Scootz

How many?

How many?   26 members have voted

1. 1. How many?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I will say this now, IF 6vsRest wins I won't promise that it will happen the reason.. Balance wise balancing a hale like that will be ALMOST impossible so yeah... I made this vote just to see what people want and how I balance the final product.

Honestly, people gripe about the CMC as it is. Having a 6 person hale would be problematic for so many reasons. I was figuring you'd want to do a multiple lives thing.

(also, anyone who caught my post that only lasted for a minute or so, I'm probably wrong about that...unless it applies to older versions of FF2, which VSP is a fork of...probably in the 1.0.6-1.0.8 ballpark)

another edit, the reason I think 6 lives is better than 6vsAll is:

- The hales would need insanely low HP to compensate for the fact there's 6 of them. They'd probably be KGB food as well.

- Their rages would have to only execute once per life...tops.

- I don't know if FF2 can blacklist it automatically when populations are low. (more of a europe/japan server issue)

- It will be used for trolling. Would probably require the other 5 to lose no queue points whatsoever. (may require coding in areas that are off limits to me)

- Balance would be an utter nightmare. 6v6 versus 6v26 are unimaginably different.

Edited by sarysa
1 person likes this

The original plan was to have 1vsAll, just recently someone suggested 6vsRest. I can guarantee 1vAll will be much more interesting and scary.

1 person likes this

For me, I don't really like the fact that this hale crosses over into the lines of not being part of the show, and into the FNaF overrated fandom of a simple horror game with no real meaning. (It's just my opinion guys) Though, since there has been so much work into this hale then I see no reason why it shouldn't. However, it's balancing should be done very well, or it might become a overpowered hale that everyone would hate. Let me throw out my idea for this hale so maybe it can help the developers, but I mean hey if it can't be done I am sorry. I just want to help with this hale slightly.

-Hale Abilities

• Boss consists of 6 different ones/models
  • 1st hale comes out as say pinky
  • When hales loses life, hale dies and from dead on red team spouts another hale
  • Goes on until all hales are dead
  • After Pinkie, every hale is random and has different abilities allowing some spice to the game
  • Every hale has different stats and abilities with super mini rages

Maybe my idea is bad, or impossible to code, but I still think it's a start to it all. '~'

Animatronics are comming out in this order

FoxyDash

ChicaShy

BonTwi

GoldenJack

Rarionette

and then Pinkie Fazpony

and they have mini rages too but not going to spoil many things

(Rarionette chooses someone by random to "wind up the music box)

For me, I don't really like the fact that this hale crosses over into the lines of not being part of the show, and into the FNaF overrated fandom of a simple horror game with no real meaning.

4 people like this

For me, I don't really like the fact that this hale crosses over into the lines of not being part of the show, and into the FNaF overrated fandom of a simple horror game with no real meaning.

Actually, the game does have a story. No, I'm not one of those rabid fans. I just like watching youtube vids of people crapping their pants playing it. But if you look up gametheorist on youtube, it explains the story. While he claims it is just a theory, others have made the connection. I won't bother to explain it here because it'll take too long.

1 person likes this

Actually, the game does have a story. No, I'm not one of those rabid fans. I just like watching youtube vids of people crapping their pants playing it. But if you look up gametheorist on youtube, it explains the story. While he claims it is just a theory, others have made the connection. I won't bother to explain it here because it'll take too long.

FNaF is like every other generic horror game out there. Spooks you for way to much money, and you only play for 4 hours tops. Story line is bland, and nothing really cool in it, nor is the game scary in itself since it relies on jump scares to scare people. I mean the graphics look like something out of a 2004 click and play game. If you want a truly good plot, mentally scarring game then play Amnesia. Game messes with your simple common human emotions for fear, you can't fight back, story line is well put out, you can mod the game, and your not stuck in a office with weird robots that for no reason want to stuff a abused minimum wage worker in a giant suit forcefully. And trust me, I bought Amnesia and I can't play that scary ass crap for even 10 minutes without wanting to douse my computer in kerosene and throw a match onto it.

