Koekelbag

Steam-guide for VSP?

12 posts in this topic

So... well, why not? 

I've been poking around a bit, and so far I've only found 2 guides regarding VSP (link here): one only describing the main six , and another one only telling the IP-adresses of the servers.
And... well, we can do better than that, no?

So, to (hopefully) spark another thread, I suggest that any information you want to see (or not see) in a guide about VSP is to be collected on this thread, regarding:
-Weapon stats. (We still need medic-sniper-spy stats pls)
-Description of hales, and strategies to play both with and against them. (How the frig do you use the bind abilty as molestia/kinkie pie?)
-General strategies for any class. (Is the rocket jumper ever a viable weapon?)

So... basically, I want to make an (encyclopedia) extensive guide on VSP, and I hope everyone reading this would add his/her own bit.

You do realize that there's already a thread going for making a wiki of Vs. Ponyville, right?

Really? Where?

Edited by Furor

Why isn't the wiki up yet so we can edit it directly?

In all honesty, the whole wiki of it was probably meant to be a collaborative project made by us and (hopefully) edit them later as needed.  Somehow, that initiative was lost down the road and has yet to enter the page & site/sub-thread creation part.

*But that's my perspective of it.

Edited by The_Mr_Kumar

I had plans a long time ago to do a GIANT guide to every hale, player class strategy, and spell book guide, but I got lazy. Should I actually do one then since I don't mind really.

The hardest part of setting up a wiki is finding the place to put it. It's a lot of back-end, and I don't know if our superadmins' are willing to host it here. If not, we could try out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_hosting_services

I don't think we're willing to shove money at this for external hosting, but if necessary the cheapest would probably be setting up the wiki manually on a bare web-server that has atleast PHP 5.3.2+  and MySQL 5.0.2+ . 

An alternative would be finding a framework that is more for just information, rather than allowing users to suggest edits and improvements and such.

http://www.wikia.com/Wikia Is a better site for this sort of content, which is what I was expecting them (us?) to use. 

You can look up wikis for various games (Binding of Isaac or FNaF for example) and they'll have a wikia up. You can see the setup for an example. BoI is much more extensive however, which is why I used it as an example.

Edited by Zari Puff

http://www.wikia.com/Wikia Is a better site for this sort of content, which is what I was expecting them (us?) to use. 

You can look up wikis for various games (Binding of Isaac or FNaF for example) and they'll have a wikia up. You can see the setup for an example. BoI is much more extensive however, which is why I used it as an example.

This looks like a much better solution. 20/10, I'l be adding this site to my list of things.

I would have set up a quick test and seen how we can progress from there, but apparently my Gmail has been broken all day.

This looks like a much better solution. 20/10, I'l be adding this site to my list of things.

I would have set up a quick test and seen how we can progress from there, but apparently my Gmail has been broken all day.

If you have issues with Gmail, perhaps I can be of some use to you. I have a lot of free time.