Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Boss Suggestions (Mechanics, Music, Etc.)

1917 posts in this topic

Alright, fine, you bastards force my hand.

Boss Suggestion

Mr. Kenyon

"It's time for another Pony Story BEATING Funtime!"

Ah, crap.  Ponyville's local fanfic reader has gone off the deep end.  Now he's forcing everyone to listen to his horrible versions of pony voices...or die trying to escape.

Mr. Kenyon's playstyle bases itself off two primary factors: His stories, and his immense ego.  After all, no one else has had the balls to make a boss suggestion of themselves, yet.  That's gotta count for something.

Passive: Quiet During the Performance! (tentative)

"Dammit, shut up for a moment and listen to me!"

More like a mini-rage, I suppose.  After certain damage intervals, QDP basically would mute all noises, save for a pre-recorded message of Mr. Kenyon mocking the players' attempts to avoid listening to his story.  Kind of the audio equivalent of Pinkie's screen-covering rage.  I'm no programmer, so I'm not even sure this is feasible, but this, or something like it would be an interesting touch.

Abilities: Teleport

"Hey!  Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Kenyon's no unicorn, but the sheer rage that builds up, knowing people are trying to avoid listening to him allow him to break the rules of physics in short bursts, teleporting behind a random player.

Rage: Storytime!

"Alright, kids, it's time to tell you a little story about Mr. Kenyon, AND HOW HE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE RED TEAM."

Ohhhh, shit.  Now you've done it.  Kenyon's had just about enough of this.  Everyone's going to listen to his story, and they are going to LIKE it, goddammit.

Kenyon and all players teleport to a point on the map.  If possible, it's preferred that the other players are able to be around him in a circle, but out of Kenyon-smacky range.  Kenyon holds still as he reveals the story he plans to read, allowing players a moment to run like hell before he summons characters from the stories in question, who sound oddly similar to himself...

(Basically, summons helper minions of weaker stats (a la Chrysalis,) based on various stories read.)

Examples:

Allegrezza - Vinyl and Octavia

Cupcakes - Pinkamena

The Day My Beard Turned Into Pinkie Pie - Harvey Grimwold (Biker-styled Heavy with pink All-Father?)

My Little Time Lord - Derpy and the Doctor

For I Am A Jelly God - The Smooze (Not sure how this one would be done, jelly monsters and all that, but I'd LOVE to make voices for them.)

This rage could either be done traditionally, or in a multi stage style like Jug's suggested CMC Revision, with each stage creating more or tougher minions.

All this, plus a customized voice for the boss, like Saxton Hale's original mocking of each of the classes as he beat them to a bloody pulp.  Of course, voice work can always be provided as necessary.

I swear to god I will sue this forum is this isn't put in.

Alright, fine, you bastards force my hand.

Boss Suggestion

Mr. Kenyon

"It's time for another Pony Story BEATING Funtime!"

Ah, crap.  Ponyville's local fanfic reader has gone off the deep end.  Now he's forcing everyone to listen to his horrible versions of pony voices...or die trying to escape.

Mr. Kenyon's playstyle bases itself off two primary factors: His stories, and his immense ego.  After all, no one else has had the balls to make a boss suggestion of themselves, yet.  That's gotta count for something.

Passive: Quiet During the Performance! (tentative)

"Dammit, shut up for a moment and listen to me!"

More like a mini-rage, I suppose.  After certain damage intervals, QDP basically would mute all noises, save for a pre-recorded message of Mr. Kenyon mocking the players' attempts to avoid listening to his story.  Kind of the audio equivalent of Pinkie's screen-covering rage.  I'm no programmer, so I'm not even sure this is feasible, but this, or something like it would be an interesting touch.

Abilities: Teleport

"Hey!  Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Kenyon's no unicorn, but the sheer rage that builds up, knowing people are trying to avoid listening to him allow him to break the rules of physics in short bursts, teleporting behind a random player.

Rage: Storytime!

"Alright, kids, it's time to tell you a little story about Mr. Kenyon, AND HOW HE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE RED TEAM."

Ohhhh, shit.  Now you've done it.  Kenyon's had just about enough of this.  Everyone's going to listen to his story, and they are going to LIKE it, goddammit.

Kenyon and all players teleport to a point on the map.  If possible, it's preferred that the other players are able to be around him in a circle, but out of Kenyon-smacky range.  Kenyon holds still as he reveals the story he plans to read, allowing players a moment to run like hell before he summons characters from the stories in question, who sound oddly similar to himself...