Heh, I don't get FNaF at all...or the horror genre in general. The problem with the horror genre is I just automatically lift up a shield when I play such games (i.e. Silent Hill) which keeps it from really working on me at all. I think horror is best kept as an aspect of games in other genres...the player shouldn't see it coming.

That said, FNaF is oddly popular and FNaP got Simple's stamp of approval, so I will back it up with code when the time comes.

Holy Bird Pope, I'm not talking about the game play, I'm talking about the story. Do you even know the story? =/

The whole 'part of the show' thing isn't an accurate position anymore. There can be many derivatives that are more interesting to play against/as that fit being an FF2 pone hale. If we stuck with just show characters, or frankly, characters /you/ like, there wouldn't be much room for progression, and I can guarantee you that the model and code quality progression so far has been ridiculously good.

That said, I really wish this thread was a showing of the progress so far.

FNaF is like every other generic horror game out there. Spooks you for way to much money, and you only play for 4 hours tops. Story line is bland, and nothing really cool in it, nor is the game scary in itself since it relies on jump scares to scare people. I mean the graphics look like something out of a 2004 click and play game. If you want a truly good plot, mentally scarring game then play Amnesia. Game messes with your simple common human emotions for fear, you can't fight back, story line is well put out, you can mod the game, and your not stuck in a office with weird robots that for no reason want to stuff a abused minimum wage worker in a giant suit forcefully. And trust me, I bought Amnesia and I can't play that scary ass crap for even 10 minutes without wanting to douse my computer in kerosene and throw a match onto it.

Just to save up some time, this is the video Zari Puff mentioned earlier in the thread about Five Night's Lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kw1RmzrPc

Its none of this is OFFICIALY told in the game by any one because its all hidden. The reason why it became popular was because it didnt much rely too much on the jumpscares, but rather the paranoia of the dangers surrunding you at all sides with you having little to protect your self with.

Edited by Spooky

Personally, I think making a hale based off of the game is kind of missing the point—since, really, the only interesting thing Five Nights did was make the player a stationary fixture, which means the primal "run" instinct is no longer a possibility.  Of course, in a game like TF2, you're all very able-bodied mercenaries with varying degrees of mobility, but every class can escape from the hale in some way or another (Unless you cash in on a ton of Scare Radius abilities, and that would be cheap as heck).

Aside from not seeing the appeal (That's a personal thing), I don't think it would be very thematically appropriate at all.  But it seems I'm far too late for that now.

1 person likes this

I'll tell you a bit about the idea behind this boss.

First boss starts as Rainbow dash, she'll have her own abilities, not just a reskin. The boss has 6 lives, each time they die, they change to another animatronic, Fluttershy, also with her own abilities, and so it goes. The idea isn't exactly just scare people, that would be too boring. Think of it more as a transformation boss.

Remember that on FNaF you have to survive for 6 hours? Well, keep that in mind.

And here, one special feature they'll have that I recently learned how to make. Her eyes are still kinda derping around, I might end up not using eye movement for them.

2 people like this

Here's how the model looks like as...well, a boss. Here eyes are still a bit buggy, from some angles each eye simply split and do some weird stuff. At least I have a better notion now about how they work. Sorry for the lags and stuttering, can't do much with a HD Graphics 4k.

If there's a way to make them appear consecutively (as in, only one alive at a time with 1/6th of normal boss hp, but 6 bosses in total) that would probably be the best solution.

And I don't understand the animosity towards this boss. I mean we have a pony based on Judge Dredd and a pony based on Rise of the Triads. This is just another game, and whether you personally find the game good or not, it got sufficiently popular for everyone to know what it is. If there is a significant amount of people who will enjoy playing as those characters, why not make them?

I'm not going to enjoy this. I don't want to disconnect if this round starts and then wait another 5 minutes just to reconnect before discovering that someone decides to play this Hale again, just for me to repeat this cycle all over again.  That's all I have to say.