Koekelbag

FNaP poll

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the FNaP hale(s)? Before you vote, please read below.

• Yes, I would like to see these Hales added in.
    • No, I would rather not have these as new bosses.
    • Eh, no opinion either way
    • What's FNaP?
    • We can test run during Halloween and revote later

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Since I really think there should be a new poll for this... well, here it is. (derp)

Anyway, before you vote (and don't really read the suggestions thread), Scootz recently revealed that the FNaP hales are (maybe) coming back. (That's Five Nights at Pinkie's, for those who voted 4)

So, awhile back we showed you the original Five Nights at Pinkies correct? Of course i'm right about that.

Well as we've been talking with the rest of the members of the community our older models didn't seem "up to par" as they are now. 

So we'll be updating these models:

ajU1dUD.jpg

(Oh god where is the hair texture)

(using chicashy as an example)

Why you ask?

Well, scary is our theme we want with this boss, originally it looked more cute rather with facial movement then we told ourselfs, "This boss is a halloween boss, we need it to look more scary, more spooky, and thus we raised our simple:

Five Nights at Pinkies

to a new version I like to call

Five Nights at Pinkies: Abandoned

Based on the Pre-Sequel Sequel to the original Five Nights at Freddys series we are creating models to match those of the worn down animatronics (to match what happened to ours :|)

I will leave you with this:

NaIIdz9.jpg

(Yes those rectangles are wires as said Subject to Change)

So, pretty much the hale is 1 person versus the rest with 6 lives.

You start off as Chicashy,

• rage_prop_buff: This is Fluttershy's or what we like to call her ChicaShy's rage ability. She drops multiple cupcakes close by and she eats it to gain some of a long list of attribute bonuses. 

Then Rarity

• rage_pickup_trap: This rage is for the Rarionette. What it does is that it makes some (not all) health kits and ammo kits turn "evil" and damage or remove ammo from players instead of healing and give them ammo. This change is permanent, and affected packs do not respawn. Another, temporary effect is that dispensers harm players.

Then RD

• ff2_speed_by_views: FoxyDash's ability. The more players view her, the slower she moves. The fewer players view her, the faster she moves. When she rages, she gets N seconds where players have their view somewhat obscured (just TV static) and she can move at maximum speed.

Twilight.

• rage_twisted_attraction: BonTwi gets a twisted version of Twilight's attraction rage. It violently pushes players into BonTwi and if close enough, they get caught in her grasp. After a delay, it does damage to everyone in a radius.

Pinkie Fazpony.

• rage_instant_teleports: Pinkie Fazpony doesn't naturally have a rage. When her rage meter hits full she gains two free teleports that don't fear her after she uses them. The user may switch from super jump to teleport by pressing the R key. She also one shots players, just like in the game, the most fearsome.

And Bananajack.

• rage_cripple_stacks: Golden Applejack (or what me and No Name like to call her Bananajack) is like a last hope kind of hale. Her rage is gained frequently, and adds a crippling stack to all non-ubered players. Each stack slows, does damage over time, and makes players more vulnerable to damage. (to compensate, she starts with a weak melee but the ability to crit) 

This is pretty much every rage, without damage numbers.

We planned on players to wait for the hale to come out and figure everything out. But it doesn't matter anymore :|

However, it's likely that some people share Col's view:

The issue with taking a vote here is that you're voting on the idea on your bias of what you like, and not on the actual product. A character/idea you don't like can be executed very well, so it's absolutely not a fair vote until you get to experience the product and look at it with a critical eye.

My point regarding if a boss should even exist if the first place has nothing to do with how it plays out. I just don't like the ideas of "ponifying anything" and making it a boss. My 2 least favorite bosses when it comes to this is Thi and Judge. Neither of the characters are related to MLP at all, and just shouldn't be bosses to begin with. I don't care how well it actually plays, why does it even exist as a boss to begin with? This is a reason why the brony fandom is despised so much, ponifying literally everything. So basically, I can make literally anything into a pony, and make it a boss, as long as it plays decently, it can get added? I just don't agree with that. If it has nothing to do with MLP to begin with, I don't see its point in existing. Said this before if I remember correctly, but if if a majority of new players don't know who a character is when they're played, why is it a boss anyways?

