Zari Puff

VSP Wikia

81 posts in this topic

I started work on the Navboxes for the different pages and i just realized that we didnt have a plan for the duo/triple hales. For those pages, do you guys want BOTH Hales to be on one page or they each get their own separate page? Would make the Navbox easier for me to format.

The wikia should try to focus on hales as they appear in-game. I've been thinking on how to combine the hales into one page and have tested out some ideas on it, but nothing solid yet. It may make sense to have a seperate page for each, while adding a navigation element that indicates and allows for you to go to the other hales in the group. For the navbox, you could somehow indicate a coorelation between grouped hales, such as if you do:

"Twilight | Applejack | Shining Armor - Princess Cadence | Megapony

This is probably a stupid question but should I continue making gameplay footage of bosses or should I just stop until I can do Demo's of them too?

This is probably a stupid question but should I continue making gameplay footage of bosses or should I just stop until I can do Demo's of them too?

The video that I mainly care about is gameplay. It's nice to show off the hales in-depth with target dummies and such, but I'd rather that people be able to see how a person plays a hale to its abilities. You don't even have to explain, just have a nice quality recording of destroying a full server of players or somewhere near that, and preferably winning. What I visualize is that people will be able to go to the wiki looking for information on how to play hales, and real gameplay is a pretty good demonstration of that.

Steel: "Yo people, I'm going to record this round to post on the wiki, so go easy on me, I wanna record a victory."

RED: "KGB RUUUUUUUUUSH!!!"

Steel: "...F**k."

Edited by No Name
3 people like this

I could do recordings but I mean, it would be slightly laggy heh.

That's appreciated scootz but i can take care of it.. Though i will hold off on some hales until Simple does this overhaul in case there are some major changes.

The video that I mainly care about is gameplay. It's nice to show off the hales in-depth with target dummies and such, but I'd rather that people be able to see how a person plays a hale to its abilities. You don't even have to explain, just have a nice quality recording of destroying a full server of players or somewhere near that, and preferably winning. What I visualize is that people will be able to go to the wiki looking for information on how to play hales, and real gameplay is a pretty good demonstration of that.

Sorry for the double post im a dumb****...Then i will continue making game play footage but for some hales i will do as i said in the above post.BTW did you notice ghost pyro at 2:21?

Edit: I have done 2 more gameplay videos and here is the first one..Second one would have been up soon but the upload decided not to work..i'll try again later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3po5eTU1-pU

Edited by Steel Crescent♥SeaPony

Just to keep track on my work before i messup with videos

Hale's Pages Update:

Complete

Megapony

Incomplete

Applejack (Video & Page Layout)

Pinkie Pie (Battle Strategies)

DJ Pon-3 (Battle Strategies)

Fluffle Puff (Page)

Lyra (Page)

Pinkamena (Page)

Sea Pony (Page)

Thy Billet (Page)

Edited by Zero

Just to keep track on my work before i messup with videos

DJ Pon-3 (Battle Strategies)

If you wanted to Zero i could take the bosses for multiple runs so i could find out what is the best strategies for each boss :)

Well i pretty much finished up the Lyra page and with Chaos Fantazy's help he did some finishing touch ups to the things i did.. all we need is the Battle VS Lyra  and that 3-D model at the top and she's done. Can someone help me with the Battle VS since i never actually fight Lyra so we can finish up her page?

Edited by Steel Crescent

Hale's Pages Update:

Complete

Megapony

Lyra 

Pip Squeak

DJ Pon-3

Incomplete

Words into (brackets) are the missing parts 

Applejack (Video & Page Layout)

Fluffle Puff (Page)

Pinkamena (Page)

Sea Pony (Page)

Thy Billet (Page)

Edited by Zero

I fancied up the Scout's primaries on his weapons page using the Item Modifications page as a base. Does it look ok?

Also, what should be done about weapons that have no stats(ie. pan)? Should they even be on the page?

Edited by Colgate❄

When I get over being sick, I was going to list them as having no positive or negative attribute.

And what you did to the scout page, that's exactly what I wanted, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Thank you~

Edited by Zari Puff
1 person likes this

Great! So I'll just put in raw data and let you do the rest! That helps me out a lot! I'm revved up now!

TEAM COLGATE AND ZARI!

I fancied up the Scout's primaries on his weapons page using the Item Modifications page as a base. Does it look ok?

Also, what should be done about weapons that have no stats(ie. pan)? Should they even be on the page?

Very very nice job. I added a ' min-height:375px; ' to the each table, along with increasing the width of the stat boxes to 330px to fit in more text and give each weapon its own space. You're free to modify and experiment as you want.

I think Scout is basically done. Any chance the server command !scout can be changed to take you to the wiki page instead of the forum page now?

Also SOMEONE *cough* totally not Zari *cough* needs to get the soldier stats in :P

You should get that cough looked at.

And I'll try to get it done within the next couple of days. >>;

So you guys probably know that I've been working on this wiki on-and-off for a while now.  I love comprehensive, user-written databases because they divert a large base of work and they're easy to keep up to date, but I do have a few concerns to voice.

