Jabby stabby

Quadruped models tf2 (sorry if wrong subforum)

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody here know how to use the quadruped playermodels via client-side instalation? I really want to use the quadruped playermodels as the normal player models. I am aware that the hitboxes will be very weird because of it, but I can always uninstall it. If anybody could give me some form of a guide or a page with a guide (the page you download it from did not help/work) I would very much appreciate it.

Edited by Jabby stabby

Does anybody here know how to use the quadruped playermodels via client-side instalation? I really want to use the quadruped playermodels as the normal player models. I am aware that the hitboxes will be very weird because of it, but I can always uninstall it. If anybody could give me some form of a guide or a page with a guide (the page you download it from did not help/work) I would very much appreciate it.

i can help you here... i did a topic on how to install The Boss Models as your models rather then the normal mercs...

first you gotta go to your downloads folder..

then to Models..

Then Look for the PoniPlayers Folder.

Find the files by the ponies you want...

Copy them.

go to your custom folder..

make a new folder in it called custom_models.. then withen it make one called models.. then on in it called player.

in the player folder copy said files of the Quad Model you want... let's say Fluttershy.

Her file name with be something like "fulltershy.dx90.mdl" remove the Fluttershy pary and replace it with the clas you want here to overwrite... like "scout.dx90.mdl"..

do that with the rest of the files only removing the fluttershy part.. nothing more nothing less..

then in game checked the class you wanted to overwrite.. and bam it should be a pony...

you can also do this trick with VSP Boss Models...

i do have a Video up on youtube call tf2 how to use jug's custom pony models if you rather watch it.. my youtube name is Aria Blaze..

Note:Have the Pony boss models or Quads can cause crashes if you go to Valve Servers or other custom servers.. best play with them on VSP because your chances of a crash are next to none because the server normaly has said models...

If you do wanna go to a Valve Server open up your console and Type this. mp_usehwmodels 1... it will load the normal models and make it where you can go to a valve server with little to no issue...

hoped this helped ya...

Edited by Squishy
1 person likes this

i can help you here... i did a topic on how to install The Boss Models as your models rather then the normal mercs...

then to Models..

Copy them.

make a new folder in it called custom_models.. then withen it make one called models.. then on in it called player.

in the player folder copy said files of the Quad Model you want... let's say Fluttershy.

Her file name with be something like "fulltershy.dx90.mdl" remove the Fluttershy pary and replace it with the clas you want here to overwrite... like "scout.dx90.mdl"..

do that with the rest of the files only removing the fluttershy part.. nothing more nothing less..

then in game checked the class you wanted to overwrite.. and bam it should be a pony...

i do have a Video up on youtube call tf2 how to use jug's custom pony models if you rather watch it.. my youtube name is Aria Blaze..

Note:Have the Pony boss models or Quads can cause crashes if you go to Valve Servers or other custom servers.. best play with them on VSP because your chances of a crash are next to none because the server normaly has said models...

If you do wanna go to a Valve Server open up your console and Type this. mp_usehwmodels 1... it will load the normal models and make it where you can go to a valve server with little to no issue...

hoped this helped ya...

Thank you, It certainly did help me get the playermodels! But, one small problem, when I load the game, all I see is the purple and black missing texture, I'm sure it has to do with the shared materials folder that I also found in the downloads page, if you wish to see a screenshot of the problem you can see my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotmemes

then to Models..

Copy them.

hoped this helped ya...

Thank you, It certainly did help me get the playermodels! But, one small problem, when I load the game, all I see is the purple and black missing texture, I'm sure it has to do with the shared materials folder that I also found in the downloads page, if you wish to see a screenshot of the problem you can see my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotmemes

Quite odd.. did the files have any V2's or what not next to them?.. i would love to get onto my PC and test it for my self but i'm very busy so i can only post every so often from my xbox 360...but if they did have a V next to them get the Highest V there is... if you wanna make sure it's not them try a boss model.. just make sure you know what boss model goes on who... Also what Dx Level are you on? because if on Dx 80 your ponies will be made of Fire... Last thing i need to ask... did you remove anything from the files name other then the name of the pony?

Edited by Squishy

then to Models..

Copy them.

hoped this helped ya...

Quite odd.. did the files have any V2's or what not next to them?.. i would love to get onto my PC and test it for my self but i'm very busy so i can only post every so often from my xbox 360...but if they did have a V next to them get the Highest V there is... if you wanna make sure it's not them try a boss model.. just make sure you know what boss model goes on who... Also what Dx Level are you on? because if on Dx 80 your ponies will be made of Fire... Last thing i need to ask... did you remove anything from the files name other then the name of the pony?

I was using V8, but it did not list a V next to the name. I am using Dx 90. The FF2 models seem to work perfectly (besides glitching models on hats/weapons but thats normal) So I do believe I should work on getting the shared materials in place. I did not change anything other than the name, all the dx90.vtx and stuff like that are intact.

then to Models..

Copy them.

hoped this helped ya...

I was using V8, but it did not list a V next to the name. I am using Dx 90. The FF2 models seem to work perfectly (besides glitching models on hats/weapons but thats normal) So I do believe I should work on getting the shared materials in place. I did not change anything other than the name, all the dx90.vtx and stuff like that are intact.

k making sure... when ever i've put pony quad model in as a model it would work perfectly with little to no problem...if you want.. i can make a zip folder for you tommorow with the Ponies you want on the certain models you want them on.... oh yeah i just remembered something.. were there any doubles of Pony files.. like you saw.. "rainbowdash.dxlvl 90.mdl" then a "rainbowdash.dxlvl 90.mdl 2? if so use the 2 one rather then the first one.. it should work then...

Edited by Squishy

then to Models..

Copy them.

hoped this helped ya...

k making sure... when ever i've put pony quad model in as a model it would work perfectly with little to no problem...if you want.. i can make a zip folder for you tommorow with the Ponies you want on the certain models you want them on.... oh yeah i just remembered something.. were there any doubles of Pony files.. like you saw.. "rainbowdash.dxlvl 90.mdl" then a "rainbowdash.dxlvl 90.mdl 2? if so use the 2 one rather then the first one.. it should work then...

Well I tried downgrading to version 7 and all the models seem to work now, thanks for the help though!

1 person likes this

then to Models..

Copy them.

hoped this helped ya...

Well I tried downgrading to version 7 and all the models seem to work now, thanks for the help though!

No Problem... enjoy thy ponies!!