(Basically, summons helper minions of weaker stats (a la Chrysalis,) based on various stories read.)

Examples:

Allegrezza - Vinyl and Octavia

Cupcakes - Pinkamena

The Day My Beard Turned Into Pinkie Pie - Harvey Grimwold (Biker-styled Heavy with pink All-Father?)

My Little Time Lord - Derpy and the Doctor

For I Am A Jelly God - The Smooze (Not sure how this one would be done, jelly monsters and all that, but I'd LOVE to make voices for them.)

This rage could either be done traditionally, or in a multi stage style like Jug's suggested CMC Revision, with each stage creating more or tougher minions.

All this, plus a customized voice for the boss, like Saxton Hale's original mocking of each of the classes as he beat them to a bloody pulp.  Of course, voice work can always be provided as necessary.

Get to work!

Some of these classes and weapons are Very Nerfed, and the Hales can take them out pretty easily.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Engineer

You Walk Waay Too slow, And Your health is too low to take but one hit.

I recommend higher Health, and a passive regen rate of 9 per second.

You have metal regen of 10 per 5 second.

(Engineers are usually killed shortly after the round starts, unless they get inside fast enough, Then there is a SLIGHT chance that they can set up a dispenser or sentry.)

The Jag:

With the Jag Equipped, You have +2 Walk speed.

Higher Range and Knockback.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Medic

The medic also walks too slow, and the Hale also takes them out in a single hit.

Without medics the team is pretty much screwed.

Higher health, and regen rate of 9 per second.

Medigun:

With the Stock Medigun equipped, you have +2 walk speed.

Stock Medigun on taunt gives a sheild to the medic, and target being healed.

When healing, crits are given to the target. *When you stop healing, the crits stop, obviously.*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scout

The Scout runs out of ammo very fast. I recommend a higher ammount of ammuntion.

*Scouts are usually the last alive due to tactics of run and shoot, and usually run out of ammo.*

The Scouts speed is a big problem for the Hale, And the Scout can bonk the Hale rendering him useless.

I recommend while having the Sandman equipped, the Scouts speed is decreased slightly slower than the Hale's.

Shortstop:

The Shortstop has heavy knockback, It stops Hales in mid air, or even before they can jump.

I recommend slightly lower knockback, but slightly increased health to compensate.

Thanks for your time, Daring Doo

Edited by Daring Doo

Some of these classes and weapons are Very Nerfed, and the Hales can take them out pretty easily.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Engineer

You Walk Waay Too slow, And Your health is too low to take but one hit.

I recommend higher Health, and a passive regen rate of 9 per second.

You have metal regen of 10 per 5 second.

(Engineers are usually killed shortly after the round starts, unless they get inside fast enough, Then there is a SLIGHT chance that they can set up a dispenser or sentry.)

The Jag:

With the Jag Equipped, You have +2 Walk speed.

Higher Range and Knockback.

Medic

The medic also walks too slow, and the Hale also takes them out in a single hit.

Without medics the team is pretty much screwed.

Higher health, and regen rate of 9 per second.

Medigun:

With the Stock Medigun equipped, you have +2 walk speed.

Stock Medigun on taunt gives a sheild to the medic, and target being healed.

When healing, crits are given to the target. *When you stop healing, the crits stop, obviously.*

Scout

The Scout runs out of ammo very fast. I recommend a higher ammount of ammuntion.

*Scouts are usually the last alive due to tactics of run and shoot, and usually run out of ammo.*

The Scouts speed is a big problem for the Hale, And the Scout can bonk the Hale rendering him useless.

I recommend while having the Sandman equipped, the Scouts speed is decreased slightly slower than the Hale's.

Shortstop:

The Shortstop has heavy knockback, It stops Hales in mid air, or even before they can jump.

I recommend slightly lower knockback, but slightly increased health to compensate.

Thanks for your time, Daring Doo

Both Engineers and Medics are classes that specifically rely on others (or themselves) to get the work done.

Engineers are supposed to stay mostly solitary defended by his various buildings/nearby players while Medics should be be defended by just as many nearby players as possible, they are in no need of any speed boost especially if its a matter of outrunning the boss as they should be relying on teleporters/ubers/pyros/player knockback. Also Medics are the fastest non-scout class in the game by default.

That Medigun buff is quite unnecessary and would provide an unnecessary bonus to one of the strongest defenses against bosses to date, the shield alone would lead to unkillable medics even if there was a cooldown for the shield, the movement speed is technically already in as the Medigun has the Quick-Fix like attribute where healing scouts would provide a speed boost for the medic.