Sorry for rambling so much. :/

So... vote away! (These endings really need to be more creative)

Also, apologies if I've made this poll a bit... too soon.

I Would Love To See This Boss Added Because I do like the FNAF series and FNAP (Or Six Nights At Pink If you've played it) plus it would be great to see how this bosses work... only question i have is... what about Other Animationics? aka FNAF 3 and FNAF 4? will there be Ponifyed them? or no?

Like Zeke, I also have given my views on this, and it's not going to be changed.

FNaP has no place here on the servers, nor should it have ever been created in the first place.  The game itself has zero relationship with the show itself, and upon adding this in to the Hale roster, I strongly feel the quality of the servers will go downhill.

2 people like this

I'm of a different sort than Videogames. I'm pretty much immune to so-called horror games because as a programmer, I tend to look at any experience from a programmer's perspective. I have trouble truly immersing myself on anything because I'm more focused on analysis, such as picking apart the mechanics and predicting common tropes of game design. Even though I can still get lured by motivational music like one of the pied piper's children and a good storyline will distract me from said overanalysis, horror games just don't work for me. I think it's because it relies on suspense, but it's that period of "dead air" that my mind wanders into analytical mode. So when the jump scare happens, I'm already well prepared for the jump scare. "Oh, there it is", I will think before I mentally place a bet for the next trope they'll toss at me. The typical lacking of gameplay with horror games keeps me from repeating this cycle for very long.

That, and horror games always seem to go for cheap spooks aimed at children, instead of focusing on the kind of real world horror that can weigh down an adult's psyche. Yep, I'm using my "older gamer" card. I find horror from media, but I need to get it from sources that aren't specifically horror. The twist of Live-a-Live and the end of Shutter Island are good examples.

As far as its addition on VSP goes, I'm a bit biased since I did spend the effort coding the thing. So naturally I wouldn't want my efforts to be wasted.

However, as the boss currently stands, it's closer to the

than it is to Nightmare on Elm Street. A lot of things were toned down -- the SCREEEECH being heavily reduced in volume, the music associated with the boss is campy (more modern than Monster Mash, but still modern camp), the mechanics are horror themed but only light horror. I don't think there's even a drop of blood in the current incarnation.

So comparing what's there right now, in the submission sent to Raini months ago, with Appledoom would be a very unfair comparison. Appledoom from what I've seen in videos is more like a .EXE derivative.

1 person likes this

That's perfectly fine, that being said, it's still kind of trying to be horror when at most the current horror is a cartoon Pinkamena showing up during her rage, and eerie music for NMM and Pinkamena. The problem is some people can't handle horror at all. I feel the screeech being reduced is just good overall, so people don't have bleeding ears. FNaP still have the problem of feeling ponfiying a thing just because it's in right now.

I'm of a different sort than Videogames. I'm pretty much immune to so-called horror games because as a programmer, I tend to look at any experience from a programmer's perspective. I have trouble truly immersing myself on anything because I'm more focused on analysis, such as picking apart the mechanics and predicting common tropes of game design. Even though I can still get lured by motivational music like one of the pied piper's children and a good storyline will distract me from said overanalysis, horror games just don't work for me. I think it's because it relies on suspense, but it's that period of "dead air" that my mind wanders into analytical mode. So when the jump scare happens, I'm already well prepared for the jump scare. "Oh, there it is", I will think before I mentally place a bet for the next trope they'll toss at me. The typical lacking of gameplay with horror games keeps me from repeating this cycle for very long.

That, and horror games always seem to go for cheap spooks aimed at children, instead of focusing on the kind of real world horror that can weigh down an adult's psyche. Yep, I'm using my "older gamer" card. I find horror from media, but I need to get it from sources that aren't specifically horror. The twist of Live-a-Live and the end of Shutter Island are good examples.

As far as its addition on VSP goes, I'm a bit biased since I did spend the effort coding the thing. So naturally I wouldn't want my efforts to be wasted.