For one, how specific are we going to get with the descriptions of the Boss' rages—that is, are they simply meant to be cursory explanations, or are we going to get so specific that we start mentioning the hammer-unit range of certain things?  I've been writing the rages in everyday language, but if we're going to be more specific, I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

I also note that the boss pages as they are don't talk about any miscellaneous abilities the boss possesses (Super Jump, Neigh-Down, Teleport, etc.).  It hasn't come into play yet, since a boss with Teleport hasn't even been written out, but it needs to be noted and added to the page somewhere.

Finally, we should probably establish some consistent template to use for every Hale page, as I've noticed a few discrepancies between them.

EDIT:  Oh, yes...and when the current VSP roster is finished, could we add the discontinued Hales?  I think it'd make the database seem more complete and authoritative, and also serve as a nice reference for the newer players who weren't around to see them (Like myself).

Edited by CHAOS_FANTAZY

There's a video I made a while ago (and set it to unlisted, since basically I just wanted to show a friend the old bosses), some of them might be wrong though, since I made it much later after the vsp/tte split.

Also worth noting the Twixie duo was my favourite because of Unfinished Battle and the glitch where if both of them raged at the same time both were instakilled.

2 people like this

So you guys probably know that I've been working on this wiki on-and-off for a while now.  I love comprehensive, user-written databases because they divert a large base of work and they're easy to keep up to date, but I do have a few concerns to voice.

For one, how specific are we going to get with the descriptions of the Boss' rages—that is, are they simply meant to be cursory explanations, or are we going to get so specific that we start mentioning the hammer-unit range of certain things?  I've been writing the rages in everyday language, but if we're going to be more specific, I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

I also note that the boss pages as they are don't talk about any miscellaneous abilities the boss possesses (Super Jump, Neigh-Down, Teleport, etc.).  It hasn't come into play yet, since a boss with Teleport hasn't even been written out, but it needs to be noted and added to the page somewhere.

Finally, we should probably establish some consistent template to use for every Hale page, as I've noticed a few discrepancies between them.

EDIT:  Oh, yes...and when the current VSP roster is finished, could we add the discontinued Hales?  I think it'd make the database seem more complete and authoritative, and also serve as a nice reference for the newer players who weren't around to see them (Like myself).

About the Misc Abilities i was thinking to make a mage that explain each command to keep the boss pages more clear and focused to their specific abilities.

About the template, could you please tell me where the discrepancies are?

Would be easier to find out a fix for it

There's a video I made a while ago (and set it to unlisted, since basically I just wanted to show a friend the old bosses), some of them might be wrong though, since I made it much later after the vsp/tte split.

Also worth noting the Twixie duo was my favourite because of Unfinished Battle and the glitch where if both of them raged at the same time both were instakilled.

If I can explain more on those Hales:

It's worth noting that yes those rages all relied upon plugins and half of them were created to appeal to Dashy's friends who also instantly received administrator position simply just because.

• Appledoom: Because the rage wasn't properly coded in and was meant as a "fuck you" or "you've enraged me" type of Hale, Genshi would type into console the command to display this image just when he feels that the HP reached a point to where a rage was necessary.  And it was actually possible to put a Sapper onto the infinite-range Level-1 sentry, but this was changed so that all players must suffer with this Hale.
  • Dinky Do/Ruby Flute: I mention the second name because again, this was done to appeal to Dinky's "personal" friend (quite frankly, she was the one who wore the pants in their relationship).  Their rages were that everyone was shrunk down to the size models we see in Surprise Pie's rage, but their speed was dramatically increased (faster than Scout's maximum speed with the Baby Face's Blaster).  Was it hilarious as hell?  You bet.  Could there be anything that could go wrong with this Hale?  Oh yes.  There was a good chance that upon the end of the rage duration, the players will become stuck once they reach their normal size all because they clipped through a section of the floor or natural environment (i.e. boulders or trees) and they cannot move unless they were either killed, suicide (either by console or admin command), or if the Hale raged again.
  • Vinyl Mix: It's either me or I thought that this Hale used the Original rather than the Direct Hit.  Either way, this Hale was created to appeal another friend of Dinky.

There were also other Hales that were used under the Dinky Administration that you didn't mention in this video:

• Trollestia: I never got a chance to see of what this Hale looked like, but upon rage, all the mercs changed to the BLU team and thus ended the round.
  • Lauren Faust: The embodiment of pure fear; the ace-in-the-hole to put everyone on the server in their respective spot in the pecking order and used (mainly) by Genshi or other admins just for their own amusement.  This Hale always had 150,000+ HP, and upon rage, ALL of the rages used by the Hales back then were used.  The only way you can survive this is if you're either hugged by 3 Medics, near 2 Level-3 Dispensers (not recommended), or if you're on top of a Medium-Large Health Kit that's on a map.
  • Mane 6: Exactly of what it means.  6 of the Mane characters except for the HP of the Hales split evenly to 6 depending on how many people were connected to the server.

Although of the Hales that were presented on the video, the one I missed the most is The Great Trixie/All-Powerful Twilight.  If anything the second song used for them was incredible.  Not only does it capture the glorious image of these two ponies, but also gives you the feeling of intimidation/a force not to be reckoned with unless you know how to play your class right and work as a team to beat this duo-Hale boss.

And here you can understand why I do not any bosses that were created to appeal to personal friends.  Or a Hale that involves 6-based entities.

*COUGH COUGH*HINT HINT*COUGH COUGH*