Scouts really don't need an ammo boost considering they're the 3rd most mobile class in the game (behind soldiers/sticky demos, still has higher movement speed then both) and can easily find/take ammo kits from across the entire map.

Also the Sandman nerf/Medigun Crits would be sort of 'stealing' from the OzFur Versus Saxton Hale script and would likely lead to a high amount of unnecessary flak for two unnecessary buffs, if anything the medigun crits should be reduced to passive minicrits and given to a customized Kritskreig, and reducing the Sandman's ball recharge rate.

Jag giving increased sentry range and metal capacity is enough as it is. As soon as the sentry is up, the Engie will earn his damage.

Medics are already pains in the ass to kill with a medigun. It's not needed for them to have more survivability.

@EoK:

The servers used to support Randomizer VSH on arena_watchtower. It was not very popular.

@No Name:

Scoot's Sandman breaking shields is similar to how big mac used to break the shield with a single bullet from his minigun- It's the result of the boss just doing damage. The damage does not have to be a specific form or amount. The boss just has to hit you to cause it (changelings and clone pinkies do not trigger it)

@DerpyVE:

...That was literally a rip of my idea for Derpy previously mentioned in the thread..

Is possible to add a "on miss: hit yourself" to (only) the sandman ball? Or even bonk the scout if he misses the ball. This would counter sandman spam.

If not, maybe we should consider adding this attribute to the whole weapon, if they miss the boss they take a "penalty" e.g. self bonk, or self damage.

Is possible to add a "on miss: hit yourself" to (only) the sandman ball? Or even bonk the scout if he misses the ball. This would counter sandman spam.

If not, maybe we should consider adding this attribute to the whole weapon, if they miss the boss they take a "penalty" e.g. self bonk, or self damage.

That'd be a bit too punishing, just do what I said and reduce the ball recharge time serving as a penalty if you don't retrieve their original ball.

Another thing I've tought about, changing the Pyro's Powerjack from +75 health on kill to +X health on hit (like 10 health, to avoid Powerjack + Detonator abuse).

Also, something could be added to the Frying Pan, currently it has no extra effects, just a regular melee weapon. Still I don't have an idea of what could be added, I'll look at the attribute list and build something.

@No Name:

Scoot's Sandman breaking shields is similar to how big mac used to break the shield with a single bullet from his minigun- It's the result of the boss just doing damage. The damage does not have to be a specific form or amount. The boss just has to hit you to cause it (changelings and clone pinkies do not trigger it)

Oh, so that's how the shield system works, by taking damage from the player that is a boss, no matter what kind of damage (which is why "minions" from the boss can do damage throught the shield), thanks for the explanation :)

Twilight's lighting even not doing damage is still considered as a hit, that I could say it's "broken", but I don't think something can be done about it, not without breaking other stuff (like giving demomans their shield back when she rages, which could cause demomans who had lost their shields by melee damage getting their shields back).

Ok, some values might be wrong (like if 10% should be 10 or 0.1), I've never did this before, so...

Frying Pan (264)

Atributes only when weapon is active (128)

On hit: +10% damage bonus (19 ; 10) (or should this "10" be 0.10 for +10% bonus?)

+25 max health while active (140 ; 30)

On hit, bleed for 4 seconds (149 ; 5)

On hit: +10 health (16 ; 10)

-3 health drained per second (129 ; 3)

50% slower firing/swing speed (5 ; 50)

20% longer weapon switch (177 ; 30)

75% reduction in push force taken from damage (252 ; 50) (if you survive one hit, you won't fly far away from a melee knockback, you'll still be near the boss)

Also I tought in maybe addind honorbound (226) to the weapon (which is removed if the player hits the boss once), to make it more like a (not so) last resort weapon.

This is actually harder than I tought, getting attributes and make the weapon ballanced.

Edited by No Name

Back to writing up suggestions for existing bosses and weapon ideas.

Weapon Suggestions.

Apoco-fists

This weapon cannot be used by more then 2 players at a time.

Standard Attributes

On Equip:

Cannot be Healed when Active.

-100% health from Healers (for Dispensers)

-100% health from Health Kits.

Takes no Falling Damage

+200 Max Health (500 total)

-X Gesture Speed (X equals enough time percentage to equal 15 seconds)

Customized Attributes

Spawns at 1 health

Removes Primary AND Secondary Weapons.

Cannot start Buff Up Process if user has over 100 health.

Being away from the boss (staying 300 hammer units away) for 5 seconds will allow the Buff Up Process.

