Zeke Aileron™

Certain problems on VSP that needs to be clarified

41 posts in this topic

That's wondrously dumb on the players' part since they're just making the experience worse for everyone on the server.

Like i said in the topic post:

Hopefully these problems has been discussed about within the Admins and resolved with the recommended judgement to them so the people in this forum community that Constantly play on the VSP servers would like the clarified responses on these problems.

Now since you obviously have no clue on the actual issue that's being handled than i recommend not going any further without the prior knowledge from the Server Admins themselves, the Server itself, and from the players that consistently play on the server.

Yes i know the server should have an auto ping kicker plugin installed, but like Colgate said:

The only issue with this is the amount of foreign players that we actually have. Some players refuse to play on the JPN or EU server just because they would prefer to play with their friends on the Texas servers. If there was a kicker for 150+ ping, I'm sure we would lose a loooot of players.

The VSP servers values their welcome onto the server humbly, but having a plugin like that especially since alot of our players are not within the US area would hinder the player number on the Texas server including the Funbox server as well.

The only problematic reasons we have on the server is High ping players that play as the Hale(not as a Mercenary) and Ping masking, because the main difference between the high ping is this:

High ping Hale player:

1. If they were playing as a Demo Hale which has Eyelander range, it extends even beyond  the initial range if the player actually had normal ping range
  2. They're playing as a boss that can OHKO any Red mercenary as well having random criticals, having range like this is unnecessary and completely unfair to Red team
  3. Most times even if you think you've escaped from the said Hale, with the ping difference they have, they see everything a few seconds beforehand, for instance you rocketjump away while infront of them thinking yu got away safely, nope, they just smack you in your last location even though you're already in the air on your side of the screen, same with Ham jumping, Flare jumping, Sticky jumping, and Corner running
  4. Lot's of ping delay

High ping Red Mercenary player:

1. They're going to die in one hit regardless no matter how much effort the hale tries to kill you, they mainly get alot of unregistered hits to survive their death
  2. A mercenary that is playing as a Demoknight or has a Eyelander type melee weapon, they're going to have the extended range, but it's alot fairer than the Hale cause you don't do OHKO's, only a measily 195 critical dmg, that's basically just a tummy rub to the hale especially since Hales have thousands of HP
  3. They have a ping delay when playing as a Sniper, meaning their shots are going to hit more frequently than others

Now after saying the list above, alot of the players on Red team would rather have high ping players on their team rather than on the Hale side because of this, you want to get OHKO unfairly or play evenly exactly how it is on a value server dependent on ping delay.

With that said, a Ping Kicker is still great and all, but if it's going to kick players with high ping just for having high ping then that's the unfair part, I'd rather have a Auto ping mask kicker that tries to only kick those that actually are ping masking and options for any Admin on to fairly kick/ban those ping masking if the plugin fails to do so, and a high ping kicker/warning for high ping players that try to play as the Hale for those servers.

Cause i know PF2 has a auto-ping kicker for both masking and high ping players, but it still won't kick players that have high ping that are VIP/Donators because of their immunity perk they have, Hmm...

Edited by Zeke Aileron™

With your logic, we should kick out every player who has 130 ping+? 

Hmm, that's a good way to get players to join.

Also, I do enjoy some good Like Sharing.

Edited by Scootz

You all are talking like you've never had to deal with that Sniper that blows your brains out from around 7 different corners because he has like 500 ping or the Scout that's nigh indestructible because of his 200 ping and constant teleporting around.

Is it really that terrible around here to concern oneself with the integrity of the game?

You all are talking like you've never had to deal with that Sniper that blows your brains out from around 7 different corners because he has like 500 ping or the Scout that's nigh indestructible because of his 200 ping and constant teleporting around.

Is it really that terrible around here to concern oneself with the integrity of the game?

There's a difference between the Normal TF2 gameplay side, and the VSP TF2 gameplay side, and this isn't concerning the "Normal TF2 Gameplay side".

Edited by Zeke Aileron™

Gonna put in my two bits.

High ping people have been around for a long, long time. Sometimes they put in the ping mask, from what I understand, so they don't get screamed at for having such a high ping. From what I also understand, if you do put on a ping mask, even if you DO google it, it's difficult to take off. 

But banning people for ping masking? Refusing people to let play for having a high ping? And what if your ping just happens to jump because your computer or internet is being stupid? What is the server coming to? I can understand addressing certain issues, MECHANICAL issues, like with certain hales. But these are players we're talking about. The server population has gone down as it is. I don't think this is going to help it. As always, this is simply my opinion. 

:getsome:

2 people like this

In regular TF2, it is a mechanical issue with high ping players. Their hitscan becomes harder to dodge and their tendency to teleport makes it harder to damage them.

If someone is ping masking, is there any assurance they're not doing anything else shady? It's like, yeah, your face could just be cold when you walk into a bank wearing a ski mask, but will security know that?

I get that everyone is angry about persay boss implementations here, since you know if the dev had the decency to code it, they might as well fix it. Now, some things are too much fuss to fix, and so are these problems to begin with. You must realize these problems aren't old because people are lazy. They are old because they are extremely hard to fix with every party being happy.

