Aurotzel

Complaints

47 posts in this topic

While I don't play VSP, I've always personally found it irksome when the leadership of a community seems to be negligent or just indifferent when addressing community concerns. I understand people have real life issues but honestly I don't think that quite cuts it. I work 40 hours a week and have duties on the weekend and in the evening yet I can easily find time to get online for an hour or two every night and there really isn't any excuse for lack of constant updates on anything from a pf2 vanilla server or issues with VSP.  I hate to say the admins might not care, but from past community experience over the last 10 years that's often been the case.  It's extremely easy for the powers that be to hop on every few days or so and post an update or the steps they play to take to fix things.  If they really have no interest or are truly indifferent then just come on here and stay so instead of keeping us in the dark.  If you can't do that, than appoint someone who is active with the community on a weekly, if not daily basis. 

Since this dilly dallying has been going on somepony I know with huge connections to EQD, among other things has been putting tireless hours into making a vanilla pony themed server, forums, and it's virtually almost complete and has seen packed nights over the evenings when events have been posted up . He's taken the initiative during this "lack of vanilla pony server" lull and I would highly suggest Ponyville.net get on the same page lest they risk losing out. 

I can understand the unease of some of the members here and agree that people should be doing their jobs.

Edited by LQUser
3 people like this

I feel as though a fair number of the PF2 refugees have come here with the promise of a vanilla server and after a month and a half of nothing, I imagine quite a few have bailed or are thinking of bailing, myself included.

4 people like this

Can I real talk about more things here.

I know the owners stream like 24/7 to earn "income" (donations) 

But can't they take, OH I DUNNO AT LEAST AN HOUR MAYBE TWO A DAY ON THEIR SERVER. 

Like seriously, in the last 2 weeks Simple has played 2.7 hours on TF2 and Raini has played 0 hours in the last like 2 months oh I forgot, Simple doesn't even play TF2 he just sits AFK doing "balance changes" while other players ACTUALLY play on the server. 

Oh and don't get me started on stuff like weapons. We have more then 5 people who are willing to take there time for weapon balancing (Example: Me, Skeith, PBandJ, Gummy) all players who have an influence on this server and that have experience with more then just Weapon balancing where Simple says "It will take months balancing" yeah maybe if it's just you not the entire community.

We have sarysa and No Name who should have the ability to add Bosses when they are finished and remove uncessary bosses (*COUGH* Lauren Faust, Nightmare Moon, Lulu and Tia *COUGH*) and edit them at will. Let's real talk about models for a second, we submitted the Queen Chrysalis updated model 8 FUCKING MONTHS AGO. It's so dusty it makes the FNaP models look like Gods

Oh and let's go into the Admin and Moderator part of this complaint list. I'm sorry, but when you are away from a server for 1-2 years and decided it's time to play some TF2 and go on VSP no, you shouldn't have admin still but look at that! People who don't ever play STILL have admin! And what about the admins and mods we have now. 16 year olds, 17 year olds. Couldn't we oh I don't know clear up the list and get rid of the people who just have a title to now show off.

Admins, Admins, Admins. We have a MOTD use it. Stop making rediculous bans and making new rules on the fly, you guys know what i'm talking about I don't need to give an example.

Oh and one more thing, The Difference between "Server 1/Texas server" and "Autistic Funbox" These are both names used in everyday chat on VSP. Saying that "Oh, Funbox and "Server 1" are completely different servers" No, shut the fuck up. Both are servers, except one has deathrun. They all have VSP players, Same VSP bosses, same everything when admins are offline it's always the same, complain about everything wrong with the server. You all can make up and stop, please for god sakes, STOP calling it a difference. 

In the end this server is dying, and it's dying quick. So have fun kiddies! While the ride still lasts.

Edited by S̶c̶o̶o̶t̶z̶ DIO
4 people like this

I feel as though a fair number of the PF2 refugees have come here with the promise of a vanilla server and after a month and a half of nothing, I imagine quite a few have bailed or are thinking of bailing, myself included.

