Aurotzel

Complaints

47 posts in this topic

All this reminds me of PF2 all too well. I remember countless suggestions to the Heroes mod and many were in fact quite good, and DragonLight simply never seemed to have the time. Issues IRL is all well and fine for a few delays, but once it becomes apparent that nothing is going to happen for a long period of time then at that point you should give the keys to a trusted person so things can be resolved.

The reason PF2 is going under in the first place is because DragonLight has the sole ability to change things but simply will not. He refuses to let anyone else handle things in his absence and it is the real the reason PF2 is going down. I'm sure there is at least one willing individual here that can be trusted to handle some of this. An entire community has been waiting for a promised vanilla server but I can see it will not happen soon enough to retain more than a couple PF2-ers. Even if the server were to go up within an hour of me writing this post it wouldn't really matter; we've had to deal with an owner that doesn't get anything done with their server and I'm sure most of us don't want to deal with that again (whether what you say is true or not).

TL;DR give someone with the desire to change things and help out the ability to do so.

2 people like this

Can I real talk about more things here.

I know the owners stream like 24/7 to earn "income" (donations) 

But can't they take, OH I DUNNO AT LEAST AN HOUR MAYBE TWO A DAY ON THEIR SERVER. 

Like seriously, in the last 2 weeks Simple has played 2.7 hours on TF2 and Raini has played 0 hours in the last like 2 months oh I forgot, Simple doesn't even play TF2 he just sits AFK doing "balance changes" while other players ACTUALLY play on the server. 

Oh and don't get me started on stuff like weapons. We have more then 5 people who are willing to take there time for weapon balancing (Example: Me, Skeith, PBandJ, Gummy) all players who have an influence on this server and that have experience with more then just Weapon balancing where Simple says "It will take months balancing" yeah maybe if it's just you not the entire community.

We have sarysa and No Name who should have the ability to add Bosses when they are finished and remove uncessary bosses (*COUGH* Lauren Faust, Nightmare Moon, Lulu and Tia *COUGH*) and edit them at will. Let's real talk about models for a second, we submitted the Queen Chrysalis updated model 8 FUCKING MONTHS AGO. It's so dusty it makes the FNaP models look like Gods

Oh and let's go into the Admin and Moderator part of this complaint list. I'm sorry, but when you are away from a server for 1-2 years and decided it's time to play some TF2 and go on VSP no, you shouldn't have admin still but look at that! People who don't ever play STILL have admin! And what about the admins and mods we have now. 16 year olds, 17 year olds. Couldn't we oh I don't know clear up the list and get rid of the people who just have a title to now show off.

Admins, Admins, Admins. We have a MOTD use it. Stop making rediculous bans and making new rules on the fly, you guys know what i'm talking about I don't need to give an example.

Oh and one more thing, The Difference between "Server 1/Texas server" and "Autistic Funbox" These are both names used in everyday chat on VSP. Saying that "Oh, Funbox and "Server 1" are completely different servers" No, shut the fuck up. Both are servers, except one has deathrun. They all have VSP players, Same VSP bosses, same everything when admins are offline it's always the same, complain about everything wrong with the server. You all can make up and stop, please for god sakes, STOP calling it a difference. 

In the end this server is dying, and it's dying quick. So have fun kiddies! While the ride still lasts.

Hey, man. I want to ask you about one comment you made.

"I know the owners stream like 24/7 to earn "income" (donations) "

Where in the **** are you getting this information from? I am being serious. Show me. How many times has raini streamed in the past month? 

I don't get donations or income from my stream. Since the only one that streams / gets income is raini, then tell me, where are you getting that info from? Or are you just talking out of your ass to make it seem like we don't have shit happening and are just ignoring our servers while eating lobster dinners and rolling in donation money?

Because I REALLY hate people talking out of their ass about stuff like this. I suggest you change your post to reflect your lack of information about the current state of things. 

3 people like this

Well, for one I can't change my post even if I wanted to.

See, I was mostly talking about Raini on that one and my proof is all the times I get a notification saying she is streaming. Which use to be every day. From what i've researched on the subject is streamers can get a fixed income if they stream with at least 200 Viewers. 

Why the fuck did you believe I think you guys role in dough, jeez I just stated it too prove a point that you guys stream way too often and are stearing away from the community because of it.  

All in all this comment:

How many times has raini streamed in the past month? 

is irrelevant 

So no, I'm not talking out of my ass, kinda sad people always believe that but I have my research to back me up. 

Edited by Scootz

Well, for one I can't change my post even if I wanted to.

See, I was mostly talking about Raini on that one and my proof is all the times I get a notification saying she is streaming. Which use to be every day. From what i've researched on the subject is streamers can get a fixed income if they stream with at least 200 Viewers. 

Why the fuck did you believe I think you guys role in dough, jeez I just stated it too prove a point that you guys stream way too often and are stearing away from the community because of it.  

