Firestar322

How is this server doing?

8 posts in this topic

So, i keep hearing people telling me this server is dead. Is it true, or are the owners, coders and employees going to come back?

Yep, is pretty dead now, if you want to make a popular thread i recommend you use Derpibooru, EQD forums or MLPFORUMS

I don't know what you're talking about, but the server is still doing somewhat fine, the forum is pretty dead but that's about it. It's got less traffic than it used to, but plenty of people still play on the servers.

I mean. with all the issues on the servers now days, we could say its on a steady decline :D

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

I mean. with all the issues on the servers now days, we could say its on a steady decline :D

Well, yeah, it is, but that doesn't mean it's going to die anytime soon. You can save a decline :P

6 hours ago, Emerald Streak said:

Well, yeah, it is, but that doesn't mean it's going to die anytime soon. You can save a decline :P

But who is going the be this great savior? And better yet, is it really worth saving? 

On that note doe, when it comes to most of the bugs due to the tf2 updates I could perhaps help out if there are issues with coding and such, but from the past Raini and Simple doesnt seem to like others looking too much at their coding and stuff.

Just now, Kyle said:

But who is going the be this great savior? And better yet, is it really worth saving? 

On that note doe, when it comes to most of the bugs due to the tf2 updates I could perhaps help out if there are issues with coding and such, but from the past Raini and Simple doesnt seem to like others looking too much at their coding and stuff.

Eh, they probably have their reasons. I want to help but I'm not that knowledged in SourcePawn. And is it worth saving? That depends from person to person doesn't it?

The biggest issue with the servers right now is the fast download. I am working on fixing it now. But at the moment, nobody can download models or maps, which is a huge problem. This began about 10 days ago. I've switched the servers to stock maps in the meantime.

Regarding bugs, there are some that have been reported which are literally issues within TF2 itself. If even Valve will not fix these issues, it is unrealistic to expect us to fix them. I can only address balancing issues with VSP and Bosses.

Simple and I have been away from TF2 for so long that if we are to begin addressing bugs and balancing issues, we need help from the community to do it. I have asked, multiple times, for people within the community to help with compiling a list of known issues. Whenever we have done major updates in the past, we've relied on Google Docs and bullet points with a list of fixes. Just saying, "things are broken" doesn't tell us much. What we need to know is what people find broken and how they expect us to fix it. Unfortunately, many people have different opinions about what is "broken" balance-wise, so it is difficult getting any consensus from players about it.