Ahhhh... Remember back when Vanilla servers existed?

Heh heh.... awwwwhhhh....

Rest in peace Chicago no crit/spread

EDIT: Rest in peace Dallas Vanilla also

We can probably convert the trade server in Cali to a vanilla server, but the vote map system has to go along with some of the models and such. Also the activity in that server is super duper low.

OH, I almost forgot. 

You know that "Players of the group 'The Twilight  Empire' cannot play on our servers" Bullshit. 

Yeah, we all know that communities dead, seriously, just remove that. Waists so much space in the ban list you can't even search for bans anymore.

This does nothing to address many of the issues I brought up outside of being very vague about a vanilla server and I see this as a cop out.  I know from experience on pf2 and from running my own competitive servers that the effort required to set up a vanilla server for a community would not cost me an arm and a leg when it comes to time and finances.  $20 to $30 or so bucks a month for some people (for one server) is trivial and if people want to throw down that money for a server that we can play on then why not accept it and throw it up instead of leaving us hanging?

And even if we were to get a ton of more people voicing support I have no inclination to believe at this point that anything will change.

Edited by LQUser

and if I get someone who comments about "Don't listen to scootz he always thinks about something bad happening BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Think about it for a second. Am I swearing? Am I being honest and truthful in everything? and the people viewing this can't look past what you want to believe and look at the truth? Then i'm probably not joking around.

It many cases it's not necessarily about WHAT you say but HOW you say it. 

If I have to explain something what's the point? Should be obvious i'm telling you guys something isn't happening or isn't going to work then give my valid reasons yet it doesn't matter, cause "If you guys fight enough you'll get the Owners attentions! ...Right?! ;D" 

We can probably convert the trade server in Cali to a vanilla server, but the vote map system has to go along with some of the models and such. Also the activity in that server is super duper low.

Booom Callin out the newly updated Cali server. *Slow clap*

Hopefully this will actually get noticed. I can't stress enough how sick of medic balancing is on this server or anything in general from particle effects that dont need to be there to stock syringe guns that have unnecessary damage in sacrifice of uber. I donate to this server cause I really like it but it would be nice if i got something in return for donating other than models and trails.... (dont get me wrong i still appreciate them)

Sorry if you get mad or hate me for saying this but:

People complain too much about stuff they don't like or find it too annoying like bosses and abilities, and think they should get removed cause of that. Bosses and abilities are very different and some of them are more powerful or harder to learn than others. Some of them are anti-bosses to specific classes for example:

- Celestia against snipers.

- Lyra against engies.

- Doctor Whooves against engies.

- Pinkie and Surprise against demoknights.

The interests of the bosses and abilities depends on the person, everything cant be liked by everyone.

In games, there will be always something that's annoying to some or alot of ppl.

Nothing in this server can be a 100% perfect with balance, people's interests and exploit free.

And about the owners, they have a life and after doing something for a while, they would get tired and they are busy with important stuff. And they can't give powers to "an anyone person".

Some stuff is something people will have to get over with. Not saying nothing should get changed but saying things wont be perfect and things should not get removed because people dont like it or finds it too annoying.

Again, sorry if you get mad or hate me cause of this.

1 person likes this

I'm pondering for who BlackSTURRR's comment is actually positive...

Oh look, a complaints thread, time to completely miss Colgate's intent and throw my own in:
-Spell-engies are a waste
-Spell-spies are a waste
-Spell-snipers are a waste
-Anything spell-related is a waste, actually. (But I know that spells aren't going to go. I mean, last time spells got removed, server's popularity dropped like a fly, or so I heard)
-Crossbow medics really should play medigun-meem
-Screw cloak-abusing spies.
-People, skins don't have the custom stats yet, don't use them.
-Ragespammers are... annoying
-Screw friendlies
-Why would you even mini-sentry?
-RPS is for the weak, fight like a merc!
-May airblast-only pyros burn in a special hell
-Stop shoving that medigun up that certain player's backside, overheal can save 5 out of 9 classes, ya know, and ubersharing can save all classes.
-Hiding engies make me... wait, let me rephrase, engies that hide their sentries and dispensers make me sad.

