Piklz419

[DENIED] Vinylbat Unban Appeal

11 posts in this topic

Username: Vinylbat Scratch

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41559205

Ponyville Server: Dallas Texas #1 (i think, it's been some time sorry)

Transgression: Harassing comments and starting drama

Hi, i went to create an appeal on the bans.ponyville.net website, and it said that my ID already had an appeal pending. I'm sure that means my old appeal hadn't been reviewed even if the page states "within 24 hour reply" when it was created some time ago? Anyways, ill just copy and paste what i put there into here. Hopefully no issues with that.  :lol:

Hello, i was banned on 11-13-14 19:31 for harassing comments and creating drama. At the time my username was Vinylbat Scratch. Some time has passed now and it would be appreciated if to whoever this may concern, to look over my ban appeal. I would like to prove to the staff members of Ponyville.net that i will follow the rules and wont be a nuisance to the community. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take your time into this appeal and i would welcome a reply email. Thank you.

Could admins please email a reply to pickle00106@hotmail.com.au

And please, dont send spam if you aren't a staff member. Cheers.

Edited by Piklz419

The issue with the sourcebans system is it doesn't tell players when the appeal is removed if it is not accepted. I'm keeping out of this, but stating it for the sake of general knowledge.

It's been a long time and i think he should get one more chance if he is really this sorry.. So in the hopes my post will mean something im giving it a shot. But in the end it's up to the admins to decide his fate.. Again i think he should be given one last chance and it really has been a long time.

It's been a long time and i think he should get one more chance if he is really this sorry.. So in the hopes my post will mean something im giving it a shot. But in the end it's up to the admins to decide his fate.. Again i think he should be given one last chance and it really has been a long time.

We're not the ones who have had to deal with the harassment, also there is a difference between forgiveness and lack of enforcement. Harassment shouldn't be tolerated because you make more threads saying you're sorry, especially in a more severe case such as this. For lower end offenses I can understand actually being sorry and wanting to be a part of the community, but we have no way of knowing if that is the case, and the offenses previously done are not something that should be allowed to happen again.

The reasons and evidence have been presented many times, and even though I think leniency is a good thing, and perma-bans are generally bad, this one was correct. If you think otherwise you'l have to present a lot more than 'give him a chance'.

-Not an admin.

Ugh... after 4 FUCKING appeals do you not understand what "You're not comming back" means? As i've said in every other god damn forum post. You have ruined the game experience of other players with Harrasment and you have been given 5 different chances. As Simple has said in another post "I'm going to keep it short: no way. This was your fifth ban."

And look at this. I wasn't the first to post because I wanted to stay away from it!

Now, time to lock this post.

Edited by General Scootz

Hmmm, seems like the rules to posting here are supposed to be staff members so I guess I will take a go at it. First off, listen alright, I don't know you firsthand, and I mean I never met you once in-game ever. Your name, is the product to me, the works of rumors and gossip and nothing else, but after all the stories and the Sourceban accounts that count up to 3 in total upon your name (Not counting the TK one) then well I guess I technically do really know what type of person you are. I mean when I first got mod, I was scared because first off I am the youngest moderator ever in Ponyville history, and to have your bad taste in everyone's mouth about your modship was not something I wanted wavering around me. On top of that, you are a immature, selfish player that revolved around the fact of inciting stupid and un-needed drama for the pure regards that you feel the need to fail in self control, and even to harasses players and put blame on everyone else instead of your own actions you caused. You even got to such a point as to tell one player of the community that "I hope your roof falls on your tonight and that it kills you". I mean, I won't lie. You fucked up to such a degree mate this makes Trollers on the Ponyville Servers look divine compared to you. I mean look, I don't even have to know you 1 bit firsthand to even actually understand who you are, and trust me, I hope to never know you first hand either. People like you don't deserve to come on here, and the fact that you're permanently banned shows the ditch you basically dug yourself. Just get out and go to another community, because your flagrant disregard of the common rules of these servers is a concept I can clearly see you do not understand.

1 person likes this

@Scootz

First off, your aggressive tone is uncalled for, also the hurtful language was very childish. No, i did not ruin EVERYONES gaming experience with my harassment, if people were making posts about wanting me unbanned and still being my friend after those dark times. I dont understand why you must still hate on me and try and lock my apology threads asap. I dont know why you think i would go through so much trouble to get unbanned, just to be a nuisance again. Try forgiving and forgetting Scootz, remember, you were once a friend that was there for me, like i was for many of the players of the community and still am. Also, from memory, i dont recall Simple saying those exact words, it was only my 4th ban and unless you have a great reason to keep hating me, keep your opinions to yourself if you have already commented on my other topics. I know im the last person you'd want to see on the server but dont forget, people forgave you for your irresponsible behavior.

@Tavia

I've seen bans for players that have abused female players have been lifted after some time with flying colours. Unfortunately, somehow people still think im the same guy i was nearly 10 months ago, and dont think people can change.

@Holy Bird Pope

I appreciate your response, however i notice that you've only based your image of me of experience other players have had with me. Not saying you need to know me personally, but judging a book by its cover and by reviews dosnt always necessarily mean its bad. Yes, i have stuffed up badly in the past, but so have other players, some with 4 bans like me, to even have them lifted and unbanned. When i got my mod, it only seemed to be a majority of players during a timezone that didnt like it, while the other timezone, i was greatly awarded for achieving the rank.

Overall, i do thank the appropriate response from Holy Bird Pope being the only staff member to respond (also Video has a good point) as of this moment,  however i would personally like to hear more from the higher powers (Rainicorn and Simplicious) instead of the community. It's appreciated, but not needed. Thank you.

Edited by Piklz419

The evidence presented before is sufficient for your ban, Simple said absolutely no, and there's been no evidence presented against.

This has been said before plenty of times, but you consistently try to create these threads to manipulate people into forgiving you and then harass in-thread the same people you were banned for harassing in the first place. If you want anything to do with a ban, I'd suggest you get a forum one. You've spoken your thoughts over and over, doing it again this time is just another attempt at making the evidence before seem less than it was.

If you were looking for an answer from simple/raini, you'd message them.

Sadly, I can only speculate that this discussion will unfortunately be another back and forth argument between those that have been involved with this debacle.  The last thing that this thread needs is more bashing and senseless name-calling.  So for now, I'm locking this thread up, unless if Raini and simple would want to add their final judgement into this discussion.

1 person likes this