rainbowdashie200

why do some people who are part of a fandom marry cartoon characters

4 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever heard of anyone marrying a cartoon character?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

I just read something about this guy who married twilight sparkle. He wrote a letter to a artist who kept drawing inappropriate pics of twilight. He said how he doesn't want anyone drawing pictures of his fiance that way. Does the law really allow people to marry cartoon characters? Also it isn't just the brony fandom it is also going on in other fandoms like sonic and stuff. Have you ever heard of anyone marrying a cartoon character?

Unless I'm mistaken, both parties must consent to the marriage. Seeing as how an inanimate object cannot consent, they cannot legally be 'married'. Finding legitimate legal content through a google search is pretty difficult, would probably be a better answer on reddit or something.

1 person likes this

If this whole thing took place on deviantart, then there's your answer right there.  If you think tumblr's bad, deviantart is filled with emotionally compromised tweens and young adults.  More than likely, the person in question is delusional and needs some serious therapy to help them realize that these characters are fictional and do not exist.  As Disowned said above, you cannot marry something that cannot give consent, so this guy you mentioned is off his rocker and needs to go outside.

please give links to said nsfw artist tyvm

1 person likes this

To be honest, that has been the only time so far I've heard someone marrying a cartoon pony, and even then it was only because it was a response to people sending Kevinsano R34-Twilight artwork...

Maybe you should add more poll options, like once, twice, more...

Edited by Koekelbag
1 person likes this

Is this a honest thread I can honestly give my opinion to when they say "This pony is my waifu" Oh thank god I've always wanted to say something about this.

Honestly, I feel that when people say "this pony is my waifu" is really stupid and it makes them look very childish. Hell, I would use more harsh terms if this wasn't the forums.

Saying you are a inanimate objects husband/ boyfriend or lover is really just, WHY?! What are you doing with your life?!

1 person likes this

It WAS on deviantart.  I rest my case.

Is this a honest thread I can honestly give my opinion to when they say "This pony is my waifu" Oh thank god I've always wanted to say something about this.

Honestly, I feel that when people say "this pony is my waifu" is really stupid and it makes them look very childish. Hell, I would use more harsh terms if this wasn't the forums.

Saying you are a inanimate objects husband/ boyfriend or lover is really just, WHY?! What are you doing with your life?!

Depends on what you mean by the use of "waifu".  If you're talking about people who use "waifu" in the literal sense in that they treat these fictional characters as if they were their actual wives, then yes, that's stupid and delusional.

1 person likes this

oh hey an old thread

Characters can be attractive but I'd never legitimately marry one.

Edited by Cha