Phew, that did do good... huh.

Now, for playing devil's advocate for Colgate's first post:
-Rd is actually ridiculous bad against a team with 2 quickfix medics that overheal both eachother and their team, as well as kgb's, medics and sentries in general
-laugh on crits never were that much of a problem
-many problems that came with the gun mettle update have actually being fixed, look up that thread I made for it, ham and sandviches coming to mind
-at least spies always die in one hit now
-Not really getting that much of a terrible performance, might be a problem on your side :/

I wonder if the superadmins would also comment on this thread...

1 person likes this

Okay after a long time of being off the servers i think it's time i weighed in on this matter. Look i agree with some of the things said here and Thunder makes a good point when he says these servers will never be perfect because there will be someone who complaints about something.

Even though i have quit TF2 a couple weeks ago seeing this topic just dissapoints me to. All you guys ever do is bitch and moan like kids who can't get their damn way. I understand and agree with some of the things said here but you all need to chill the hell out.

I admit that some things are annoying too but unless they are GENUINELY CHEAP then you really shouldn't yelp about it and posting just cause you find it annoying is just plain bitching and does not help fix problems but just starts drama.

I pretty much never found anything about hales genuinely cheap(except a few things i will mention in a minute) and i have played here for 2 years and i can be a pretty bitchy guy about something GENUINELY UNFAIR.

As for the vanilla server i have no idea what is up with that and some of you said it's been almost 2 months since something was done. Anyways there is a difference between bitching about a hale just because you and a few other people don't like it and something ACTUALLY BEING UNFAIR. The only few things i can see as really unfair is the laugh crit pans for Surprise and Pinkie plus the ability for Breaburn and Pinkie to use reload rage in mid air.That's all i can say is genuinely unfair and cheap when it comes to hales.

Thank you all for reading and i apologize if im coming off as a jerk but dammit stop straight up complaining about things you find annoying rather then things that actually need fixing.

Sorry but LASTLY for the mercs i only really find spells unfair because they just do too much dmg especially with the right classes and Pyros who spam the hell out of airblast. now before someone says "well that's a pyros thing" i understand it's THEIR thing to use to defend their team but being able to spam it so quickly is bs and and easy way to get propped up by a sentry and 1/4 of your HP trying to wait for weigh down to work.I know you could use your rage to escape but by the time you activate it you already lost a ton of HP because you thought you could weigh down first.Again thank you for reading and apologies for sounding like an ass.

1 person likes this

Now, for playing devil's advocate for Colgate's first post:

-Rd is actually ridiculous bad against a team with 2 quickfix medics that overheal both eachother and their team, as well as kgb's, medics and sentries in general

-laugh on crits never were that much of a problem

-many problems that came with the gun mettle update have actually being fixed, look up that thread I made for it, ham and sandviches coming to mind

-at least spies always die in one hit now

-Not really getting that much of a terrible performance, might be a problem on your side :/

I wonder if the superadmins would also comment on this thread...

-RD can easily jump over a class being healed and hit the Medic healing, it's not that difficult. How do you overheal a Medic with a medigun that blocks healing? Sentries aren't that difficult to take down with your extra jump and rage. Seriously, it's not difficult.

-A crit stopping an uber in place? Sure, that's fair. Stopping a Demoknight after you hit his shield? Don't see how that's fair.

-The Ham was only broken because of something valve did, and valve actually fixed it with their own update, that wasn't even the server.

-Doesn't matter if spies die in one hit, it still doesn't work how its supposed to, and the Dead Ringer is completely useless. Lots of people think the speed is easily better then taking a hit anyways, since it can get you easy stabs.

