Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Boss Suggestions (Mechanics, Music, Etc.)

1917 posts in this topic

Another quick post regarding a bug in VSP, and a few more item thingies that may need changes.

Bootlegger gives FAR too much damage reduction, that + Scottish Resistence makes rounds drag on (demos stay at full health pretty much).

Scouts should be nerfed end round, spies should get watches removed, and gravity should be increased (Freedom staff/BOH is stupid with any class at this point)

Also, there's a bug where the secondary weapon may randomly be removed for the first round of a new map, yet nothing else changes.

Plus, shining armor's rage is kind of useless; It renders both of them unable to attack

Edited by OverDose

Another quick post regarding a bug in VSP, and a few more item thingies that may need changes.

Bootlegger gives FAR too much damage reduction, that + Scottish Resistence makes rounds drag on (demos stay at full health pretty much).

Scouts should be nerfed end round, spies should get watches removed, and gravity should be increased (Freedom staff/BOH is stupid with any class at this point)

Also, there's a bug where the secondary weapon may randomly be removed for the first round of a new map, yet nothing else changes.

As for the Scouts in the end round, maybe have them only use the stock loadout for them?

As for the Scouts in the end round, maybe have them only use the stock loadout for them?

Or just reduce their movement speed.

Quick question. Seeing as Pinkie Pie represents the Element of Laughter, would her clones spawning with a perma crit boosted Holiday Punch instead of a Frying Pan be OP or UP? I mean, her clones would be spreading smiles and joy, like Pinkie Pie does. The only things they would be able to hurt are maybe Engi Buildings and a Soldier using the Battalion's Backup or anyone under it's defense buff, that blocks crits, which means they would be able to actually deal low damage to him instead of making him laugh. Well, they would have the Showdown Tauntkill too, I mean, it's built into the Holiday Punch.

1 person likes this

Quick question. Seeing as Pinkie Pie represents the Element of Laughter, would her clones spawning with a perma crit boosted Holiday Punch instead of a Frying Pan be OP or UP? I mean, her clones would be spreading smiles and joy, like Pinkie Pie does. The only things they would be able to hurt are maybe Engi Buildings and a Soldier using the Battalion's Backup or anyone under it's defense buff, that blocks crits, which means they would be able to actually deal low damage to him instead of making him laugh. Well, they would have the Showdown Tauntkill too, I mean, it's built into the Holiday Punch.

Seeing as how Chrysalis's rage is similar with Pinkie's, I can actually see this, that way the clones can play more of a supporting role.  Also, the clones should be able to have a high jump to compensate with their lack of doing offensive damage.

Good idea. But as pinkie's model is a soldier, a heavy weapon could break first person viewmodels. But still, the Holiday Punch's attributes could be added to any weapon, so it's still possible. They being able to taunt seems op, as they could pretty much insta-kill a class that has enough hp to survive one regular weapon critical hit (e.g soldiers, heavies, overhealed demomans...), but they being able to do a small damage seems good, either nerf it to do around 10 damage per hit, or add a bleed on hit (for 1 damage each tick). Also this makes pinkie's rage different from chrysalis.

[...] Also, the clones should be able to have a high jump to compensate with their lack of doing offensive damage.

Or a regular boss speed (currently they have a regular soldier speed), or both, but could be op since pinkie's rage spawn clones in the same amount of players alive, and in big maps this could be a problem since some clones just camps in a spot, and her rage ignores clones alive, so, if there are 5 players alive, and there are 8 clones alive, more 5 clones will be spawned, in a total of 13 clones vs 5 players. Or add these buffs to clones, and tweak their spawn to spawn red players alive minus clones alive.

[...] Also, the clones should be able to have a high jump to compensate with their lack of doing offensive damage.

Or a regular boss speed (currently they have a regular soldier speed), or both, but could be op since pinkie's rage spawn clones in the same amount of players alive, and in big maps this could be a problem since some clones just camps in a spot, and her rage ignores clones alive, so, if there are 5 players alive, and there are 8 clones alive, more 5 clones will be spawned, in a total of 13 clones vs 5 players. Or add these buffs to clones, and tweak their spawn to spawn red players alive minus clones alive.