-Ping Masking/High Ping

As Scootz said before, yes I do Ping Mask. Now, before you tirade me with insults, realize that I live in California so my ping is 40-50, and with masking it's 80-90. So then why do I ping mask? Because I have no idea how to get rid of it. Same goes with everyone else who uses this command. It's very hard to reverse, and I've tried everything, but I mean if anything, it gives me lag. And what is ping in the end really? A number. Banning people for living in a certain country who want to come over and play and have fun is so disgusting that I can't even imagine why anyone would think that. Everyone should be able to play on these servers and enjoy themselves, and not be segregated to another server just because of their location. I myself find it disgusting to be rude to players with high ping. They are the suffering party, and yet people hate them just for their internet connection. It's out of their power, and they can't do anything about it. They only hide it because they themselves are annoyed by all the crap they get from others where they harass to no end on how their ping is bad. If the community is going to go down this road to where we ban people for simple things like this, then you might as well ban me. This is not something I stand for in any way.

Edited by Holy Bird Pope
3 people like this

I get that everyone is angry about persay boss implementations here, since you know if the dev had the decency to code it, they might as well fix it. Now, some things are too much fuss to fix, and so are these problems to begin with. You must realize these problems aren't old because people are lazy. They are old because they are extremely hard to fix with every party being happy.

It'll be great if it was fixed and over with, and yes i know it's extremely hard to fix the problem to begin with. ._.

-Ping Masking/High Ping

As Scootz said before, yes I do Ping Mask. Now, before you tirade me with insults, realize that I live in Californa so my ping is 40-50, and with masking it's 80-90. So then why do I ping mask? Because I have no idea how to get rid of it. Same goes with everyone else who uses this command. It's very hard to reverse, and I've tried everything, but I mean if anything, it gives me lag. And what is ping in the end really? A number. Banning people for living in a certain country who want to come over and play and have fun is so digusting that I can't even imagine why anyone would think that. Everyone should be able to play on these servers and enjoy themselves, and not be segregated to another server just because of their location. I myself find it disgusting to be rude to players with high ping. They are the suffering party, and yet people hate them just for their internet connection. It's out of their power, and they can't do anything about it. They only hide it because they themselves are annoyed by all the crap they get from others where they harrass to no end on how their ping is bad. If the community is going to go down this road to where we ban people for simple things like this, then you might as well ban me. This is not something I stand for in any way.

Very understandable, but we're not doing it to high ping players that don't ping mask only those that actually do, and from what i learned from a few ppl on the server that i've been talking to, ping masking while living in the US area is alright to a point since their ping wasn't/isn't in the 110+ ping range that mostly everyone is complaining about, and i know ppl that actually have 5 ping on the server that aren't ping masking to begin with and there's still people that complain that about it.

Honestly it's not hard to see a ping mask in the first place, just go into your Dev Console(hopefully you have it enabled), and type ping or status and you'll see the current players on the server with their real ping, cause sometimes people with 5 ping that are actually living next to the server area or masking their ping, it's better to see the numbers first in the console instead of accusing them first without checking, cause on the scoreboard if a person with 5 ping really does live in the server area, in the Dev console it'll be rounded around 40-50ish ping which is their real ping which is normal.

Now think about this, the people on the Texas server already complain about High Ping players, but the complaining on it, which is only if they're playing as the Hale (like i said before), rarely or nothing about complaining when they're on the Mercenaries side because of the OHKO issue i said in a earlier post.

Now do you want to fight a ping masking player that is actually masking 250+ ping when they're the Hale especially a Demo hale with Eyelander range.  :ajnope:

Also it's their own consequence they receive in using a ping mask to begin with, there is a way to fix it, but that requires alot of searching or knowing someone who knows how to fix it.

Edited by Zeke Aileron™
1 person likes this

-Ping Masking/High Ping

As Scootz said before, yes I do Ping Mask. Now, before you tirade me with insults, realize that I live in California so my ping is 40-50, and with masking it's 80-90. So then why do I ping mask? Because I have no idea how to get rid of it. Same goes with everyone else who uses this command. It's very hard to reverse, and I've tried everything, but I mean if anything, it gives me lag. And what is ping in the end really? A number. Banning people for living in a certain country who want to come over and play and have fun is so disgusting that I can't even imagine why anyone would think that. Everyone should be able to play on these servers and enjoy themselves, and not be segregated to another server just because of their location. I myself find it disgusting to be rude to players with high ping. They are the suffering party, and yet people hate them just for their internet connection. It's out of their power, and they can't do anything about it. They only hide it because they themselves are annoyed by all the crap they get from others where they harass to no end on how their ping is bad. If the community is going to go down this road to where we ban people for simple things like this, then you might as well ban me. This is not something I stand for in any way.

The command for that is easy, just google cl_cmdrate default not that hard 

Edited by »Zba«☤☣Codenothing☣☤

Bug when in Pre-round people got spells and VSP weapon Stats.Bug with Stock Weapon stats.

in Pre round its kinda annoying to get killed by spell fireball in your face or by Demoknight shield.

Well,Stock Stats is stock stats.No need to explain why its bad.

Perhaps there is a way to restrict high ping players to play certain hales that do have a large range. That way they can still play but just not with hales with eyelander range.

5 hours ago, Cuddleshy said:

Perhaps there is a way to restrict high ping players to play certain hales that do have a large range. That way they can still play but just not with hales with eyelander range.

Now this is something i would highly agree on.