Zari Puff

VSP Wikia

81 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm putting it out there, and hopefully Raini won't kill me for doing this.

I'm making a wikia for VSP. My first goal is to get the weapon stats for each of the classes. If you guys want to help out, please get me screenshots of weapons. Festives and reskins included. I will be updating this list as I get screenshots. Please do not put the screenshots directly here. Use an image site like photobucket, imgur, or dropbox will work too.

Edit: I realize there was a screenshot mission a little while back, but I don't know which of the weapons have been tweaked with since then, and I am all kinds of OCD.

~~~~~

Scout

Soldier

Pyro

Demoman

Heavy

Engineer

Medic

Sniper

Spy

Edited by Zari Puff

Didn't Disowned already start a website

Not just that, I would recommend starting with Bosses.

I reserved the vsp.wikia.com domain for whoever wants to add things to it. I'm wanting to do more of the back-end configuration so everyone else can easily add in content without it being a garbled mess of randomness. If anyone has experience with wikia, or is willing to spend the hours of time researching wikia templating and other good wiki's, I'l add you to the admin editor user list.

I was going to mention it a earlier, but got caught up in my projects and forgot it existed until now. I'l be putting more time into this.

I'll get the Weapon stats in as much as I can.  However asking each of the community members to use different weapons is gonna be like pulling teeth.

I reserved the vsp.wikia.com domain for whoever wants to add things to it. I'm wanting to do more of the back-end configuration so everyone else can easily add in content without it being a garbled mess of randomness. If anyone has experience with wikia, or is willing to spend the hours of time researching wikia templating and other good wiki's, I'l add you to the admin editor user list.

I was going to mention it a earlier, but got caught up in my projects and forgot it existed until now. I'l be putting more time into this.

So, I've been fighting with learning how to place pages for nothing?

I feel like punting you so hard right now. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME.

Can we have an entire page dedicated to Scootz? :o

Edit: Scootz is my favorite cereal....

Edited by Tavia

Was a bit difficult to get started with. I've figured out more now, but I wasn't very confident in being able to style it all at first. Slowly I'm adding some really cool custom stuff along with stylizing it. http://vsp.wikia.com/wiki/Hales

If anyone wants to help out and add information or whatever, please add me on steam and send me a PM. You will need to give me your wiki account name so I can add you to the list of editors.

Currently this is going to be a bit jurry rigged until we get enough information and time put into it.

Was a bit difficult to get started with. I've figured out more now, but I wasn't very confident in being able to style it all at first. Slowly I'm adding some really cool custom stuff along with stylizing it. http://vsp.wikia.com/wiki/Hales

If anyone wants to help out and add information or whatever, please add me on steam and send me a PM. You will need to give me your wiki account name so I can add you to the list of editors.

Currently this is going to be a bit jurry rigged until we get enough information and time put into it.

I can see lots of potential from this wiki, especially that 3D model viewer if we can do that for all the Hales.

If you need someone to help you with the wiki I'm willing to help edit and research all the info we need for the different hales/weapons/spells.

Yep, and Disowned found sketchfab, a simple model viewer that works even on mobile devices, and our first test model is Thi Billet

https://skfb.ly/COxC

It's gonna take a while to put all of them on sketchfab (specially because of permission issues), but once it's all done it's gonna look beautiful.

Yep, and Disowned found sketchfab, a simple model viewer that works even on mobile devices, and our first test model is Thi Billet

It's gonna take a while to put all of them on sketchfab (specially because of permission issues), but once it's all done it's gonna look beautiful.

Be quite unique as well, haven't seen anything like this done on the wikia's i've been on so it will make things very intresting when we get this ball rolling

1 person likes this

I want a section strictly for screenshots. Because you know people have a ton of screenshots of silly happenings of VSP.

1 person likes this

Be quite unique as well, haven't seen anything like this done on the wikia's i've been on so it will make things very intresting when we get this ball rolling

The issue is that using Iframes within wikia templates dont work due to restrictions. However, you can use the <verbatim></verbatim> tags to use it, but it requires making a custom infobox for every hale. It isn't very difficult though, and there will be a guide on the infobox put up once I finish it. In the end this will allow us to customize each hale page if we wanted to as well.

Added: http://vsp.wikia.com/wiki/Screenshots Change as you see fit. Just put in an example.

Added Admin: Zero

Edited by Disowned and Damaged. Inc

Added Mr. Kumar and Fearrachshi as admins, waitin on zari senpai to send me her username.

-This post is really big, so if you quote it in a response, please remove the content you're not quoting. This goes for any other post, as we don't want this thread to get unnecessarily big.

So Far (2 Days):

Zero is working on getting Hale stats, along with verifying them on server.

Zari is working on getting stats for player weapons and making sure they are up to date.

Fearrachshi may be working on styling and adding navigational functionality for the weapons and other pages.

- Added a semi-styled 'VSPonyville' Logo. Font is 'Black Ops One Regular'

- Top Icon Navigation menu added, will allow for users to navigate to important pages easily. Still needs Icons for 'Hales', 'Item Modification' and 'Maps' pages. Perhaps other pages as well.

jGfBgB9.jpg

-Added a hale navigation menu, along with hover text and CSS transitions. Needs refinement.

Y6GjGfB.jpg

No Name has taken it upon himself to convert what models he can to Sketchfab, and has given some great insight that has influenced my ideas on how to streamline the wikia content. 

- First Revision of 3D Infobox added to http://vsp.wikia.com/wiki/Thi_Billet. Needs refinement before wide-use.

nY2Fgut.jpg

Created a starter design to display weapon stats.

sY2qVCd.jpg

Waitwaitwaitwait, so you're telling me its pronounced THIGH? Everything I thought I knew was a lie. Anyways I could probably help with weapon stats if you need any help with it.

One of the things I would like to do is commission someone to create integration with VSP and the site for stats. The attributes change all the time due to balancing and it is too much to always try to manually keep up to date. It would be so much easier if there was an automated way to generate those stats and have them display on the site. I'm using available funds right now to commission work on a different project right now for Ponyville California though, so that will have to wait.

What you all have created so far though looks very impressive!

One of the things I would like to do is commission someone to create integration with VSP and the site for stats. The attributes change all the time due to balancing and it is too much to always try to manually keep up to date. It would be so much easier if there was an automated way to generate those stats and have them display on the site. I'm using available funds right now to commission work on a different project right now for Ponyville California though, so that will have to wait.

What you all have created so far though looks very impressive!

I have some experience with cross-domain data retrieval in PHP. I've been looking for another project to try, so I'l look into if this is securely feasible with an implementation of that and my current skill set. There may be a better way to do it, so I'l see if I can figure that out, seeing as how it's on wait anyways.

I mean, if you ever need to know stats on hales I am here to help lol. I have remembered most of the hales states heh.

Would be nice to have the stats of the hales, may I add you on steam?

I want a section strictly for screenshots. Because you know people have a ton of screenshots of silly happenings of VSP.

Trying to figure a better way to deal with the screenshots cause all on one page would be quite a mess! 

Small little update, im just making all the pages and linking them together via a nav box at the bottom like you see on other wikia pages, i will be cleaning it up later, just trying to lay a little ground work so that if a page is made and we dont know then it gets really messy