You are forgetting about the "afk players" factor.

Oh, yeah, forgot about them. Welp, at least the clones could have less hp. 200 seems to be too much.

Edit: Btw, they don't have exactly 200 hp, they have enough meter to fill to 200, based on the numbers of clones, they should be limited to a maximum hp (both pinkies clones and chrysalis changelings uses the same attributes, probably changelings were coded first, thus why they spawn at 125 hp, and not full health. So, pinkie's clones should have attribute 125 ("X" max health on wearer) on their weapon, to match the changelings hp/max-hp.

Edited by No Name

Oh, yeah, forgot about them. Welp, at least the clones could have less hp. 200 seems to be too much.

Edit: Btw, they don't have exactly 200 hp, they have enough meter to fill to 200, based on the numbers of clones, they should be limited to a maximum hp (both pinkies clones and chrysalis changelings uses the same attributes, probably changelings were coded first, thus why they spawn at 125 hp, and not full health. So, pinkie's clones should have attribute 125 ("X" max health on wearer) on their weapon, to match the changelings hp/max-hp.

I think they actually need a health buff lol. Nerf their damage to compensate, but put it this way; Demo + Sniper + KGB have no problem 1 hitting them even at 200 health, and their movement speeds make them only good for ambushing people. Perhaps a nerf to their damage and a buff to their health would be nice, to make fights more interesting as opposed to 1 hit fights (usually both ways)

And another note: Ever seen chrysalis rage on a KGB? Yeah, usually all the changelings die if Chrysalis doesn't get a backstab...

So me and PBandJ Commando™, and Shadowpod later on were working on a idea for another PonyBoss with Minions (yay! I hope?) and this is what we were able to come up with.

Using ideas from Pinkie Pie's Clone ability, Twilight Sparkle's 2ndary Rage Ability (Chain Lightning), and using AoE abilities to take a more, "supporting role" with the Bosses minions instead of just release and run free my minions!

------------------------------------------

Captain Shining Armor - PonyBoss

Theme: ???

Shadowpod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HTaly2qM3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHB0TF-WOQ

Sacredragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiwCdotHuU (27 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ije9lDHXWpw

PBandJ Commando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq27qg4Ot2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=207sCFmlT98

*were not sure... open to suggestions! :D*

Weapon: Eyelander - 180 Damage

Movement Speed: Default

Abilities - Super Jump + WeighDown + Call to Arms

Passive Ability - Reinforcements

*Reinforcements:   Spawns 2 Royal Guards behind Captain Shining Armor every 15 seconds.(like Pinkie Pies Rage) Uses dead players from RED team.

Royal Guards are Soldiers with Default Movement Speed.

Lowish Gravity Jump

Weapon: Half-Zatoichi

Start with 500HP (Overhealed)  250HP (No Overheal)

Immune to Damage for 2 Seconds after Spawning

Deals 95 Damage per hit

Deals 75 Damage per hit while under “Call to Arms” Effect

Rage: Call to Arms

*Global Fear on all Players for 3 Seconds

Sentries Stunned for 5 Seconds

The follow applies to Minions near Captain Shining Armor

Movement Speed Increase for 10 seconds

Minions Regen Health if nearby

Minions have Movement Speed Increase

Minions gain Health on Hit 150% health based on Damage *75dmg = 112hp*

2ndary Rage: Summon Minions

Only Usable immediately after Call to Arms

Teleport 4 Random Minions to Captain Shining Armor’s Position

Teleported Minions Feared for 2 Seconds

------------------------------------------

This would be the first Boss to provide real benefits to the minions he gets since summoning them can create havoc among some or the more, strong places that are easy to camp and defend at.

Tactics would be to keep his Minion count as low as possible when against him, while when playing as him would be to have Minions that will actually help you instead of just afking when they die ^_^.

Even without any minions, he is still a strong boss on his own, but will have to rely solely on his Rage if he wants to accomplish things quickly. With his buffed Minions if used properly, he should be a fun Boss to play as, even as just a minion.

Edited by Sacredragon
1 person likes this

[...]

