Aurotzel

Season 5 talk(Spoilers obviously)

56 posts in this topic

Wait......there's a part of the forums that doesn't revolver around me complaining about things? Who knew.

So I guess you can post anything here relating to the new episodes throughout the season. Whether it be thoughts about a specific episode, character, it in general, or whateveeeer.

Since I better contribute to my own thread somewhat, I still hate Gilda, even after the episode today :3.

And how about that episode 100 hype? Amirite?

This season has definitely gotten a lot darker, what with allusions to brainwashing, death, and abusive relationships.  Still, it's very well done and I think that this has been the most entertaining season so far, even beating Season 4.  

I disagree with you on the point that Gilda is still unlikable.  I felt like she redeemed herself, if just a little bit.

Also, yes, Octavia is going to play an electric cello solo.  HYYYYYPE!

I disagree with you on the point that Gilda is still unlikable.  I felt like she redeemed herself, if just a little bit.

SHE MADE FLUTTERSHY CRY, THAT IS UNREDEEMABLE.

She made more of an impression on me when she was a jerk compared to when she was nicer, so i guess that's why I still hate her. I might rewatch it and change my opinion though :3.

1 person likes this

Fluttershy crying?

Oh boy my favorite!

Rood.

Honestly, I'm not one to care much about it, just purposely overreacting for the fun of it.

Rewatched it though, paid more attention and it was a lot better then the first time. Would have been interesting if Fluttershy went along too though, even if it was only a short scene with her in the first episode with Gilda. Woulda been fun if she was the one who had a hard time forgiving Gilda. Maybe for a future episode if they ever do go back.

So how 'bout that TreeHugger though? She was fun :3. I like the idea of them introducing a lot of weirder characters like this.

I also like the fact that I'm talking about the episodes backwards.

2 people like this

TBH when I first started watching S5 it was for hale material, but I have to say...the writers, animators, etc. actually outdid themselves...which is very rare for any show approaching 100 episodes, especially those geared toward a younger demographic. They even managed to make a CMC episode that I liked.

1 person likes this

As for season 5 i do agree i am loving this one a lot more than 4 but don't get me wrong i liked season 4 as much as the others but so far this one has been really great and i love that Gilda redeemed herself a bit in the last episode.. I can't wait till the 100th episode though with Octavia playing that Elec Cello... This may give her potential to be a single hale boss finally but who knows c:

Edited by ♥Steel Crescent♥

Now as someone whos hyped about anything MLP related, be it EG etc., i really looked forward to S5 and so far its one of the best ones yet, if not even THE best ones.
I really like how much time they spend into making each episode, be it the animation, the little details, the designs for ponys and clothes, everything comes together really really well.

Not really gonna go into details about each episode, since I'm easilly statisfied already love each one that aired.
So im just gonna hope the quallity keeps being like this. ~

For Ep 100:

TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI TAVI AND MORE TAVI PLS and a bit Doctor Whooves maybe

PS:

PS:

We all know this one was the best scene :3

Edited by Col(gate)
1 person likes this

PS:

We all know this one was the best scene :3

i like Treehugger as much as the next person but i don't like that they are making pics about them "getting baked like pinkies cake"... Not sure if a new episode is planned on this saturday as my TV guide says there is and isn't..Can some one give me a more definitive answer to a new episode thsi saturday? as in 30th of this month.

No idea why the Ep 100 needed its own thread so I'm not gonna bother with that, since this one is just for all of S5 in general, atleast thats how i see it.
Ep 100 was better than i even thought it would be, i literally loved all the things they put in there, i couldn't even refrain from writing in all caps for every little thing i noticed while it aired. twibeam.jpg
[Okay maybe that 1 frame horse picture was a little too much thinking back to it]
Sadly the Spike Ep. that aired after that wasn't anything special, as someone who actually likes Spike its sad to see how little love he gets from the writers. :c

Here's hoping S5 keeps the quality in general up and actually gives us an interesting Spike episode. c:

Supposedly, even the writers are getting sick of hitting Spike over the head with the stupid stick.  I also hope that we'll one day see a good Spike episode where he proves that he's actually a character.

*cough* Equestria Games *cough*

Now for ep.12 of season 5..

I absolutely loved this episode.. I loved that Colgate spoke and you got to see some of Twily's old friends.. The ending was really freakin sad and sweet too..enough to make me cry. Im absolutely loving this season except for spikes episode. RIP Spike.

Sorry bout the double post but no one posts.

I loved the new episode especially that Luna was the main focus this time. My favorite scene had to have been the dream sequence where you saw Princess Big Mac and LyraBon a reference to CAT DOG if anyone other then me has seen it <3.

I wonder if Nightmare Moon was using the Tantabus or something like it when she was doing the sneaky cloud thing back in S01E01/2.

I need an Alicorn Mac plushie so bad.

Of course Twily resurrected the library.

I sort of wish this had been a 2 parter, but it is a nice episode to end the first half of the season with. Onward through the hiatus.

And, as I suspected, it hit pretty close to home. I've been unable to forgive myself for shit I did during and after a relationship ~9 years ago and have been tormenting myself ever since. I know I should forgive myself, but, yeah, Luna's lines were really close to what goes through my head at times.

Can we just stand still that, for the probable 2 years since the start of the show, Luna has been giving herself nightmares just because she felt guilty? That's... some pretty heavy stuff, one of the heaviest we've seen so far, I think.

The episode also raised some questions:
-Luna dreams at night, not at day? (Since the mane6 all had the same dream)
-If she does dream at night,  then when does she go out and help ponies with nightmares?
-So Luna must be physically present near ponies to look into their dreams?
-So Celestia knows nothing about dream-magic, to call it so? Then how have nightmares been handled for the 1000 years that Luna was banished?
-Does Luna actually do something besides nightmares?

Big Mac dreams about being an unicorn... huh, who would've know? And who the frig saw Sailer Mac coming?

Filthy Rich became the Golden Surfer, heh.

Fluttershy... dreams about being the pet for once? That's... curious.

Dash's nightmare was so bad, it was so good.

And... holy narrator, that moment when the tantabus (or what was the name) took the alicorn form, opened the rift and slowly walked to it.... thatwassofriggingepicohmygosh.  :couchjump: 

I wonder how many times the words "the real world" were said, got kinda annoying.

Edited by Koekelbag

If we go with the typical 1 season = 1 year assumption, Luna's been tormenting herself for 5 years.

From the way Luna talked, Celestia knows of dream magic but is unable to use it. I'm guessing nightmares were just just dealt with unassisted for a millenium.

Edit:

Oh man, what if Luna's self-torture is why we didn't see her between the pilot and S2? Celestia finally convinced her to leave the castle and rejoin society that Nightmare Night, but Luna thought she still wasn't punished enough, so she made the Tantabus to torment herself in ways Celestia wouldn't know about and would be powerless against.

Edited by Steamworks

Rarity seems like an odd choice for the detective in a film noir homage. Seems more like something Pinkie would do or maybe AJ's a big fan of the genre or something.

Spitfire's family shows up before Fluttershy's and Scootaloo's.

I kind of wish Spitfire had chewed out Wind Rider. Between being the leader and having invested so much into the organization, you'd think she would have ton to say about a living legend acting counter to everything they stand for (or maybe that's just my headcanon getting in the way). I wonder if we'll ever see any followup on it where the Wonderbolts go back and investigate any similar incidents, possibly restoring Wonderbolt status to others who were found to have been screwed over by Wind Rider. And there's the part where the media eats him alive.