Sorry for this because it's going to sounding condescending, but not everyone is a programmer who's mind wanders into the analytical "How'd they program this scare" mode. Yes, I agree that today's horror games go more for jump scares and being youtuber bait than the old school psychological style horror games. My rambling at today's lack of decent horror games aside, some people just don't like horror and have some problems with current Nightmare Moon's music and Pinkamena, some just hate Five Night's at Freddie's cause almost everything has tried to run FNaF into the ground and others aren't going to see X model with Y attributes and how it breaks down with the classic horror games tropes. They're going to see Chica-Shy and be "That's a terrifying thing" and try to run away or kill it which is the best case.

Does FNaP have a place, maybe as a Halloween only type of boss. I would be fine if there was a special "Halloween" thing where it's more of the .exe loads of blood and whatnot type of thing, as long as people know what they're getting into. The major problem is if someone just connects to the server and the round goes from Tia to Woona to FNaP, you talk about a Mood Whiplash.

4 people like this

Appledoom is used for the sake of an existing comparison (rather than pulling out of nowhere) and I realize it to be an extreme. I'm saying I wouldn't want for something such as that to happen again; for a boss to be so outlier that people want to modify their client-side files can be an issue.

I more than value the time and effort the devs make around here, and I would expect no less of them than to push for the success of their own boss. Fully understandable.

If the makers of the boss didn't want it in, then who else would? (rhetorical emphasis)

As mentioned by Moonbutt: Some people can't handle horror.

I guess I rambled too much in my first post, so I'm going to repeat the important part of my post:

However, as the boss currently stands, it's closer to the
than it is to Nightmare on Elm Street. A lot of things were toned down -- the SCREEEECH being heavily reduced in volume, the music associated with the boss is campy (more modern than Monster Mash, but still modern camp), the mechanics are horror themed but only light horror. I don't think there's even a drop of blood in the current incarnation.

So comparing what's there right now, in the submission sent to Raini months ago, with Appledoom would be a very unfair comparison. Appledoom from what I've seen in videos is more like a .EXE derivative.

The point is that it's very, very watered down, much like Halloween decorations intended for children. Maybe I have to make a demonstration video to show this but it's not anywhere near the source material in terms of ability to invoke fear. Just because canned horror doesn't work very well on me doesn't mean I can't place a horror-themed work on a scale with objectivity.

That said, Scootz' desire to go with more "horrible" models may end up taking this too far. But fortunately the existing models are still saved and usable.

1 person likes this

It's legit childs play for the horror, yes we want it too at least be a halloween hale (as we have nothing else planned) but not at all is it scary.

To be honest, I am a real wimp when it comes to any type of horror unless it's played off where it's just you know it's going to happen, which is the same thing with this.

You guys KNOW there is going to be a jumpscare on death because that's what the games do, and it seems everyone here knows about FNaF and that it should be expected :/

Edited by General Scootz

I'm also saying no, but have a different reason, besides just not liking the idea of adding FNaP being added. While I do enjoy the series, I just don't see the point. I'd rather see older hales being fixed or revamped. DJ-Pon3 got revamped beautifully, as did Fluttershy. I'm hoping Applejack will get the same treatment. But I'd rather see actual MLP related things be added rather than things out of left field. To me, Sweetie Bot and Fluffle Puff are exceptions, since they're not THAT far out there. (Besides, no one is touching my Fluffle.) Not to mention there are still some bugs here and there.

Also, when I used to sing that one song, "Nightmare Night, what a fright, blah blah" during Pinkemena or Nightmare Night, people got really freaked out. What do you think is going to happen with FNAP? =/

Not to mention, I simply don't like the six lives thing. While it does seem interesting, it can be hard to keep track of, for both the hale and the players. For the hales with three lives, it seems plenty. But six? No thanks. 

Edited by Zari Puff

I'm also saying no, but have a different reason, besides just not liking the idea of adding FNaP being added. While I do enjoy the series, I just don't see the point. I'd rather see older hales being fixed or revamped. DJ-Pon3 got revamped beautifully, as did Fluttershy. I'm hoping Applejack will get the same treatment. But I'd rather see actual MLP related things be added rather than things out of left field. To me, Sweetie Bot and Fluffle Puff are exceptions, since they're not THAT far out there. (Besides, no one is touching my Fluffle.) Not to mention there are still some bugs here and there.

