11 posts in this topic

I hated it.

:c

I haven't really played the maps, but everything else is boring.

The cosmetics are all mehhh, except the Sniper set, and the reskins are well.....reskins.

The pass is completely worthless to buy, unless you manage to sell crates for a lot on hype. Other then that, it has literally no use, unless you want to just support the makers of it.

Oh yeah, we got some more broken crafted weapons though, I got the craft #56 Star Shooter. :3

Discuss or something, I dunno. 

3 people like this

I could say the maps were not so good.

2Fort Invasion: A reskin of 2Fort but alien themed and with the alien bombs acting like pumpkin bombs.

Byre: An unique small Arena mode map, but with objectives which can be rushed as hell.

Probed: Koth map, meh was okay. Nothing special about it then going inside the Ufo sometimes and then out.

Watergate: A new gamemode, better than the other maps though. Alot of places you can get killed from behind because there's many ways to go.

And yes reskins only, like alot of the recent updates. Seriously Valve.

Small update. Wouldn't call this a major update.

Edited by ThunderRunner

Invasion is a community update. I think Valve would rather keep weapon stats exclusive to themselves.

Also, Pyro got a space hamster.

Edit:

We're on the cusp of matchmaking. One of the goals of matchmaking is balancing weapons. Introducing new weapons right now would be a bad idea.

Edited by Steamworks
1 person likes this

It just felt overhyped, so it wasn't very fun. The maps are fine I guess, but one is just a reskin, and the rest just feel like Halloween style maps to me, so I wouldn't bother taking them seriously. Mostly just disappointed because the pass is completely useless, all you get is crates from it. You literally pay 2 bucks so you can get crates. Why?

1 person likes this

one of the worst updates i have ever seen. Im with Col. The maps are okay(watergate sucks balls).

They could have done so much more with this. Making space themed weapons with some fun little features but they chose not to. This update sucks.

In spite of not gaming, I did watch the video. I like how they incorporated voice acting without using any of the original voice actors...it was something that was conspicuously, but understandably absent from End of the Line. (and something I probably wouldn't have thought mentioning if not for EotL being a silent film)

Which begs the question...how the potential video game voice actors strike will affect voice acting in community trailers. I know the film industry's major publishers are required to use union actors, but this could be the seed for similar requirements in the games industry. A bit of a tangent, but meh. (plus in the end, this could theoretically hurt certain indie models far more than Valve)

Edited by sarysa

So what all were you guys expecting? I was expecting an SFM video (check), new maps (check), new cosmetics (check), crates/keys (check), a new gamemode (check), and weapon reskins (check).

I'm not expecting anything game changing until matchmaking.

Mostly disappointed because of how hyped it was. Everyone was all excited, then it ended up getting delayed. The delay ruined the hype, so when it came around, I honestly wasn't all that excited. I didn't even play the maps day one because of it. Realized that it was just more reskins and mostly bad looking cosmetics, so I lost interest early on.

Also, I feel like the maps will be dead after the update is over. You can't force a theme on a map and expect people to keep playing it. It makes it feel like a gimmick, so it will lose popularity over time. Especially 2spookyfort. What's the point of playing a reskinned one after the update? They feel like Halloween maps to me, which is why I don't think they'll be played at all after a few weeks.

tl;dr

Overhyped, not "real" maps.

I'm just dissapointed that, seeing how big some of these ufos got (watergate comes to mind), there wasn't a map that was... you know, entirely inside an ufo. (The one from probed was waaaay to small.)

Eh, made some money selling the crates on the market, at least one good thing for me.

Edited by Koekelbag