Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steel Crescent

100th Episode.. thoughts?[SPOILERS]

13 posts in this topic

So what do you all think of the 100th episode? i absolutely loved it to death.. Nice to see some things cleared up like Lyra and Bon Bon only BEING FRIENDS c:

I can see this bringing in new voice clips for bosses too. I loved Lyra's new voice and i loved bon bon's Secret agent deal xD

All in all i loved it.. I also really liked Doc Whooves character too. i think it fits well.

Fan service.  Fan service everywhere.

But it was worth it.  Oh my God, was it worth the ridiculousness just to have an episode that was as hilarious as this one.

1 person likes this

I need to re-watch The Big Lebowski. Everyone I know can quote it like the Bible, and yet I'm unable to pick up references as simple as ponified versions of them. Sigh. :P

The moment that Sweetie Drops came up, I started to doubt if this episode is cannon... still do, by the way. (And be honest, was this really a fandom thing? I do remember some theories about her being a changeling, but a secret agent for a secret canterlot monster organization? Lyra's reaction perfectly described my own reaction, as is the case for many, many others there I believe.)
Also, can we stand still for a moment that this thing (Bugbear or Bumblebear, not sure wich) came from freaking Tartarus?

I... was literally rolling on the floor at Gummy's part. So much for the hyper-on-the-inside alligator pet, rip headcanon.

Lastly, and what literally honestly dropped my jaw: There was a freaking Changeling! :delighted: (Yes, I am a huge changeling-fan changeling-title pls).

No disguise, no fear from the others, just a changeling in plain sight... I swear, if they aren't gonna do something with this, imma smack something.  :rariglare: 

All in all, episode was fun... now, let's hope that the panda-supply has stopped for now, I'm almost drowning in the things.

Edited by Koekelbag
1 person likes this

No disguise, no fear from the others, just a changeling in plain sight... I swear, if they aren't gonna do something with this, imma smack something.  :rariglare: 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they probably aren't.  The entire episode was OOC fan service and the writers recognized the terrible idea that it was.  I personality loved it, but that's because I judged it on how entertained I was throughout it.  In terms of judging it as an actual episode, it was perfectly s****y.

For one, let's head straight for the elephant in the room, both Muffins and Doctor's writing were dull and bland.  It was perfectly obvious in this case that the writers were trying to avoid drama a la The Last Rounderpup, and so made the former's lines and actions as saccharine as possible.  She was the weakest part of the episode, and Doctor was only slightly more entertaining.

BonBon's/Sweetie Drops' story was based off of a fanon idea from way back, like season one.  I honestly thought that was the worst scene ever written in the history of Gen IV MLP until someone said this.  I honestly would have preferred an anthropology joke from Lyra, but the "I need to find a crowd to blend into" line as well as the way they sailed the ship made me forgive them.

Vinyl/Octavia was kind of over the top, but I still liked their characterization.  Plus, the flood of references flowing in towards the end of their segment (Berry Punch, Twilicane, Horse Heads, and of course Gummy) were entertaining to all Hell.

Without going further into detail, yes, this was the most fun I've ever had watching an episode of MLP, but I would really love it if they never referenced it in another episode.  To use your grievance, a changeling would NEVER be allowed near so much love.  That thing probably got hit by a can of Raid as soon as Cadance and Shining caught it.  Changelings aren't coming back.

Some people still bash the episode for not making sense. I say screw those people, The fandom episode was the best! 

2 people like this

that episode was epic and hilarious. Even it was like fan episode, I wish they are more episodes of those. Awesome by the way!