All in all this comment:

How many times has raini streamed in the past month? 

is irrelevant 

So no, I'm not talking out of my ass, kinda sad people always believe that but I have my research to back me up. 

It's relevant because you imply that we don't work on the servers and instead spend time streaming and getting donations while letting the servers fall to the curbside. It isn't true, and I don't want those kinds of accusations floating around while you pose them as facts.

2 people like this

We understand that you guys have lives, and are busy, but how things have went over time, it just feels like you guys are a bit too busy. Over time it gets to a point where we all get the feel that you guys just don't seem to care. The least you could do would be to give us updates on things, tell us when you think you can fix something, or at least respond when we mention something needs a fix or a change, but we don't get that most of the time. We feel ignored, and that nothing we says matters in the end.

1 person likes this

We understand that you guys have lives, and are busy, but how things have went over time, it just feels like you guys are a bit too busy. Over time it gets to a point where we all get the feel that you guys just don't seem to care. The least you could do would be to give us updates on things, tell us when you think you can fix something, or at least respond when we mention something needs a fix or a change, but we don't get that most of the time. We feel ignored, and that nothing we says matters in the end.

We do work on the servers, in the background mostly to keep it running. We had a discussion about this before, and what it amounts to is that we can't give too much updates because it opens a road to everything being over analyzed and criticized by people without the appropriate perspective or experience in balancing. I do post updates in the weapons thread regarding the weapons changes, which usually are the biggest changes. As far as bosses go, I will work out a way to keep you guys updated on that also without going into every single detail. 

To offset some worry and to show that we are indeed active, there was an update today to the servers that should add all the skinned weapons and change a couple of long-standing issues. It's not nearly complete, but it's just a sign that we are doing things.

I am sorry that you feel ignored, but I do read suggestions threads very closely. I get most of the weapons changes from them, and all of the new moderators come from the mod suggestion thread.

The Dallas server is coming, again, I don't know if it's tomorrow or whenever, but it's coming soon.

P.S. me playing games does not mean I haven't been busy, as games are an excellent stress reliever. Working on the servers isn't stress relieving in itself.

3 people like this

We do work on the servers, in the background mostly to keep it running. We had a discussion about this before, and what it amounts to is that we can't give too much updates because it opens a road to everything being over analyzed and criticized by people without the appropriate perspective or experience in balancing. I do post updates in the weapons thread regarding the weapons changes, which usually are the biggest changes. As far as bosses go, I will work out a way to keep you guys updated on that also without going into every single detail. 

To offset some worry and to show that we are indeed active, there was an update today to the servers that should add all the skinned weapons and change a couple of long-standing issues. It's not nearly complete, but it's just a sign that we are doing things.

I am sorry that you feel ignored, but I do read suggestions threads very closely. I get most of the weapons changes from them, and all of the new moderators come from the mod suggestion thread.

The Dallas server is coming, again, I don't know if it's tomorrow or whenever, but it's coming soon.

P.S. me playing games does not mean I haven't been busy, as games are an excellent stress reliever. Working on the servers isn't stress relieving in itself.

We actually do care about the miniscule details that are changed, I love to know exactly what is changed. When TF2 updates, I check the patch notes right away. From what I remember, when you post in the weapons thread about things being changed, you just list what weapons you change, but not what STATS you change. Personally, I really do care about what specifically is changed with each weapon, and even bug fixes I care about, details and all. You guys don't seem to realize how much people care about this, the lack of knowing when things get changed just makes it feel like you guys don't care enough to tell us.

4 people like this

I think, in short, what Col is trying to say is that we wish updates were announced with clarity, i.e. in the form of a new thread each time a new update is made, say in threads titled something like, "Servers Update #/##," where "#" stands in for the date, so that the updates are:

1. Organized front and center at the top of a unique thread, as to keep the new info from being buried down in say, page 28 of a long-standing page.
  2. Popping up in the recent topics column, so folks logging in can see there's an update from right there at the top page of the forums.
  3. Can be more readily compared to other server updates, without again, surfing through one long singular thread.
  4. Easier to moderate.
  5. Contain all the details of how the weapons were changed this update, not just "x weapon(s) were changed this update."

Based on what I've seen with PF2, trust me, folks WANT to see the minutiae, whether it's Valve or server updates.

How about making the vsp-button (you know, that buttone between "ponyville.net" and "forums") actually do something, preferably what is quoted above,  since clicking it doesn't seem to do anything other than redirect you to the page you currently are on?

How do you overheal a Medic with a medigun that blocks healing? 

Ehrm... you switch to the weapons that don't block healing, like needleguns and melee's? I wasn't saying that the medics should overheal eachother at the same time, just one after another so that they don't instantly die whenever RD goes for them... wich also works for other hales that don't have a 400% damage boost, funnily enough.

