Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simple

Funbox gamemode suggestions

34 posts in this topic

Since this seems to be an often requested thing, I am creating a topic where you guys can suggest what game modes you want us to add to the funbox server so that it lives up to its name.

Several pointers: Make sure you include a link to the game mode download location that you are proposing. If no link, make sure to include a descriptive name. This thread is not for full conversation about the game modes. A comment on the viability/popularity of the gamemode is fine, a page-long discussion about it isn't. At the same time, don't just drop links, explain what the game mode is and why you think it's a good addition.

Before you post anything though, try to find out if the gamemode has been updated or works on TF2 as it currently is. If your game mode has not been updated since 2010, it's probably not a good sign.

I've got two gamemodes I would like to see on the funbox, the first being Prophunt and the second being The Hidden.

Prophunt

The classic gamemode from Gmod for TF2, BLU team consisting of Pyro's must hunt down RED scouts who are disguised as props, the last scout remaining will be given access to their weapons to kill the pyros if needed. The game ends when either all red team are killed, at least one person on RED team lives or when all BLU team are killed. When the round ends, the teams switch places. 

Click the spoiler to see gameplay of this mod...

[Click here to go to download link for mod]

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Hidden

The hidden is game mode originally created as a mod for Half Life 2 brought over to TF2, it takes place in arena mode where one person plays as a spy who has unique abilities and is infinitely clocked unless he attacks, "The Hidden's" goal is to kill everyone on the other team without dying while players on the opposing team goal is to kill The Hidden, who ever manages to kill The Hidden becomes him in the next round.

Click the spoiler to see gameplay of this mod...

[Click here to go to download link for mod]

If I would recommend some game modes of my preference, it would be...

Huntsman Hell and Zombie Fortress. (I also like Prophunt and Smash Fortress, but Prophunt shouldn't be mentioned again after the above post, and Smash Fortress is a private plugin.)

Huntsman Hell is a crazy game mode where everyone is Sniper with 400 HP on each team on arena, all with Huntsman that has explosive fire arrows, Jarate, and melee weapon of choice.

It gets really fun and chaotic with a lot of people.

Huntsman Hell: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1942365

Now Zombie Fortress, this is a game mode where one team is the Survivors, and the other team is the Infected, the Infected try to eliminate all of the Survivors, where the Survivors try to defend themselves until time runs out or captures all points. Some pretty good strategy gets involved within this game mode sometimes. This game mode is a real blast from times to times, and with just plain old VSP and Deathrun always running, it would really be a great new addition.

Zombie Fortress: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131282

Difference between this and Super Zombie Fortress is that in SZF, you pick up weapons as you go with E, but in the meanwhile, you are stripped to your melee weapon.

P.S. While ZF isn't updated since 2011, it still works like a charm,

I've played it a month earlier, and it isn't broken.

Super Zombie Fortress however, is.

EDIT: Actually. Maybe SZF is fixed, the latest update says "Several fixes with recent updates"

Here's the plugin link to SZF: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=156705

Edited by Eevee's Alt
4 people like this

Here's something that needs to make its long-awaited return:

TF2 Ware

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=243270

Thankfully this gamemode has been updated as well as a new microgame from what I have seen.

And this maybe able to coincide with the usage of our models of R-Dash 5000:

Mann vs. Tank!

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=261391

And for the grace of GOD please no Jailbreak.  Just... no.

1 person likes this

Zombie Fortress

sorta-link: here

Not sure which of those is the most recent. None seem to have been updated in years. It pits one-spawn survivors with ranged weapons versus infinite-spawn zombies with mostly only melee. (sometimes flying guillotine and scout balls are allowed) Both sides get perks.

Edited by sarysa

Zombie Fortress

Not sure which of those is the most recent. None seem to have been updated in years. It pits one-spawn survivors with ranged weapons versus infinite-spawn zombies with mostly only melee. (sometimes flying guillotine and scout balls are allowed) Both sides get perks.

The only thing I got against ZF is the spawn system for selecting who gets to be a survivor and who gets to be a zombie.  Not to mention the hideous ratio of survivors/zombies.  But if this can be easily fixed then I'm all for bringing it back.