Taunting with the Apoco-Fists will start the Buff Up Process (if allowed).

Buff Up:

Once the Heavy starts taunting, he starts building a massive amount of health (enough to equal 1500 total health) over a period of 15 seconds (taunt ends at this point), for the last 5 seconds of the Buff Up Process, the Heavy is outlined.

After he is done building health, he will be given a movement speed bonus depending on how much health he has built up (10% for every 400 health) but the buffed health will start to drain at a rate of 50 health a second until he reaches his normal health of 500, at this point it is optimal to fight the boss as he can soak up lots of damage.

Note he will not have any damage resistance besides his large amount of health, once thats all gone he can only get it back by starting up the Buff Up Process again. The heavy also has no additional damage and will deal 195 a strike.

Horseless Headless Horseman's Headtaker

No more then 2 players can use this weapon at a time.

Standard Attributes:

Can Build Heads (up to 5)

-10% Initial Movement Speed

+30% Attack Range

-30% Melee Damage

Custom Attributes:

Cannot use a Primary OR Secondary Weapon

Can activate Summon if 4 or more heads are collected.

Taunting with the HHHH will activate Summon

Summon:

Once activated, the player will be given a different HHHH and will become a mini Horseless Headless Horseman (model/sounds included) for 15 seconds, the player is also outlined during the duration. When it expires the player is returned to normal and given back the original HHHH with all collected heads wiped.

Summoned HHHH

CANNOT BUILD HEADS ON HIT

+200 Health (Given that health when Summon is activated)

+20% Damage Reduction

+50% Melee Damage

+20% Movement Speed

Boss Suggestions.

Big Mac & Cheerilee

Urgh, they kinda gave me a headache, however had this idea before writing this.

Passive

Luv

CheeriMac esh shipping but under the curse of the Love Potion the CMC concocted! Cheerilee and Big Mac have a strong bond that if broken, will drive them apart. They will get stronger the closer they are (movement speed + melee damage) but will get weak if they stay away from each other for too long (same attributes) HOWEVER will get too attached to one another if they're TOO close.

Mechanical breakdown of this passive:

30 seconds after the round starts, this passive will go live and start to effect Cheerilee and Big Mac (since if it starts at the beginning of the round, they'd be stuck looking at one another).

If the duo stays too far away from each other for more then 20 seconds, their melee damage will decrease to normal (as in stock normal, not FF2 normal) and move -10% slower. This distance would be roughly a 1200+ hammer units

radius.

If they are inbetween the too far (1200) and okay (600) distances, their melee attacks will be reduced to +70% of normal FF2 melee damage. At 599, they are returned to 100% normal boss melee strength.

If the duo is within 500 hammer units of one another, their melee attacks become stronger/quicker and move faster depending on how close they are to one another (5% melee damage and 1% attack speed for every 10 hammer units, moving 1% quicker for every 20 hammer units) up to 150 hammer units away from one another but will result in both bosses being outlined while being this close, any closer and...

Being this close to one another is hazardous to both of their well beings, being with 149< hammer units of each other will force them to look at each other and slowly move towards each other at half of their current movement speed (moving in any other direction besides forward will be normal speed). However at this distance they will start to spurt love quotes and becoming unbearably toxic (not instant kill close, 10 damage a second if players get close, toxic radius is 50 hammer units away from each other). This is a key moment for the RED players to strike as they'll be forced to look only towards the other boss and cannot turn away to swing at them.

Rage

A Dangerous Attraction

When this rage is activated, the boss player who activated it will be forced to look at the current opposites boss location and will make a mad dash towards them, at this time the raging boss will be dangerously toxic (if collide, instant kill) and have a noclip that causes them to move towards the significant other at 75% of normal noclip speed. If the boss can reach the other boss in time, it will activate the second rage metioned below. This effect lasts for 5 seconds, if the raging player is stuck inside something, they will be teleported back to spawn as if taking enviromental damage.

A VERY Dangerous Attraction

If the bosses collide while one is raging, this rage will activate.

Cheerilee and Big Mac become unbearably in love with one another and start spurting lovey dovey crap like crazy and becoming VERY dangerous. Once the two collide, the raging boss will continue to fly (not in noclip) in a crazy pattern (as if getting sm_slapped repeatably) while forcing them to look at one another, at this time they're both given a large toxic radius (200 hammer units) that deals 100 damage a second to anyone close. This effect lasts for 8 seconds.

2 people like this

When talking about the following weapons, it is implied all of their current attributes/abilities will be wiped, this includes the Medigun Healing abilities (Crits on Uber, Speed Bonus when Healing Scouts).