Also, when I used to sing that one song, "Nightmare Night, what a fright, blah blah" during Pinkemena or Nightmare Night, people got really freaked out. What do you think is going to happen with FNAP? =/

Not to mention, I simply don't like the six lives thing. While it does seem interesting, it can be hard to keep track of, for both the hale and the players. For the hales with three lives, it seems plenty. But six? No thanks. 

Hi Zari, and no nobody's taking your Fluffle away

The 6 lives thing wouldn't be too difficult after a while just because it'd be a rotation of Shy, Rarity, RD, Twilight, Pinkie, AJ, but it's just at the start or if you don't read the forums, it'd be annoying.

1 person likes this

I like to put hales into 3 categories; canon, fanon, and ponified.

Canon is obviously any character that is actually in the show. (Pinkie, Twi, Celestia, etc, etc.)

Fanon would be characters that are usually OCs that are somewhat popular in the community, and a lot of people know who they are. (Fluffle, Snowdrop, Sweetie-Bot)

Then ponified would be characters that were never related to the show to begin with, but were made into ponies for the sake of making it into a boss. (Judge, Thi)

The difference between "fanon" and "ponified" is that the fanon characters were actually made to relate to the show to begin with, and are generally fairly popular among bronies in general and actually have something to do with the show.

Even though I'm pretty sure I've made my point clear already on how I stand on this, will say one last thing. When it comes to ponifying a character to make it into a boss, I feel like it's generally just the dev team just making what they want to make, instead of what the server as a whole wants. I feel with ANY boss, a poll should be made to see if the community actually wants the boss all together. If a majority of the server disagrees with a boss existing, why would you even bother making it to begin with?

Edited by Col(gate)
2 people like this

Im gonna have to say no to this too.I would rather see more bosses like Minuette(Colgate) or a revamped Applejack or a revmaped Mare Do Well.Im mostly on Col's side when it comes to this and most of his reasons so i am not gonna take up your time with a large reason why, because Col pretty much said it for me. So sorry.. I don't want this boss in.

Edited by Athetos

Canon is obviously any character that is actually in the show. (Pinkie, Twi, Celestia, etc, etc.)

Fanon would be characters that are usually OCs that are somewhat popular in the community, and a lot of people know who they are. (Fluffle, Snowdrop, Sweetie-Bot)

Then ponified would be characters that were never related to the show to begin with, but were made into ponies for the sake of making it into a boss. (Judge, Thi)

The difference between "fanon" and "ponified" is that the fanon characters were actually made to relate to the show to begin with, and are generally fairly popular among bronies in general and actually have something to do with the show.

Even though I'm pretty sure I've made my point clear already on how I stand on this, will say one last thing. When it comes to ponifying a character to make it into a boss, I feel like it's generally just the dev team just making what they want to make, instead of what the server as a whole wants. I feel with ANY boss, a poll should be made to see if the community actually wants the boss all together. If a majority of the server disagrees with a boss existing, why would you even bother making it to begin with?

I Understand your point Col.. but i feel the choice should stick to the Dev's because they are the ones making and coding said thing.. but i do get what your saying... as for the poll thing.. if there was.. Braeburn would be gone in a flat second....Along with other bosses people hate...

As For Future Bosses and Current Bosses Removed... We need a new bosses to be put in not denyed before ever being able to come.... Nightmarity will be coming back soon but due to Raini Time (Worse Then Valve Time) Flutterbat the other removed hale may never come back.... wouldn't the hate for the Dazzling's Prevent them from ever coming?

Last thing i need to say Col is Try the Games before giving a Final Verdict... because like they say... Never Judge A Book By It's Cover...

(If I Was Rude At Any Point..I Am Sorry For Such Rudeness)

Well, it looks like my spiel about horror not working for me did indirect damage to my credibility, so I've put together an informal demonstration video since I'm thinking people don't trust my objectivity on this one:

When I said watered down, I meant watered down. No "blood skies", can barely hear the screech, and the glitch with the jump scare's animation that I can't fix makes it more funny than horror.

