Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koekelbag

Do/did you play TF2?

Do you play?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently play tf2 (and/or vsp)?

• Yes, I play tf2 (but not vsp).
    • Yes, I play tf2 (including vsp)
    • No, but I used to play tf2.
    • No, I never played tf2.
    • I only play VSP in tf2. (idk, people do that :/)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Just a simple poll, curious about how many people on this website (that vote) actually play the home of our beloved VSP.

Edited by Koekelbag

I played a lot of VSH years ago when the gamemode was having its few beginnings, then I went back to casual playings of CP or Payload with friends.  Once I heard word/found out about PVnet, I traversed over here and started to get back into enjoying VSH as a whole--but with new people!

The first things I played on TF2 were Orange and Mario Kart maps and then I didn't play it for a long time until I got invited to play a vanilla map and shortly after I was invited to a VSH server and then TF2 quickly became my most played game for it's mods. Those many hours playing I was eventually lead to this community after a similar one died, I also feel like vanilla has become more enjoyable in recent times so I've been playing that more than server mods like VSP.

I only put "including vsp" cause of the rare occasion of actually getting on vsp and playing. Not a fan of it though.

The only reason I play TF2 anymore is for VSP. Started off playing on Pony Fortress 2 back in 2012 or so. Loved it for all the silly pony stuff, and found VSP several months later.

There was no going back. VSP was the funnest thing in the world to me 2 years ago. I still like it, but it's not the same anymore. Oh well :<

I currently don't play TF2 right now because I can't get item drops anymore due to my steam account being wrongfully flagged

Only really play vsp lately other then for the Gun Mettle contracts. Too bad that ended today, so now mostly just vsp. I would play pubs more if it wasn't for the fact that I get like 25 fps most of the time right now, so I don't really want to bother with anything but vsp. MvM is fun too, but after I hit my 100th tour, I just decided to take a break again.

usually play a mixture of regular pubs and mod gamemodes.

started way back in 2010 with prophunt, then jumped over to the Wario Ware mod and Advanced Weaponiser.

started playing on the Pony Fortress 2 servers in 2013, and jumped shipped to here in July 2014.

Recently though have been cutting my TF2 time down a bit to focus on other things only really jumping on to play pubs / do contracts with my brother. VSP has been falling off recently for me (see variety of bosses thread) as well as some of the newer people that have been on the servers lately and some of older ones that haven't been on.

I'll probably play more when an update hits whether its TF2 or VSP (heh...)

TF2 is just a barren cow that Valve is desperately trying to milk, its only a matter of time before they try n' milk my poor CSGO.

My opinion of TF2 actually counters Jug's sentiments to some degree. It's slowly dying, but in the way that we're all slowly dying. (and I'll assume hardly anyone here's above 40, so that's the context I mean it in) VSH children are still going strong, and even though I've had to shift my focus away from modding lately, there'll always be someone to step in...even if they're not in this community. (hell, most of VSP's old bosses came from public rages, and we've seen tons of new public rages in the last 2 years)

TF2's a good modding platform. It has a lot of flexibility and the diverse classes give us way more options than any other Valve IP. I think the vanilla community will die faster than the mod community, which shouldn't scare Valve much because it's players of mods in tight-knit communities who'll have more motivation to buy their fluff.

TF2 still sits comfortably in the #3 spot on Steam. In recent memory, only GTA V and that last Terraria update were able to knock it out of that spot. That doesn't exactly sound like a dying game. The TF2 team is set to address 2 of the major complaints about the game (poor performance and a lack of matchmaking) in the next year or so. Data from matchmaking is going to be used to balance weapons/classes. I've heard new employees at Valve are very interested in working on TF2. I really don't think the game is dying. I think it's more that the intersection of TF2 and MLP is dying or maybe just changing.