KGB

Everyone knows I like this weapon as it added a new gameplay mechanic but I think it could use some changes/custom script support to balance it out.

Regiven Old TF2 Attributes

+100% Damage

Removes Primary Weapon

+30% Movement Speed Bonus

-20% Melee Attack Speed

New TF2 Attributes

Blocks Healing on Use

-100% Healing from all Healing Sources (Including Dispensers)

Custom Attributes

Enemy Hit: -100 Health Damage done to Heavy

Enemy Crit: -250 Health Damage done to Heavy

The Heavy's Damage/Healing towards the boss is now based around the counter system, resetting the count back to 0 on the 3rd hit.

1st Hit on Enemy: +25 Health Recovered, +1 to Counter

2nd Hit on Enemy: +25% Damage Done, +50 Health Recovered, +1 to Counter

3rd Hit on Enemy: +50% Damage Done, +75 Health Recovered, -2 to Counter.

Any overflow health on hit can be stored in a 100 health overheal.

Ideally this way KGBs will not be assisted by Medics/Health Kits/Dispensers and rely more on their fighting skills. 

They will still spawn with only 300 Health and which each boss hit doing a fluid 100/250 damage, there should be some balancing to knocking them down.

Medigun

This is something I've wanted to do with the Medigun for a while. Initially it'll split its current abilities into the other 2 Mediguns, allowing for more choice/variety.

The Stock Medigun will be based entirely around blocking damage for both the Medic and his/her patient

TF2 Attributes

+40% Overheal Amount

+25 Max Health

-30% Weapon Swapping Speed

Custom Attributes

Passive

Medic

+45% Padded Uber (Ubercharge will always start at 40% on Spawn/Uber Expire)

Patient

+20% Damage Resistance when being Healed (Resistance is lost when healing targets are switched)

Boss

On Patient Hit: 100% Push Force from Damage is transfered to the Medic

On Uber

Medic

+50% Damage Resistance for Uber Duration (Doesn't receive standard uber)

Given Shield Visual Effect from Vaccinator

+50% Ubercharge Duration (Uber bar boosted to 150%)

Patient

Given Hidden Uber (addcond 51, receives uber visuals clientside, boss cannot visually see uber until hitting)

Mini-crit boost for Duration

Kritzkrieg

The Kritzkrieg will be based entirely around giving mini/full crits to his/her patient(s)

TF2 Attributes

+50 Max Health

Uber is Crits

+30% Uber Build Rate

Custom Attributes

Passive

Medic

+30% Padded Uber (Ubercharge will always start at 30% on Spawn/Uber Expire)

Patient

If Uber is Below 50%, Receives Full Crits

If Uber is Above 50%, Receives Mini-Crits 

On Uber

Medic

+70% Ubercharge Duration (Uber bar boosted to 170%)

Patient

Given Full Crits for Duration

Provides Buff Banner AoE Mini-Crit boost to nearby players

Quick-Fix

The Quick-Fix will be based entirely around giving speed boosts/escape methods to the medic and his/her patient

TF2 Attributes

-100% Overheal (Cannot Overheal)

-100% Heal Rate (Cannot Give Health)

-30% Weapon Swapping Speed

+40% Uber Rate

Blocks Healing on Use

Matches Speed of Faster Targets

Mirrors blast jumps

Uber is Megaheal

Custom Attributes

Passive

Medic

Removes Primary Weapon

0% Padded Uber (Ubercharge will always start at 0% on Spawn/Uber Expire)

Cannot Target Spies

If Uber is Below 50%,  Receives 20% Movement Speed Bonus

If Uber is Above 50%, Receives 15% Movement Speed Bonus

Patient

If Uber is Below 50%,  Receives 25% Movement Speed Bonus

If Uber is Above 50%, Receives 10% Movement Speed Bonus

On Uber

Medic

+20% Ubercharge Duration (Uber bar boosted to 120%)

Sets Maximum Speed to 450. Reduced to 380 if theres no target

Patient

Sets Maximum Speed to 450 (Scouts are set to 520)

Vaccinator

The Vaccinator will be based around providing one of the 3 mentioned ubers (slightly nerfed) for the short duration the Vaccinator has of an uber (25% = short uber, can be activated once received) and is based depending on the selected resistance

TF2 Attributes

Standard Vaccinator Attributes

Custom Attributes

Passive

Medic

Removes Primary Weapon

0% Padded Uber (Ubercharge will always start at 0% on Spawn)

