Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starlight Dreemurr

I need to know

2 posts in this topic

As we all know the staff that are on are there to help enforce the rules but what happens if a staff abuses their power. The rules say that we basically can't argue let alone defend ourselves and I want to know who should i talk to in case it were to happen.

Admins have the authority to exercise their own discretion when enforcing the rules of our servers and are granted access to a limited range of powers necessary to that purpose. A complete list of these powers can be viewed under [Staff] Admins and Mods - Powers and Restrictions.

If a disciplined player feels that their case merits further scrutiny, they can file an appeal via the Ponyville Ponitentiary or post a thread on our designated Ban Submissions/Protests board. Appeals posted in this manner will be reviewed by the majority of our staff. Although we review and respond to every appeal, we rarely publish our reasons for approval or denial. This is because cases often involve extenuating circumstances or evidence which cannot be published out of consideration for the privacy of others; oftentimes including the appellant themselves.

The unpopular nature of Admin work invites acts of retaliation and recrimination. It is not uncommon for Admins to be ignorantly accused of abuse whenever they exercise their powers on our servers to enforce the rules. This does not mean that we do not take reports of admin abuse seriously. If we conclude, based upon a preponderance of submitted evidence, that an Admin could have abused their powers, then we will investigate the report quite thoroughly. This evidence can be submitted in the form of an appeal. If discretion is a concern, this evidence can be submitted directly via forum PM to any of our Admins or Super Admins. A complete list can be found under [Staff] Complete Admin/Moderator List.

I hope that this has answered your question.