Karlamena

"Vsh_beach_xsp1b1" should be removed.

11 posts in this topic

Not to mention the underwater cave that newer players have no idea exists. Have had to tell hales where players were countless times because they were down there, and people didn't know it existed.

Easily my #1 most hated map on the server. All for removing it.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Karlamena said:

The beach map is bad and should be removed from the map rotation.

First off, the map has a lot of bad geometry. There are lots of hills, and slopes, making movement for non-super jump hales difficult. It's only further made difficult by the fact that some areas that look like they're passable, cannot, in fact, be passed. I'm not sure if I'm explaining what I mean very well, but basically, there are some areas that you'll just hang on when trying to move on.

Secondly, the map is terribly bright and hard to look at. If you're not playing in DirectX 8, the map is crazy bright, especially the sky. It's very difficult to see super-jumping hales due to the brightness.

Third, and perhaps least fun of all, the map promotes stalling. All those previously mentioned slopes and hills allow Persian persuader demoknights to charge around the map, fly around, and just avoid the hale. This happens literally every time this map is played. Maybe not every single round, but a lot of them.

That's not fun to watch. It's stalling, it's a waste of time, and it's against the rules because it's stalling. I think it'd be a bit silly to ban everyone who's ever done it on this map, as the map itself promotes stalling, so it'd really be best if it were just removed entirely.

Here's a small glimpse of what happens on this map every time a Persian persuader demoknight is last alive. And there probably will be one.

I Totaly Agree About Everything.On EU Server Its Happend Everytime(About Stalling Demos)

3 hours ago, Aurotzel said:

I Agree,Map is awful and Blah Blah.But my most hated map is Oilrig.I dont think i need to say something more about Oilrig.But hey its Topic about beach not the Oilrig right?

On 13.2.2016 at 5:45 PM, Aurotzel said:

Not to mention the underwater cave that newer players have no idea exists. Have had to tell hales where players were countless times because they were down there, and people didn't know it existed.

There are always engies building sentries in that cave which is very hard to reach and requires rage.

In the same time as being hard to find for new players, it's an unfair spot.

On 14 February 2016 at 8:03 PM, ThunderRunner said:

There are always engies building sentries in that cave which is very hard to reach and requires rage.

In the same time as being hard to find for new players, it's an unfair spot.

What are you talking about?Its Totaly Fair Spot *Sarcasm*

PS: There was 3rd sentry but I didnt screenshot it cuz Im stupid >.<

2015-05-09_00001.jpg

Edited by Tuil5

This has happened a few times and nothing makes me want to throw my computer out the window more than hearing.

"Hey guys lets all go demo and practice trimping on beach, its a really cool map vote for beach guys!!!!"  During a map vote.

After being raged or neighed down to death I get the reward of sitting down and watching 5 demos sit and delay the round and have most of the server cheer them on and laugh at how funny it is to sit and wait for a billion years to play a round while being called salty because i'm no fun and since I complain that the demos are wasting everyone's time because they just want to practice those l33t trimping skills. 

Remove it please.

2 people like this

Its also extremely bright for no good reason, And the water is impossible to see through unless you're IN it. +1 vote to removing a bad map? Yep.