On Uber

Fire

Both

Disiplinary Action movement speed bonus

Explosive

Medic

Buff Banner AoE Mini-Crit boost to nearby players

Patient

Mini-Crits for Duration

Bullet

Medic

+35% Damage Resistance

Patient

+60% Damage Resistance

Couple of small changes:

Flying Guillotine

Remove 100% Crits on Burning Targets and Mini-Crits to Full Crits (20 and 179)

Add:

209 ; 1 (100% Minicrits on Burning Targets)

Freedom Staff:

Add Attribute -40% Swinging Speed (5 ; 1.4)

L'etrager

Remove Attribute +40% Cloak Duration

Ham Shank

Add Attributes:

Adds 50 health on hit (16 ; 50)

-40% Swinging Speed (5 ; 1.4)

On-Miss: Hit Self, idiot. (204 ; 1)

-75% Damage (1 ; .25)

Conscientious Objector

Add Attributes:

+20% Swinging Speed (6 ; .8)

-20% Damage (1 ; .8)

Bat Outta Hell

Remove Additional Push Force (58)

Boss Weapons

Rainbow Dash

137 ; 1.5 (+50% Damage to Buildings)

Boost damage bonus to 100%

Derpy

Change weapon to Lollichop (ID 739) since currently the Postal Pummler is broken and resulting her to do jack shit in damage (100 a hit)

1 person likes this

I was thinking about a BonBon and Lyra duo. 

But we would need the rage and passive idea XD 

Edit:Alright I thought of BonBon she could have a invisible rocket launcher and it shoots rockets but when the impact comes it makes kinda like the exploding pumpkin to act like she is shooting candy (Damn this is a terrible idea XD)

Edit #2: Lyra can have the same thing as she has normaly and there passive Hmmmm i'll still think about it

Edited by S¢ØØTÅLØØ

Heres some more rediculous weapon ideas that are based more on the custom side of things then standard TF2 attributes

Pain Train 154

Custom Attribute Based Weapon

On Hit: Remove 10% Rage

-30% Slower Attack Speed

Lollichop 739

On Hit: Toggle Pyrovision on Boss.

+50% Damage on Pyrovision'd Targets.

Natascha 41

Replaces weapon with Customized Deflector with the following Attributes:

Deals damage the longer the weapon is spun up for (up to 1.5x for having it spin up/firing for more then 5 seconds)

Huo-Long Heater 811 832

On Ally Ring of Flames Contact (Ally runs into your ring of flames): Gives ally a ring of fire for the next 20 seconds, damage done is counted towards the Heavy.

Short Circuit 528

On Hit: Boss cannot attack.

Metal cannot be received from dispensers when weapon is active

Cleaner's Carbine 751

Crits on Outlined Targets

Razorback 57

Blocks a single hit if struck from behind

Bushwacka 232

Damage is amplfied depending on the boss's rage meter, up to 100% additional damage on 100% rage

Shahanshah 401

Damage is reduced depending on boss's rage meter, 100% for 0% rage, bonus is reduced to 0% on 100% rage.

(Reverse of the Bushwacka)

Ambassador 61 1006

Skill Shot Revolver

On-Headshot: Deals damage equal to 1% of the boss's total HP.

Diamondback 525

Tracking Revolver

On-Hit: Applies Outline for 3 Seconds. (Similar to Sniper Rifles)

--------

Even more examples of further complicated weapons

--------

Scout

Primary

Scattergun

Change Sum Up: Increases firing speed/reload speed/clip size depending on damage done.

Restricts Weapons:(Removes Weapons when Equipped) No

Useful with: General Stock Weapon, Versatile with Any.

TF2 Based Attributes:

+x% Reload Speed (97)

+x(/2)% Firing Speed (6)

+x(/2)% Clip Size (4)

Script Custom Attributes:

For x, [[Damage Done]/1000] + 1. Capped at 1500 Damage

Attribute Example(s):

Damage Dealt - 100 hitpoints

+10% Reload Speed 

+5% Firing Speed 

+5% Clip Size 

Damage Dealt - 500 hitpoints

+50% Reload Speed 

+25% Firing Speed 

+25% Clip Size 

Damage Dealt - 1000 hitpoints

+100% Reload Speed 

+50% Firing Speed 

+50% Clip Size 

Damage Dealt - 1500 hitpoints (Max)

+150% Reload Speed 

+75% Firing Speed 

+75% Clip Size 

----

Soda Popper

Change Sum Up: Charge Dependent on Damage, Charge Always Draining, 50% Charge = Minicrits, 100% Charge = Crits

Restricts Weapons: Bonk! Atomic Punch, Crit-a-Cola

Useful with: Sandman

Attribute Example(s):

Charge - 0 

No Bonus

Charge - 50%

Shots are Mini-crits

Charge - 100% (Max)

Shots are Full Crits

TF2 Based Attributes:

Default Attributes

On Hit: Build Charge.