1 person likes this

It's already been said, but there's a "Stop that Tank!" server where Payload essentially becomes MVM. Cart is a tank, BLU are robots and RED are normal. RED focuses on Tank to destroy it before it reaches the point. If they destroy it, random BLU are chosen as giant bots with a bomb to carry to the point, that the player can control. They have their own weapons as well.

I can't seem to find a download link but I have several STT servers I can post if allowed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbhoE0QE2ls&ab_channel=YOGSCASTNilesy

Edited by Rokon2

Zombie Fortress

The only thing I got against ZF is the spawn system for selecting who gets to be a survivor and who gets to be a zombie.  Not to mention the hideous ratio of survivors/zombies.  But if this can be easily fixed then I'm all for bringing it back.

Shouldn't be too difficult to tweak it a bit. Could possibly even change the zombies themselves to be changelings to fit with Ponyvilles theme.

2 people like this

Zombie Fortress

Shouldn't be too difficult to tweak it a bit. Could possibly even change the zombies themselves to be changelings to fit with Ponyvilles theme.

In that case, then perhaps that there could be something like a voting system where, should a zombie fortress map gets voted on, that the players can vote on whether they want to vote for playing the vanilla version of ZF, or if they want to vote for the pony version of it, where a random survivor becomes a Pony that has special attributes to combat against the Changelings, and instead of the Tank, it will be Chryssie instead.  I do recommend that if Changelings will be used, that they be given a significant jump height, or a passive ability to get a decent jump height plus activating the B.A.S.E. Jumper parachute that would imitate them flying towards the survivors/ponies (I recommend using the bi-pedal models and disable the quad-models to avoid inconsistency and confusion).

1 person likes this

Or just have quads be donator only, but class restricted. (for Changeling Fortress)

Edited by sarysa
1 person likes this

TF2 Ware

Thankfully this gamemode has been updated as well as a new microgame from what I have seen.

Oh no, Simple tried to include TF2Ware before like in March or April, it broke funbox into hell, it still had TF2Ware logic on arena_badlands.

Edited by Eevee's Alt

TF2 Ware

Oh no, Simple tried to include TF2Ware before like in March or April, it broke funbox into hell, it still had TF2Ware logic on arena_badlands.

What's the matter with proper re-coding Funbox to once again be Funbox?

What's the matter with proper re-coding Funbox to once again be Funbox?

What I'm trying to say is that Simple thought it was simple to re-add TF2Ware, but when he did, it just glitched up so bad, and Simple just removed it. My guess is that he didn't apply a filter to where the plugin only activates in tf2ware2_a1.bsp. (If that even exists)

Edited by Eevee's Alt

TF2ware was crashing, i don't remember the exact reason but it refused to work. We did attempt nearly anything possible to make it work but it kept crashing on some game modes.

I'm researching the other game modes written in this thread so give me a couple of days.

1 person likes this

It's already been said, but there's a "Stop that Tank!" server where Payload essentially becomes MVM. Cart is a tank, BLU are robots and RED are normal. RED focuses on Tank to destroy it before it reaches the point. If they destroy it, random BLU are chosen as giant bots with a bomb to carry to the point, that the player can control. They have their own weapons as well.

I can't seem to find a download link but I have several STT servers I can post if allowed to.

Stop that tank hasn't been released publicly yet.

Really? I play it almost everyday.

I think staryoshi is saying it's closed source. Open to the public obviously, but without the source code, can't be ported to VSP.

I think staryoshi is saying it's closed source. Open to the public obviously, but without the source code, can't be ported to VSP.

Basically this. It hasn't finished development, so it has only been given to three server hosts: one in america, one in europe, and one in australia.

Zombie Fortress

DODGEBALL, seriously, I miss this mod. Haven't looked it up atm, will do so soon

4 people like this

Basically this. It hasn't finished development, so it has only been given to three server hosts: one in america, one in europe, and one in australia.

Oh I get it now, but damn.

Would have been nice to see that kind of thing on the Funbox. It is absolutely fun, not a dull moment ever.

Oh I get it now, but damn.

Would have been nice to see that kind of thing on the Funbox. It is absolutely fun, not a dull moment ever.

Well when it becomes open source we probably can add it.