Long rant below, don't reply to it if you don't feel like reading the entire thing.

(I swear, the attention spans around here)

Now I'd like to post a rant since I _did_ invest a significant amount of time coding this thing. After worrying about Button being accepted back in the day, I have a policy where any non-canon hale, I get approval from Raini and/or Simple first. I did this for Sweetie Bot and Fluffle Puff. (oh, especially Fluffle, since I'd have to animate her) I don't do this for canon hales. (i.e. Starlight, Spike, Zecora)

Thi was a weird example. She was to be my first public hale release. She's the product of a huge Rise of the Triad nostalgia trip along with the fact I felt like a community leech, often asking for help on AM but not producing anything public in return. After releasing Thi, I asked for permission to essentially have Thi be my one "indulgence", much like Dredd. I swore I wouldn't request another such indulgence and I haven't -- and the community got a very unique and interesting hale out of it.

Anyway, the same goes for FNaP. I never had interest in FNaF. I saw it as a fad that would pass quickly, as the horror genre has a tendency to milk sequels until something is no longer profitable. However, Scootz and No Name love it, they've both put a lot of effort into making content for this community and there was strong community backing at the time. I told them both that this would be their one indulgence, since the community would object to too many of the "ponified" class that Colgate pointed out.

Also, FNaP had Raini and Simple's stamp of approval, so I felt it'd be safe to code.

It was done around February I think, or maybe March. That's around when the backlog began and even the canon trio (that ironically got released after the rushed Donut Steel) was a victim of this backlog. FNaP missed Scootz's desired release date that would've matched FNaF 3. I became concerned by things Raini told me privately that FNaP was holding the canon trio back, and asked her to release them and she did. Then we figured we'd push FNaP back again to Halloween since it's halloween themed.

In that time, it seems that public opinion has swayed against its release. This is what you'd call the hangover phase of any fad. What separates FNaF from FIM, Star Trek, Touhou, Star Wars, and other more enduring fandoms is hard to really place. The fact that FNaF mania probably originated from the LP king makers is one, rather than the more grassroots origin of a work that'd already been out for months if not years before exploding. (Star Trek with their local meetups which grew into conventions, MLP with 4chan and other smaller internet communities, etc.) Another thing is that FNaF really lacks the depth of these other fandoms. MLP has a high fantasy setting where beasts of burden are at the top of the evolutionary ladder, Star Trek has a quadrant of the galaxy with complex societies, languages, political systems, and so on. I could go on, but this is plenty for the discussion.

So that leaves FNaP in an awkward situation. By Halloween it'll either get a second wind with FNaF 4, or FNaF 4 will flop and it'll be as relevant as Rise of the Triad. The funny thing is that Thi and Stallione weren't met with the amount of protest that FNaP is, even though it's kind of a type 2 and type 3 hybrid (again, using Colgate's definitions) since it does use many aspects of the original Mane 6. It's more comparable to Dovashy. In my opinion, the problem is that the hangover phase of a fad comes with regret, and that regret makes people not really want to see anything associated with the original work.

In the end, I don't have much stake in this. If FNaP is rejected by the community, I can easily move their rages into a public rage pack and aside from BonTwi's rage (which is basically a twisted attraction rage based on normal Twilight's attraction), it could be used in a FNaF boss of the same ilk. What's at stake here is how this would make Scootz and No Name feel, having their one indulgence rejected due to temporary visceral reactions, ESPECIALLY after getting the stamp of approval from on high and after having the community effectively turn against them. Especially after all the work they've put in over the last year.

Oh, and by "temporary visceral reactions", I mean the hangover phase will eventually go away, and become nostalgia. "FNaF was so ridiculous, but I had fun times."

Anyway, that's my two cents along with a few extra dollars. I get that there's people who outright reject type 3, type 2.5, and even many type 2 characters. For everyone else, if you're going to reject this, reject it for the right reasons.

3 people like this

Sarysa even after reading this i still don't want them in. I have honestly never played FNAF cuz i think it's dumb. now that isn't the reason i am saying no. I am saying no for the reasons Col posted. I know you put a lot of hard work into it along with no name and Scootz but you need to come to reality and realise not all hales are gonna be wanted with open arms. Sometimes they will be rejected and it hurts. Maybe one day people will change their minds. Maybe they won't. But as it stands we do not want this hale.