Edited by Koekelbag

Speaking of shades of PF2, DL would often respond to threads like these with just enough to get the community off his back a bit. Not saying that's what's happening here, but it is a possibility.

On top of whatever work the servers need, I think the forums need a spring cleaning. I see pinned posts that are no longer relevant or haven't had a reply in so long that it'd be better to start a replacement post just so new replies aren't disconnected from OP by like 2 years.

Speaking of shades of PF2, DL would often respond to threads like these with just enough to get the community off his back a bit. Not saying that's what's happening here, but it is a possibility.

On top of whatever work the servers need, I think the forums need a spring cleaning. I see pinned posts that are no longer relevant or haven't had a reply in so long that it'd be better to start a replacement post just so new replies aren't disconnected from OP by like 2 years.

Also, on the front page of THIS VERY SITE, you can't call news "Latest News" if you posted it two years ago (July 7th, 2013, to be exact):awesomecheer:

Simple has spoken on my behalf in this thread.

I do not know what more I can say at this point. PF2 merging with us wasn't exactly "planned", so I feel it is unfair to hold me to a schedule in meeting the demands and requests of players from that community within a month of our merging. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about the people from PF2 who had valuable suggestions and contributions to make. It just means I'm trying to work a lot of my time constraints around fixing some pre-existing issues within the Ponyville community at the moment which take priority over the requests of PF2 players for a server meeting their specifications. I have a lot on my plate right now and none of this can be done with the flip of a switch. It will take me time. We have been making progress, it is just taking longer than it would under ordinary circumstances. I can only ask that people continue to be patient.

3 people like this

Simple has spoken on my behalf in this thread.

I do not know what more I can say at this point. PF2 merging with us wasn't exactly "planned", so I feel it is unfair to hold me to a schedule in meeting the demands and requests of players from that community within a month of our merging. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about the people from PF2 who had valuable suggestions and contributions to make. It just means I'm trying to work a lot of my time constraints around fixing some pre-existing issues within the Ponyville community at the moment which take priority over the requests of PF2 players for a server meeting their specifications. I have a lot on my plate right now and none of this can be done with the flip of a switch. It will take me time. We have been making progress, it is just taking longer than it would under ordinary circumstances. I can only ask that people continue to be patient.

So we can all agree that DL is to blame for this CF?

Thanks DL!!

2 people like this

Welp, if Scootz did indeed quit the community as I heard, then that basically hurts the morale of the other devs, making them lose motivation to even do things for the server, potentially causing all 3 head devs to leave VSP. Without developers mean barely no new content, and barely no new content means the server will turn stale without new bosses, and then the regulars would probably hate not having new content, and they then leave to another community, and if that person was a donator, it hurt's Raini's/Simple's donations, less donators = a cheaper server, meaning that it will have 24 slots, and it would probably be a bit more laggy (assuming Raini never even uses the dallas dedicated machine) And if barely anyone plays, their last ditch effort would be covering this site and the MOTD with ads, which sucks. R.I.P. The Future of Ponyville

OH FUCKING WONDERFUL! It's another PF2 situation. I swear!

I have a feeling that the previous post wasn't meant to be taken seriously in its entirety

Edited by VictiniStar101

OH FUCKING WONDERFUL! It's another PF2 situation. I swear!

I have a feeling that the previous post wasn't meant to be taken seriously in its entirety

oh.... then i retract my statement!

Just to deflate the doom and gloom going around, I have no plans to quit.

That said, I've been putting out things at an unsustainable rate. (most of my coded bosses require dozens of hours of work, and that's just the part I played) I'm in the midst of a hiatus period to be honest, and I still wonder if Scootz misread the signals I was putting out.

The reality of the situation is I've been neglecting my real life. Once I get that fairly sorted out, I'll be more active again.

Welp, if Scootz did indeed quit the community as I heard, then that basically hurts the morale of the other devs, making them lose motivation to even do things for the server, potentially causing all 3 head devs to leave VSP. Without developers mean barely no new content, and barely no new content means the server will turn stale without new bosses, and then the regulars would probably hate not having new content, and they then leave to another community, and if that person was a donator, it hurt's Raini's/Simple's donations, less donators = a cheaper server, meaning that it will have 24 slots, and it would probably be a bit more laggy (assuming Raini never even uses the dallas dedicated machine) And if barely anyone plays, their last ditch effort would be covering this site and the MOTD with ads, which sucks. R.I.P. The Future of Ponyville

Please refrain from making such blanket statements about "the future of ponyville" and speaking for the other developers. I've had it up to here with the doom and gloom posts lately, just because one member of the dev team quit. Ask around and you will quickly learn that the development team is largely unchanged. Extrapolating towards death of ponyville while making assumptions that there will be less donators, more lag, and no new content is absurd.

3 people like this