I think they actually need a health buff lol. Nerf their damage to compensate, but put it this way; Demo + Sniper + KGB have no problem 1 hitting them even at 200 health, and their movement speeds make them only good for ambushing people. Perhaps a nerf to their damage and a buff to their health would be nice, to make fights more interesting as opposed to 1 hit fights (usually both ways)

Don't forget that pinkie's rage have a very high generation. Just one sentry can cause her to rage a lot. But I see your point, these things actually needs to be tested, as it's hard to tell what is op and what isn't by just thinking about it.

I am too, so long as the minions don't gain as much health on hit/kill (mostly because the boss provides buffs according to the idea; Healing regen + Movement Speed would make his minions extremely tough to kill without a 1 hit kill weapon.

I am too, so long as the minions don't gain as much health on hit/kill (mostly because the boss provides buffs according to the idea; Healing regen + Movement Speed would make his minions extremely tough to kill without a 1 hit kill weapon.

I was considering changing the weapon so it they don't get health for kills, since the Half-Zatoichi will give it full health again, would suck to have to deal 250 damage again cause they got that lucky kill as a Minion. Perhaps switching to another melee with Health on Hit will do. I feel though that the 112 health restored for a hit is justified since practically all classes can either crit or do some serious damage with little effort. The example I used when disucssing this was the Loose Cannon  Criting for 202 on a impact hit, then another 168ish damage if the explosion hit them perfectly. I'm capable of doing that alot to Bosses, so I thought that it would be somewhat fair for the Minions, especially since the Bosses ability focus around having them alive aswell.

A perfect execution of this boss would be having 4 Minions alive, anywhere, and having this occur... > Super Jump above large group > Weigh Down > Rage > 2ndary Rage > cause mayhem.  Best way to stop that from happening is to make sure the Boss does have a high count of Minions when he does rage, meaning have people focus down those Minions first, then deal with the boss. Im hoping that if this actually comes to the server, the Global Fear for RED team and the Global Fear for the Minions should both end at the same time, and then the big fight can happen ^_^.

Also, am I confused if I say any weapon we switch to benefit the Boss/Minion will also effect the actual Players? Or are they seperate like, these effects only work on BLU team since they are always the PonyBoss?

Keep suggestion things or ask questions. I have a GoogleDoc saved so I can keep editing what sounds balanced and what should be changed :D

Edited by Sacredragon

I was considering changing the weapon so it they don't get health for kills, since the Half-Zatoichi will give it full health again, would suck to have to deal 250 damage again cause they got that lucky kill as a Minion. Perhaps switching to another melee with Health on Hit will do. I feel though that the 112 health restored for a hit is justified since practically all classes can either crit or do some serious damage with little effort. The example I used when disucssing this was the Loose Cannon  Criting for 202 on a impact hit, then another 168ish damage if the explosion hit them perfectly. I'm capable of doing that alot to Bosses, so I thought that it would be somewhat fair for the Minions, especially since the Bosses ability focus around having them alive aswell.

Also, am I confused if I say any weapon we switch to benefit the Boss/Minion will also effect the actual Players? Or are they seperate like, these effects only work on BLU team since they are always the PonyBoss?

112 damage isn't that much, but most classes can't hit that high unless they crit; Soldiers with the rocket damage nerf can't even hit that hard; Demo + Melee Weapons + Snipers + KGB can easily hit that hard. I'm saying just lower it to around 75, as the regeneration provided by the actual hale should be enough heal until they actual engage in combat.

Any weapons given to minions can then be given custom values and such after they've been given to the players; One weapon can have a hundred instances of the same item, all with different stats.

EDIT: Maybe give them crit resistence? That would save them (somewhat) from KGB and demo and melees, which are the main damage single-hit damage dealers.

Edited by OverDose

A perfect execution of this boss would be having 4 Minions alive, anywhere, and having this occur... > Super Jump above large group > Weigh Down > Rage > 2ndary Rage > cause mayhem.  Best way to stop that from happening is to make sure the Boss does have a high count of Minions when he does rage, meaning have people focus down those Minions first, then deal with the boss. Im hoping that if this actually comes to the server, the Global Fear for RED team and the Global Fear for the Minions should both end at the same time, and then the big fight can happen ^_^.