Charge Built = [Damage Done per Shot]/10]

Passive Effect: Charge Drains after 2 Seconds of No Damage.

Charge Lost = 10% per 1 Second after 2 Seconds of No Damage

On Full Charge: Crit Chance = 100%

On 50%+ Charge: Minicrit Chance = 100%

Baby Face's Blaster

Change Sum Up: Charge Dependent on Damage, Charge Always Draining, 50% Charge = +45% Movement Speed, 100% Charge = +65% Movement Speed. Keep in mind this is ontop of the stock -35% movement speed attribute it has by default.

Restricts Weapons: Bonk! Atomic Punch, Crit-a-Cola, Sandman

Useful with:

Attribute Example(s):

Charge - 0 

No Bonus

Charge - 50%

Shots are Mini-crits

Charge - 100% (Max)

Shots are Full Crits

TF2 Based Attributes:

Default Attributes

On Hit: Build Charge. 

Charge Built = [Damage Done per Shot]/10]

Passive Effect: Charge Drains after 2 Seconds of No Damage.

Charge Lost = 15% per 1 Second after 2 Seconds of No Damage

On Full Charge: Movement Speed = +65%

On 50%+ Charge: Movement Speed = +45%

Melee

Holy Mackerel/Festive Holy Mackerel/Unarmed Combat

Change Sum Up: Deals Additional Damage for Counter Counts, removes Primary Weapons.

Restricts Weapons: Primary Weapons

Useful with: Crit-a-Cola

Attribute Example(s):

Counter: 5 hits

+25% damage bonus

Counter: 10 hits

+50% damage bonus

Counter: 20 hits

+100% damage bonus

TF2 Based Attributes:

Default Attributes

+n% damage bonus (2)

On Equip: Remove Primary Weapon

For n, 5% per hit count, counter auto-resets after inactivity

Gunslinger

Change Sum Up: Allows an additional Mini-Sentry to be built for every 500 damage done, caps at 3 additional mini-sentries.

Restricts Weapons: N/A

Useful with: Modified Frontier Justice

Attribute Example(s):

Damage: 500 hit points

+ 1 Additional Mini Sentry

Damage: 1000 hit points

+ 2 Additional Mini Sentries

Damage: 1500 hit points

+ 3 Additional Mini Sentries

TF2 Based Attributes:

Default Attributes

Explained above.

Weapon: AWPer Hand

+On Hit: Sends boss straight down

-50% slower charge

Other info: Is boss falls down from a certain height or above(Up to the coders), stun for 1 sec, 

Could I get some criticism on this and my previous suggestion as well?

1 person likes this

There's something I've been thinking about all kinds of boss teleports (except the mare-do-well and molestia one), sometimes it can be unfair for players (the boss teleports inside of you, do what? wait for death.), others, for the boss (teleports inside a spy, the spy can get around 2~3 stabs before the teleport stun ends. Or, teleports inside a medic with uber ready, medic pops uber, the boss is going to get raped by near players (mostly by spies and kgb heavies).

To be honest, I would prefer if bosses teleports to near (or maybe on top) of a player without teleport stun than the current system. An alternative idea, would be switch positions; the boss goes to where the player is, the player is teleported to where the boss was (kind of a copy of ozfur's system, but still sounds good to me) but in this, I could see bosses abusing it, by jumping into an environment hazard/pit and teleport, pretty much a garanteed kill, the same as the current teleport system (teleports inside someone, garanteed kill). Dunno if something could be done about it.

Another way could be changing teleports to map drops (health/ammo kits)/player spawns to other locations of being teleported to.

Edited by TheGreatJug™

Another way could be changing teleports to map drops (health/ammo kits)/player spawns to other locations of being teleported to.

Good, but I see room for campers. Bosses like Discord can't do nothing if a scuntplayer camps on a high place, where the boss can't get without a superjump.

