe I didn't, it was long ago) Reduction of particles is what I recommended. Either way, if I ever get to writing her RELOAD ability, I'll be sure to have the .cfg file have fewer particles.

I've only seen this on Volcanic as I can remember. Snowdrop always (maybe) crash for most players when being played. People mentioned there's been times Applejack caused most players to crash during the map. 

I suggest removal of Volcanic for this issue rather than going through most bosses to fix game crash for one map only. It's bad balanced map to hale as well so there are more reasons to keep it removed.

In other words, I agree that some of them needs reduction on particles and some of them completely overdone. Celestia who get footsteps, weapon particle, and then later on updating to have a sun aura around her waist. Too many particles, makes it the opposite of looking good regardless if it fits the character.

Edited by ThunderRunner

Stickies, pills, Braeburn's hay bales and whatnot are falling through the map again.

Heck, I even saw the golden bars of 2fort phase through the ground.

If living spectators are still a thing:

stock AssignTeam(client, TFTeam:team, desiredclass=1) // Move all this team switching stuff into a single stock{    if(!GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iDesiredPlayerClass")) // Initial living spectator check. A value of 0 means that no class is selected    {        SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iDesiredPlayerClass", TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)>=TFClass_Scout ? (_:TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)) : desiredclass); // So we assign one to prevent living spectators    }     SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_lifeState", 2);    TF2_ChangeClientTeam(client, team);    // SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_lifeState", 0); // Is this even needed? According to naydef, this is the other cause of living spectators.     TF2_RespawnPlayer(client);        if(GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iObserverMode") && IsPlayerAlive(client)) // If the initial checks fail, use brute-force.    {        TF2_SetPlayerClass(client, TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)>=TFClass_Scout ? (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)) : (TFClassType:desiredclass), _, true);        TF2_RespawnPlayer(client);    }}

The problem is caused when m_iDesiredPlayerClass is 0, followed by m_lifeState interfering with TF2_RespawnPlayer when it's set to 0, which causes m_iObserverMode to return a value that isn't 0.

In MakeBoss, change the "false" value on TF2_SetPlayerClass to:

!GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iDesiredPlayerClass") ? true : false

This will always make sure m_iDesiredPlayerClass has a value set, because when it's 0 or an invalid value, it is one of the main causes of living spectators.

This stock replaces this code found in MakeBoss, MakeNotBoss, and event_round_start:

SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_lifeState", 2);    TF2_ChangeClientTeam(client,OtherTeam);    SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_lifeState", 0);    TF2_RespawnPlayer(client);
Edited by shadow-koishi93

Hello! I would like to report that for some strange reason on vs ponyville servers it won't display some killstreak sheens that has the deadly daffodil, possibly mandarin and team shine, all the other sheens display properly, thought this might be a bug worth pointing out that I hope gets fixed 

Hello! I would like to report that for some strange reason on vs ponyville servers it won't display some killstreak sheens that has the deadly daffodil, possibly mandarin and team shine, all the other sheens display properly, thought this might be a bug worth pointing out that I hope gets fixed 

All the sheens work fine, just that some weapons they don't work at all. It's not any specific sheen that doesn't work.

Some weapons after getting modded enough, the strange counters and killstreaks don't work on them. Mediguns being one of the more obvious ones. It's not really fixable unless they want to remod all of the weapons from scratch again, and hope they don't break. It's not worth the time to fix it.

Some weapons after getting modded enough, the strange counters and killstreaks don't work on them. Mediguns being one of the more obvious ones. It's not really fixable unless they want to remod all of the weapons from scratch again, and hope they don't break. It's not worth the time to fix it.

That happens if any of the PvP stats has been removed for the specific weapons. That's the way of Valve to prevent cheap modded items to earn faster kills.

Edited by ThunderRunner

Apparently, Braeburn can get stuck in his own haybale. Not sure how it happened, but he spawned a bale right where he was standing, unabling him to move until the bale got destroyed.

Suffice it to say, he did not win that round.

Apparently, Braeburn can get stuck in his own haybale. Not sure how it happened, but he spawned a bale right where he was standing, unabling him to move until the bale got destroyed.

Something similar happens to Rainbow Dash. There's some occasions where she gets stuck in walls and doors when she's zooming through the map with her rage. Chances of getting out, even with a second flying rage are slim at best. Perhaps making a key teleport the hale to spawn at the cost of 1k hp and temporary stun (like falling off the map would do) might temporarily "fix" the issue.

2 people like this

Something similar happens to Rainbow Dash. There's some occasions where she gets stuck in walls and doors when she's zooming through the map with her rage. Chances of getting out, even with a second flying rage are slim at best. Perhaps making a key teleport the hale to spawn at the cost of 1k hp and temporary stun (like falling off the map would do) might temporarily "fix" the issue.

I'm surprised they still haven't fixed that. There's been plenty of improvements to this glitch in the FF2 updates to lessen the chance of getting stuck and maybe can't get stuck at all in the latest version.

I'm suggesting on finding a improved matrix attack version to reduce the chance of getting stuck or not at all.

Sometimes if someone takes a demoman slot while (when all demo slots have been filled) one of the demos is in the HHH form, once he returns to being a normal demo, the game will not let him and assign him to a random, unfilled class. Would be nice if that didn't happen.