Keep suggestion things or ask questions. I have a GoogleDoc saved so I can keep editing what sounds balanced and what should be changed :D

Fearing that the soldiers and/or demo's wielding the Half-Zatiochi's will immediately charge in for the instant kill (maybe either of em surviving 1 hit under the effects of the Battalion Backup), I would say by simply having the 'insta-kill using same weapon' attribute removed, since it doesn't serve much of a purpose in the VSP mode. This will allow the gameplay for both minions and players balanced and enjoyable.

Edited by PBandJ Commando

I've been thinking about the Minions for the Pinkie Pie and the Queen... mainly the Queen's Changelings...

Its not exactly fun to be spawned as a Minion with 8 or 9 others, only to be stuck inside a player that won't die cause you are all hitting each other, then you all explode...

As a possible fix, or maybe an upgrade for them... Could we make the Changelings spawn like Pinkie Pie's Clones do? Just spew them out where ever she is, then have her teleport to where ever she intended on going already. And could the Changelings that are spawn also be invisible for the same amount of time they are Immune to Damage?  To make things a bit more clearer... here.

Pinkie Pie

------------

Spits out Clones at Current Location

Player's Screen covered in Pinkie Pie pictures for X seconds

Clones Damage Immune for 2-3 seconds (I think they are? correct me)

Clones are just Soldiers with Frypans and 200hp

This is what I suggest for the Queen...

Queen Chrysalis

----------------------

Spits out Changelings at Current Location

Queen Teleports to whoever she was teleporting to. (Not bringing the Changelings with her)

Changelings are Invisible for 3 seconds (Like Rarity's Rage, but much much shorter)

Changelings are Damage Immune for 2 Seconds (I believe its around that long)

Changelings are Spies with 125HP (weapon? I forget)

Thoughts?

Edited by Sacredragon

I've been thinking about the Minions for the Pinkie Pie and the Queen... mainly the Queen's Changelings...

Its not exactly fun to be spawned as a Minion with 8 or 9 others, only to be stuck inside a player that won't die cause you are all hitting each other, then you all explode...

As a possible fix, or maybe an upgrade for them... Could we make the Changelings spawn like Pinkie Pie's Clones do? Just spew them out where ever she is, then have her teleport to where ever she intended on going already. And could the Changelings that are spawn also be invisible for the same amount of time they are Immune to Damage?  To make things a bit more clearer... here.

Pinkie Pie

------------

Spits out Clones at Current Location

Player's Screen covered in Pinkie Pie pictures for X seconds

Clones Damage Immune for 2-3 seconds (I think they are? correct me)

Clones are just Soldiers with Frypans and 200hp

This is what I suggest for the Queen...

Queen Chrysalis

----------------------

Spits out Changelings at Current Location

Queen Teleports to whoever she was teleporting to. (Not bringing the Changelings with her)

Changelings are Invisible for 3 seconds (Like Rarity's Rage, but much much shorter)

Changelings are Damage Immune for 2 Seconds (I believe its around that long)

Changelings are Spies with 125HP (weapon? I forget)

Thoughts?

Im fine with that. It's a fix, that's for sure. Ever seen Chrysalis rage on a KGB? No backstab = a lot of dead changelings. I think this fix would be nice, even without invisibility (although they are much weaker than pinkie clones, so it would be nice if possible).

And their weapon is also a pan. You can say it's quite the pandemic

*Dies from terrible pun*

Edited by OverDose

I'm still somewhat a fan of having the Pinkie clones a little of a higher jump to replicate of that of the clones from Season 3.

Loving the creativity shown so far. But I also have a suggestion for Fluttershy. She is able to rage way too many times in one life. I recommend the total times she can rage be reduced by at least 3.

I don't know if something was planned for Pinkamena so I'll go ahead and throw this out there anyways.

BOSS: -- Pinkamena

Weapon: -- Market Gardener

--Attributes--

3x Damage

Crits on airborne targets

Movement: -- Increased jump height, super-jump, and weigh-down.

