Steel Crescent

Clean TF2

9 posts in this topic

Tired of Particle effects ruining your TF2 experiance? Tired of all those annoying miscs dropping your frames too? Well i have your solution and it's something i used while i played and boy does it help.

It's called Clean TF2 and comes with quite a few mods that remove effects,Textures and other uneeded things to greatly improve FPS. This can remove so much crap hopefully this will be a good temp solution for anyone having problems and a perma solution to those who just need a FPS boost in generall. WARNING A CERTAIN MOD WILL CHANGE FOOTSTEP SOUNDS TO NOTHING BUT METAL. TO FIX THIS DO NOT INSTALL THE SURFACE PROPERTIES MOD. Thank you and enjoy! Lastly this is ALL ONE MOD FOLDER that comes with ALL THE MODS. So every mod you need and don't need comes in a folder NAMED CLEAN TF2. Anyways Enjoy!

LINK: http://www.teamfortress.tv/21756/prism-hud-clean-tf2

Edited by Steel Crescent

Scoots they are SEPERATE MODS. and can each be installed one by one.. If you just wanna remove hats and particle effects and what not you can.. No one is forcing you to strip the game of it's life. tho i kinda like that look.

Most of us in competitive UGC/ESEA Used chris configs or Clean TF2. It does help out alright removing out particles/gibs/ragdolls

EDIT: http://clugu.com/tf2mate/

Just customize your preferences and pretty much easy as that. Or just download Mr.Slin's HUD/Configs. Can just scan through his folders to just pick what you want or edit.

(Slin HUD and Configs) http://www.mediafire.com/download/vi11wgl2xlh7gc1/Slin+HUD+and+Config+-+July+4+2015.rar

Isn't this disabled on Valve servers because of sv_pure?  Personally, I think a better way to increase your performance is using modified configs, so that you can play on all servers

Thanks for the information though

Edited by VictiniStar101
1 person likes this

You make a fair point Victini but for the most part everyone here plays a custom server but like i said you make a fairly good point. Anyways it still helps if your a custom server only guy or girl like i was especially with the promise of a Stock server coming here one day..

Isn't this disabled on Valve servers because of sv_pure? Personally, I think a better way to increase your performance is using modified configs, so that you can play on all servers

Thanks for the information though

Unless it's been patched out, there are workarounds to getting some things loaded in sv_pure 1/2 servers. The easiest is to just pop open your console after loading TF2, type map cp_badlands, let that load, and then connect to the pure 1/2 server. That method only loads certain mods, and may have been patched out. I know harbl's no hat mod needed that for pure 1/2 servers for a while at least.