Bug (I think, hope it isn't an exploit) for Dovashy: Massive arrow supply, screencap: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017447754/screenshot/398930471910132401(notice the little 63 in the bottem right corner)

A bit information on the round itself: I raged quite a bit (thanks to airblasts, raged 5-6 times I believe) because a friend didn't know her rage was nerfed, so I showed it to them. Didn't really use any arrows between rages for 3/4 of the round (also didn't pay attention to the ammo counter), but when I pulled out the crossbow at the end, I noticed I had 75 arrows in reserve.

I told the server I had so many arrows, and decided to use them for the lols (didn't saw anyone, didn't think arrows would hit anything.)

However, when I got to about 55 arrows left, the 2 last players suddenly both crashed, so I suppose that it's due to my arrowspam (wich I honestly didn't expect.)

Also, yes, I noticed Cheese Pone saying that is was an exploit, but I simply thought that is was a bug (never saw it before/heard someone talk about it) at the moment.

But, if this can really be reproduced...

Bug (I think, hope it isn't an exploit) for Dovashy: Massive arrow supply, screencap: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017447754/screenshot/398930471910132401(notice the little 63 in the bottem right corner)

A bit information on the round itself: I raged quite a bit (thanks to airblasts, raged 5-6 times I believe) because a friend didn't know her rage was nerfed, so I showed it to them. Didn't really use any arrows between rages for 3/4 of the round (also didn't pay attention to the ammo counter), but when I pulled out the crossbow at the end, I noticed I had 75 arrows in reserve.

I told the server I had so many arrows, and decided to use them for the lols (didn't saw anyone, didn't think arrows would hit anything.)

However, when I got to about 55 arrows left, the 2 last players suddenly both crashed, so I suppose that it's due to my arrowspam (wich I honestly didn't expect.)

Also, yes, I noticed Cheese Pone saying that is was an exploit, but I simply thought that is was a bug (never saw it before/heard someone talk about it) at the moment.

But, if this can really be reproduced...

k2johnleo was gracious to upload a video of that round here:

Gimpy and I have tried to reproduce this issue, but can't seem to. Val has said that before the update, the hale was easier to do this exploit with. I didn't know that was a thing, but apparently it was previously triggered by super jumping and then switching weapons. In the video it appears this was also the trigger, and we definetely know it happens, however the exact conditions to meet it are unknown currently, and not easily reproducable.

Edited by Disowned the Title Guy

Hello guys, there seems to be a small problem with the super jumping (not tested it with a teleport boss) on the EU server it says there's a 9000 second wait to use it making playing as the hale incredibly hard to reach high up players.

Sorry for the post I have just realized that playing as a teleport boss fixes this issue. 

Edited by RetroJames101

Hello guys, there seems to be a small problem with the super jumping (not tested it with a teleport boss) on the EU server it says there's a 9000 second wait to use it making playing as the hale incredibly hard to reach high up players.

Sorry for the post I have just realized that playing as a teleport boss fixes this issue. 

Have seen it happen on occasion. I think Braeburn is causing it, but not entirely sure. If you want a "Quick-Fix" to it, just have someone play a teleport hale.

Glitch alrert.

if a person becames boss at any VSP server, theres a glitch not to be the boss when the round starts and be a normal class character instead. if entering spectator at round start then if you wait untill the timer counts down and says "Two". Then enter blue team again and select the character the boss were set on. if the glitch were done the right way, you will, for an example, if you suppose to become Lyra, you will become a medic that have been given your own weapons selecten on your own medic, (if the glitch were done the right way) Kinda overpowered too.

Edited by Flamefull

So when Dr. Whooves loses a life, he leaves behind all those flaming particles. Totally intended!

But those particles completely block a medic from targeting someone for healing. Like, it's actually impossible to heal anyone around those particles. And now that he's a non-donator boss, he's gonna be around a lot more. It's pretty terrible.

Small bug what I found...

Well when you use Transparent Viewmodels its let you see through some screen stuff. Example : Pinkamena Rage , Pinkie Pie Rage and few others. Later ill Add screenshots. Sadly I don't have any of them to show atm

Another way to cheat it is by replacing the vtf textures used for the overlay with something transparent. It's how it works, unless the code is changed to force a "blind" (like the one used on RTD) status on the player. Luna's rage can be exploited too, to make it a bit less effective.

On 28.3.2016 at 6:10 PM, Agent Derpy Hooves said:

When I play as DJ Pon-3 on some maps, her R rage will not do the usual animation.

I've only seen that happen in the Eu server. (Japan might be the same)

When you rage as her, text displays "Current rage animation is broken, waiting for update" Something like that.

It's been lasting for very long now.

1 person likes this

I just played Lyra, and I found out a bug that she has...

If she already used her rage once, and then when rage meter is full again if weapon switch button is pressed she would have 75 ammo in her crossbow.

I wanted to point this out so that it gets fixed as soon as possible as it may break the fun on the EU server...

Dont know if USA server also has this bug, but still...

Fix it for the sake of the gameplay itself.

Thank you, Hai.

... and bai, im out

Still after over a year of this not being updated on the Eu server, DJ-Pon's guitar animation is still not playing. This was fixed in the US servers but when I see it on the Eu server, this is what happens.

2zthik4.jpg

Please fix.

1 person likes this