Passive: -- Airblast gives a minor increase to rage meter. (Lower then what some other bosses have)

Rage: -- Final Hours

When the boss uses their rage, every players screen will gradually darken until blind. Blindness will last 3 seconds, and once complete, the screen will return to full with a portrait of Pinkamena on every players screens blocking it for an additional 1.5 seconds and dealing 25% max health damage.

During the rage duration, all sentries will be disabled and will not come back online until the rage has run it's course.

The boss will be able to rage a total of 6-7 times in one life. (Not counting airblast buildup)

Theme: -- same as before

Edited by Skeith
2 people like this

Luna/NMM 

Singleplayer double form boss, passive/rage change depending on form and at the end of the activated rage will turn into the other form.

Passive (Both Forms)

Rage is immediately activated when acquiring full rage. (This forces the forms to be changed)

Princess Luna Form

Passive

Fog is enabled (Light Blue, low density)

Luna is 20% more resistant to damage

Alt Ability

Super Jump

Rage

She starts to turn into Nightmare Moon, first off by applying a mapwide spook to both players and sentries, a couple of seconds later the fog rolls in and is changed to the same as NMM's passive, she then gains low gravity and will forced to jump in order to make her float, and finally she turns into Nightmare Moon. The spooked RED players are remained spooked for the next 5 seconds, giving Nightmare Moon a short period to strike.

Nightmare Moon Form (Luna)

Passive

RED player HUDs disabled

RED players are outlined

Fog is enabled (very dark blue/violet, very high density)

Rage is gained passively at the rate of 1% for every second

Nightmare Moon receives all damage as crits

Nightmare Moon is 50% more resistant to sentry damage

Alt Ability

Teleport

Rage

Nightmare Moon gains a constant aura that spooks any RED players who enter it, lasts for 7 seconds

At the end of the Rage, she turns back into Princess Luna

Queen Chrysalis 

Singleplayer double form boss, passive/rage change depending on form and at the end of the activated rage will turn into the other form.

Wedding Preparations! Its the royal wedding, but everything is not as it seems. The REDs must help prepare for the Wedding by doing activities to keep them busy, anyone not helping are punished!

Passive (Both Forms)

Rage is immediately activated when acquiring full rage. (This forces the forms to be changed)

Any RED player killed is turned into a Changeling

Queen Chrysalis has 50% less max health

Princess Cadence Form

Passive

Cadence is 80% more resistant to damage

Cadence moves 20% slower

Cadence deals 90% less damage to players that aren't ignited (Allows her to kill people not doing an activity)

Goomba Stomps are disabled

Alt Ability

Super Jump

Rage

She starts to turn into Queen Chrysalis, first off by applying a mapwide spook to both players and sentries, a couple of seconds later the fog rolls in and is changed to the same as QC's passive, she then gains low gravity and will forced to jump in order to make her float, any Changelings are respawned, and finally she turns into Queen Chrysalis. The spooked RED players are remained spooked for the next 5 seconds, giving the Queen a short period to strike.

Queen Chrysalis Form

Passive

RED player HUDs disabled

Fog is enabled (dark green, low density)

Rage is gained passively at the rate of 1% for every second

Alt Ability

Teleport

Rage

She starts to turn back into Cadence, an activity is immediately chosen. Any players not doing this activity OR actively attacking the boss is immediately killed. Returns to traditional Cadence round after 10 seconds (the activity completes).

Changelings

Cadence Passive

Cannot attack

Forced disguised

50% resistant to damage

Chrysalis Passive

Respawn after 10 seconds

100% damage bonus

10% damage bonus

RED Players
Wedding Phase (Cadence)
Are ignited when not doing an activity (similar to Celestias rage)
Forced to melee
Activities
Only one can be active
Current Activity is only announced in chat once
Activities change every 10 seconds
Activities are disabled during Queen Chrysalis's phase
List of Activities
Moving
Taunting
Close to Cadence/Chrysalis
Away from Cadence/Chrysalis
Frozen
Bunny Hopping
Crouching
Attacking
Edited by TheGreatJug™
1 person likes this

Under random conditions, Rarity is getting double power on a superjump. Her jump sound plays twice too.

Edit: Power = extra jump force, double or tripple force to be precise.

Edited by No Name