Steel Crescent

What is your worst Phobia?

14 posts in this topic

Why not.. get to know my fellow friends better.. what are you worst phobia or phobias? you can just post a phobia if you want.. Well for me i have huge phobia of bee's. when i hear one just buzz i freak out and run faster than sanic away from that thing..I also have a huge phobia of death.. thinking about it scares me.. i may actually have a phobia of heights.. I would have to see if that's true one day.. In a safe manner ofc. So what Phobia do you guys wanna share with us?

Edited by Sᴛᴇᴇʟ Cʀᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ
1 person likes this

Why not.. get to know my fellow friends better.. what are you worst phobia or phobias? you can just post a phobia if you want.. Well for me i have huge phobia of bee's. when i hear one just buzz i freak out and run faster than sanic away from that thing..I also have a huge phobia of death.. thinking about it scares me.. i may actually have a phobia of heights.. I would have to see if that's true one day.. In a safe manner ofc. So what Phobia do you guys wanna share with us?

I share the bees and death phobia. Got stung by a wasp 3 times in a row when I was a kid and now I run like a rabbit whenever I hear the faintest sound of buzzing. Sure the bees are attracted to activity... but they gotta catch me first. As for the death one I got that when I heard the song "I'll be mellow when I'm dead" by Weird Al... and I overthought it. I can handle mentions of death but when I start thinking about it that's when I have a panic attack.

As for any other fears... Well I used to have one of storms and I'd like to think I'm over it but in especially ferocious storms, up at a cabin I go to every summer, the fear resurfaces. I do have a minor fear of spiders but I'm working past that one.

1 person likes this

Weapons, generally... especially if they are pointed at me.

Not really so afraid of death, honestly, but more of what comes afther it... or rather, what doesn't.

Edited by Koekelbag
2 people like this

Arachnophobia. Whether they're moving, still, dead, or dying, they repulse me. I hate the way they move, and their design is so abhorrent to me. Little spiders don't bother me, but any spider bigger than a dime will cause me distress.

After I got home from work today, I went to shower. I started with washing my hair, and the first thing I saw upon opening my eyes afterwards was a small wolf spider scuttling away from me. Which probably means that it had been in my hair. How vile. The poor thing drowned, which I'm sorry for. I thought it would have been able to get out on its own, but I was wrong.

Aside from spiders, I might be afraid of heights, but I'm not sure. When I'm anywhere high, I feel the urge to look down at whatever is far beneath me, and it makes me feel weird. I think of falling, and how far it is. I don't feel any fear from it, just a lack of balance.

I'm not afraid of death at all, but I am a little scared of what comes after. Eternity is a frightening concept to me and is not something that I should think about. But it'll be okay.

2 people like this

Never actually been stung by a bee, heh, guess I'm just really lucky. I guess I would say I'm afraid of insects in general, just really don't like touching them or really looking at them up close.

An odd fear I have is against stingrays. When I was around 12 or so, went on a family trip on a cruise. At one stop we went out in some area where you could walk around in the sand, but the water was to your knees or so. The thing is, there were actually stingrays everywhere in the water, and they swam around us and such. I was extremely afraid of getting stung, or just accidentally stepping on one, since they were so low to the ground. After being in the water a bit, they started to brush past my legs, and for whatever reason it just scared the life outta me. Ended up getting back onto the boat while crying for the rest of the time out there.

Ever since, just looking at a stingray just gives me the chills, they're just too spooky :c.

1 person likes this

Arachnophobia. Whether they're moving, still, dead, or dying, they repulse me. I hate the way they move, and their design is so abhorrent to me. Little spiders don't bother me, but any spider bigger than a dime will cause me distress.

After I got home from work today, I went to shower. I started with washing my hair, and the first thing I saw upon opening my eyes afterwards was a small wolf spider scuttling away from me. Which probably means that it had been in my hair. How vile. The poor thing drowned, which I'm sorry for. I thought it would have been able to get out on its own, but I was wrong.

Aside from spiders, I might be afraid of heights, but I'm not sure. When I'm anywhere high, I feel the urge to look down at whatever is far beneath me, and it makes me feel weird. I think of falling, and how far it is. I don't feel any fear from it, just a lack of balance.

I'm not afraid of death at all, but I am a little scared of what comes after. Eternity is a frightening concept to me and is not something that I should think about. But it'll be okay.

ACtually there is a term for that height one Kralthe.. it's called Vertigo and i have it too.

Edited by Sᴛᴇᴇʟ Cʀᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ

My greatest fear is the one that I created—a vision that came to me in a dream years ago, yet remembered as crisply as a photograph.  An amalgamation of all my little ticks and fears, it is...to touch it is enough to make the flesh disintegrate, the blood boil, and the very human mind cry out in anguish.

...But it would take a while to recount.  As for the material world, something that genuinely frightens me is the idea of being poisoned.  Most ways to die come with ways to avoid or fight back attached, but if you're poisoned, you're going to need some very specific treatment or you're hopeless.

My greatest fear is hurting the people closest to me. Or being unable to protect them. 

This is a rather complicated thing... so i wont get into detail. But just the thought that i can't be there for someone when they really need me, it scares me more than the thought of harm to myself. 

Aside from that, not much scares me. :pinkieshrug: (emote to lighten mood of heavy post)

Edited by SpazzDragon

I have a phobia of a lot of ocean creatures, a big one being baleen whales.

I would never swim in the open ocean.

Yes! Other people that have a fear of bees! They are terrifying. And I also am afraid of heights, but in a weird way. I'm fine as long as there is a railing. If I am really high up and there isn't anything keeping me from falling, I'm terrified. It has to be really high though, and it has to be a straight drop, not a slope.