-Not everyone has performance issues, but its definitely worse then vanilla TF2. Obviously it will be worse just because of how everything is, but the least they could do would be to remove all of the unnecessary particles that honestly have absolutely no reason to exist. Not everyone has a super computer, at least do what you can to increase performance. Some obvious things that ruin FPS would be Pinkamena's rage, Dovashy's rage, Luna's rage, Celestia's everything.

Edited by Col(gate)
1 person likes this

Since people have noticed I've been distant lately, I'm just going to do a brief on where I've been. I have my own issues happening and they need to run their course, said issues are independent of what's going on here. As for why I haven't been on VSP much lately...I think the long, multi-month pipeline for releasing anything has finally gotten to me. I'm not exactly in a "general state of being" of motivation, and I suppose in that moment of weakness, I've lost the ability to tolerate how long it takes my anything to get added. So I've lost the motivation to bother.

I hope it's temporary.

Now, onto a couple clarifications:

We have sarysa and No Name who should have the ability to add Bosses when they are finished and remove uncessary bosses (*COUGH* Lauren Faust, Nightmare Moon, Lulu and Tia *COUGH*) and edit them at will. Let's real talk about models for a second, we submitted the Queen Chrysalis updated model 8 FUCKING MONTHS AGO. It's so dusty it makes the FNaP models look like Gods

For the record, if I had that authority, I would only use it to update my own bosses. Saying out loud that you lack the respect for personal space and would do something like remove bosses without being asked really justifies the existing limits re: managing bosses.

Lastly, no. We're NOT getting a Vanilla server. For the last time, It wouldn't be added anyways. Remember kids #MoneyIssues

The theory was that Raini was getting a dedicated machine and could add Dallas servers with only personal time as an expense. I don't know what happened to that.

2 people like this

Snip from Steel

You might think that we're just "bitching"

but in reality we're proving a indirect point that this server is going to the thrash can if it keeps up.

You seem to be too blind to realise that. 

3 people like this

See, that's where the problem lies. If you guys are so busy with real life stuff maybe forward some powers to other people then do it yourselves.

You and Raini both are against the idea of anybody else helping. But why don't you look at that! The moment you need help the most is the moment you pull the "we're busy" card and expect people to be like "Mmmk" You guys have been "busy' for more then 8 months now and it's starting to get on my nerves and everyone elses.

Claiming that we don't listen or don't move forward on things is dishonest

You might have listened before but you are damn well not listening now. 

See, we have an ENTIRE community that can help with Weapon Balancing, Boss Balancing all that, yet you guys still refuse. Why? We have Skeith who wants to do weapons and other people could help. All you need to do is give him the power to do so. Sarysa, wants her bosses in to play why don't you give her the power to do that? So we don't have to wait and you guys can finish with whatever you both are so busy about. All these problems are fixable with just the flick of a switch. Yet as said you Refuse. 

Explain please.

4 people like this

See, I would like to address one more thing. 

How are you so busy yet, you have 57.5 hours of gaming in the last 2 weeks on steam. To compare I have 75.5 hours on steam yet that's because I ONLY play video games because of summer vacation.

Oh and 

but remember we don't get paid for this, all of your donations keep the servers running, nothing more. So when you think of it that way, it's perfectly acceptable that we have a delay in addressing current concerns.

You see Simple, I design bosses for free just as you guys do this for free. Let's use my example here, what if one day people start hating your bosses that you make for the server. You would get discouraged and wouldn't want to do stuff for the server now. This would be a perfect reason for something to get delayed. But what if you were paid? You would pay attention more to it right? Which is an awful way at looking it.  

You grew this community with Raini and even if you didn't get paid it's still your child. Treat it as it would treat you when it's older, but sadly the way it's been treated lately it's a good reason for why your child would fight back.

Edited by Scootz