xQuote

Banned for nothing

9 posts in this topic

Dear Ponyville staff,

I decided to go on the server and play some Saxton Hale mod. Only to remember i had been banned about a year ago for being in ABB groups simply to see what they said about bronies or if they actually tried to do anything remotely hate related. I went on the server and *poof* I was banned. I have appealed for my ban once before on the day i was initially banned and im pretty sure no one saw it.

I ask if I can be unbanned. I am willing to leave the groups because none of them are active anymore if need be. Thank you for your time.

We routinely run a process that automatically aggregates the members of specific groups on Steam and bans them. This keeps many trolls and brony-haters off the servers, but it can sometimes result in innocent bans like yours. I would recommend never joining any kind of hate group like this in the future if you do not want to be caught by one of these processes on our servers or any other server for that matter.

That being said, I would be happy to remove your ban. Please provide your SteamID and I will take care of it for you.

Raini, getting banned just because the player is part of The Twilight Empire group is honestly really not fair to a lot of players. I understand the anti-brony groups being auto-banned and I understand this is probably a security measure to stop all the Ddos-ing. The Twilight Empire isn't just another pony vsh server it has stuff like deathrun, slender fortress, zombie fortress and everything and players might just be in the group to monitor updates to the server. I got banned for just being part of the Twilight Empire and that's exactly what I do with the membership is check the server updates that's it nothing else. I would like to be able to play without having to leave one of my closest friend's group, so I plead you to get rid of the banning just for being on the Twilight Empire or at least let me be able to play since VS Ponyville is one of my favourite servers. And don't edit my post taking the name out

Edited by Lacunae

We routinely run a process that automatically aggregates the members of specific groups on Steam and bans them. This keeps many trolls and brony-haters off the servers, but it can sometimes result in innocent bans like yours. I would recommend never joining any kind of hate group like this in the future if you do not want to be caught by one of these processes on our servers or any other server for that matter.

That being said, I would be happy to remove your ban. Please provide your SteamID and I will take care of it for you.

If i am correct my steam id is as follows: STEAM_0:0:59639994

Thank you. But i re-ask if i need to leave the groups or if I can stay in them. 

But i re-ask if i need to leave the groups or if I can stay in them.

You'll have to leave the group, your ban was triggered automatically because of the group, joining the servers again with that group on your steam profile will automatically trigger another automatic ban.

This is just an easy way to avoid trolls and anti-bronies coming to the servers to cause problems. If someone is in an anti-brony group, most likely they hate bronies, if someone who hate bronies is joining in a brony servers, most likely they aren't there for good deeds.

Raini, getting banned just because the player is part of The Twilight Empire group is honestly really not fair to a lot of players. I understand the anti-brony groups being auto-banned and I understand this is probably a security measure to stop all the Ddos-ing. The Twilight Empire isn't just another pony vsh server it has stuff like deathrun, slender fortress, zombie fortress and everything and players might just be in the group to monitor updates to the server. I got banned for just being part of the Twilight Empire and that's exactly what I do with the membership is check the server updates that's it nothing else. I would like to be able to play without having to leave one of my closest friend's group, so I plead you to get rid of the banning just for being on the Twilight Empire or at least let me be able to play since VS Ponyville is one of my favourite servers. And don't edit my post taking the name out

There is a reason why we have that in place, if you would just look her you will know why the Twilight  Empire players get banned:

http://forum.ponyville.net/topic/7309-temporary-bans-based-on-steam-group/

(Btw the website automaticly changes the name of The Twilight  Empire into thieves)

Edited by General Scootz

If i am correct my steam id is as follows: STEAM_0:0:59639994

Thank you. But i re-ask if i need to leave the groups or if I can stay in them. 

I have unbanned you. I would suggest leaving any anti-brony groups if you are still in them or else you could find yourself permanently banned again. We periodically issue permanent bans based on anti-brony groups of this nature because the 99% are trolls who deserve the bans and the innocent 1% like yourself can easily be unbanned following an appeal.