Edited by Athetos

Sometimes they will be rejected and it hurts.

As I'd mentioned in my long rant, it was widely approved by both the community, Raini, and Simple. This isn't an issue of trying to bypass the greenlighting process, it's an issue with the fickle nature of people over an 8 month time frame. That makes a world of difference between being hurt and justifiably royally pissed off about it.

I Understand your point Col.. but i feel the choice should stick to the Dev's because they are the ones making and coding said thing.. but i do get what your saying... as for the poll thing.. if there was.. Braeburn would be gone in a flat second....Along with other bosses people hate...

I disagree. The choice of what bosses should be added should lie with the entire community, not just the developers.

In any case, I personally don't mind if the FNaP get added, though I'd prefer if they didn't. It doesn't fit the Ponyville vibe.

4 people like this

As I'd mentioned in my long rant, it was widely approved by both the community, Raini, and Simple. This isn't an issue of trying to bypass the greenlighting process, an issue with the fickle nature of people over an 8 month time frame. That makes a world of difference between being hurt and justifiably royally pissed off about it.

im not 100% against this sarysa.. But Rokon makes a VERY VALID POINT. Its up to the Community and the Devs.. Not just the devs. You sound just like scootz. The Devs are not the deciders of bosses and everything that happens. the Community as a whole is. End of story. If they are added that is fine. If not then im sorry i really am but thats just how we or they feel.

I don't play tf2 for jump scares, and that's not really going to change for me. I don't gain much amusement from overlays blocking out my screen (or any combination of the two). Never played FNAF, never watched a Let's Play of it. Don't ever intend to.

After watching that demo, in full honesty: whether that was added now or a year ago, that overlay on death would make me either sit the round out in spectate, or suicide on spawn. I wouldn't want to fight this hale. It's a long-winded personal issue that no one else has to give two fucks for, but I don't like spooky.

The vote seems rather irrelevant to the cause given the fact that Thi and Dredd got in without approval beyond the circle of staff who knew they existed (the people who had a hand in creating them).

I understand enough to realize the effort that goes into making a hale, but I'm sticking to my gut with the fact I would rather not see these bosses.

EDIT : If this was already 'greenlit' why is this discussion even happening? I'll play against this once, get uncomfortably scared when I see this thing staring me in the face. Client-side files are a blessing in disguise.

1 person likes this

As I'd mentioned in my long rant, it was widely approved by both the community, Raini, and Simple. This isn't an issue of trying to bypass the greenlighting process, an issue with the fickle nature of people over an 8 month time frame. That makes a world of difference between being hurt and justifiably royally pissed off about it.

im not 100% against this sarysa.. But Rokon makes a VERY VALID POINT. Its up to the Community and the Devs.. Not just the devs. You sound just like scootz. The Devs are not the deciders of bosses and everything that happens. the Community as a whole is. End of story. If they are added that is fine. If not then im sorry i really am but thats just how we or they feel.

We're not saying you shouldn't be pissed off. It's quite alright to be pissed off about it, but this is why people say "Don't give people what they think they want. They don't know what they want until you give it to them."

That being said, everyone who says "It doesn't fit", make a note, cause in 3 months when FNaF 4 and Halloween are things and the community will probably say "We want FNaP" and "we need more Halloween themed bosses" You can see why I say "Don't give people what they think they want, they don't know what they want". How this works with this current issue with FNaP, I would believe that people would want them for Halloween cause A) Halloween and B ) FNaF 4 is coming out. Where they go after that, that's up to the community to decide then and there, because the community decided "We want FNaP" and now it's "We don't"

At worst, you enable them, the community hates them and it's just a learning experience on what else you can do in the engine. I doubt people are going to go forever away because of a FNaP hero.

Edited by Moonbutt
3 people like this

Snip

Actually i know exactly what i want and do not need to be told what i want. I have never wanted a FNAF Boss. Not even a ponified one. I have already said why i don't want this boss in so im not gonna make another giant post about it.

2 people like this