Edit: Or maybe use the current teleport on the last player. Alternatively, would be to apply the effect from Celestia's rage (modified, to only apply it if the player hasn't been moving for X seconds). Usually these camping spots have a ceiling right above the player's head, or it's a very small colison box (such as a post, trees, or signs)

Edited by No Name

Some weapons nerfs would be looked forward for mostly these 2 weapons; KGB and Invis Watch

KGB deals insane damage, makes you take several hit ( if they aren't crit ) and also gives powerful knockback hits, even with the minigun buff, there is just no reason to not be using KGB.

Invis watch made it so that people changed from using Dead Ringer... but now why use dead ringer if the Invis watch can do the same but with no cooldown as of to when you can cloak to not get killed? It's ridiculous the time it takes to kill a Invis Watch spy, I'm pretty sure that anyone that played against one of them knows how annoying it was to deal with that spy.

They aren't a problem if you manage to hit them while they're visible. Would be great a system like the regular Dead Ringer, if they take damage while invisible, their cloak meter will drop. And if they are the last man, it was suggested by Jug to remove their watches, to avoid wasting time by feigning deaths or cloaking. But, yes, they need a nerf (loose some/all of their cloak meter if they are hit).

While the attributes plugin is broken, we'll have to wait for a fix, so the weapons can be worked / attributes can be stripped.

About kgb heavies, jug also made some suggestios about it. Basically everything is done, they just need the plugin to be fixed and add/remove the attributes :)

Bootleggers:

Reduce resistance from blast damage to 50% from 80%.

Weapon class: tf_weapon_flamethrower

Cannot receive ammo from dispensers.

Pyros tend to just camp dispensers and play keep away with the boss, with this they still can but will have to rely on map items.

Bootleggers:

Reduce resistance from blast damage to 50% from 80%.

Weapon class: tf_weapon_flamethrower

Cannot receive ammo from dispensers.

Pyros tend to just camp dispensers and play keep away with the boss, with this they still can but will have to rely on map items.

Maybe on maps like Kakarikri-Karrot Kake and 2fortdesk these ammo boxes can appear longer than they should in case a Pyro is the last man standing.

KGB Current Version (Not the custom attributed one I suggested above)

-50% Health from Healers

+50% Health from Health Kits

Genuine Flying Guillotine

-10% Movement Speed when Active

-30% Weapon Switching Speed

Family Business

+30% Weapon Switching Speed

Mini-crits on Midair Targets

Mini-crits become Crits

Huntsman

Remove from All-Crit weapons.

+330% Damage (Equal to +10% Damage + Crit Boost, its to allow standard hits to hurt and on headshot = hurt even more)

Reserve Shooter

Mini-Crits Become Crits

Cozy Camper

(Allows proper camping with ammo restrictions)

+10% Ammo Regen every 5 seconds

Cannot collect ammo from Dispensers

-75% Maximum Primary Ammo

All collected Ammo becomes Health

Rainbow Dash

Passive - Momentum 
Movement Speed/Knockback Resistance increased depending on how long Rainbow Dash runs uninterrupted, maxes out at 520 movement speed/50% Knockback Resistance. Bonuses reset on jump/slow down.

Rage - 10 Seconds Flat
Her movement speed is set to 520, given 100% knockback reduction, and slightly reduced gravity for the duration of the rage (10 seconds) . If she manages to kill 4-7 people (depending on # of alive players) during the rage, the next kill causes her to explode dramatically, dealing massive AOE fire damage to nearby players at which the rage will end, if this next charged hit isn't used before the rage expires, it stays for the following 5 seconds but the radius of the explosion/damage is reduced by half.

Celestia

Passive - Novas

If any player is killed by fire (namely her rage), a small nova will appear where the player died, dealing an AOE ignite until it disappears 5 seconds later. Celestia can collect these novas for a 2% max health health heal (the nova is then destroyed)

Twilight

Passive - Teleport Traps

Every 20 seconds or whenever she rages, a random map pickup (health kit/ammo kit) will be marked as a Teleportation Trap. There are four kinds of traps, each having their own different effect/particle effect that is attached to the map pickup.

Standard (40% Chance of Spawning) - Time Warp

Teleports the player to a random map pickup and stuns/outlines them for 5 seconds

This is the only trap Twilight can pick up as well (as an escape method).

Send a Letter (30% Chance of Spawning) - Green Black Hole

Teleports the player to the BLU spawn and ignites them

Slumber (20% Chance of Spawning) - Cloudy Moon

Teleports the player to the RED spawn and causes them to be knocked out/blinded for 7 seconds

Magical Mishap (10% Chance of Spawning) - Sparkles 3 (Unused Effect)

Teleports the player to a RED player's location and immediately changes the class of the player to another non-spy/scout class.