Mena

vsp is sliding into the garbage can, boiz ( =implying it was not alredy)

18 posts in this topic

well uh.. lets see.. broken hales, steam id gets ignoredd, broken stats, donations are dead, item server dipped, map bugs, hale points set to 0 for everyone which means that only one person can play hale unless he leaves the server xd

like boiz.. the server is broken for like a year now. if you just dont want to keep it goin, might as well give up the ownership to someone else or idk. close the servers xd

thikk.jpg

3 people like this

Or just anything that's technically and hilariously broken

cough able to pick up ammo with spells now and them having no downsides what so ever in EU triple cough

Tho.

>Implying "something" could be fixed if we let it out on the forums 

12222.png

2 people like this

So.. I doubt people remember me since I got banned nearing two years ago and I was one of the devs for the server. (I made an account just to post in this thread and I'll probably be banned again immediately for posting this)

Me (Scootz), No Name and Sarysa created bosses for this server.

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GeneralScootz/ (or ask No Name since I'll be posting this to him)

I was the head designer, I couldn't model or code so I left that to No Name and Sarysa.

and the reason for my ban was "Doomsaying" the server due to the incompetence of the head admins.

This server has been in the Trash for much longer before I got banned and it all started when the admins stopped really caring about it.

We used to have models that we had to wait 8 months before even being added and some not even added at all which made the experience for the players a whole lot more boring since we had a bunch of ideas we were willing to create and make for the server so it would live on past its expiration date, however, Raini and Simple never cared enough to implement everything we had for this server.(We had a completely updated chrysalis model, class model updates, new hales and even updates to old hales)

They would never listen to the community for feedback, gave all the power to the admins to do everything except actually work on the server itself so content was never there and people who WANTED to work on the server were ignored.

So pretty much, this server is dead due to the lack of support from the head admins, Raini and Simple. They have been terrible server owners throughout their years running this server and in my opinion, even though I loved this server very much back in the day and would play every day an animal needs to be put down eventually.

Edited by Scootybooty
3 people like this

I heard about raini and simple not really giving one but that it's this bad.. rip I suppose? Honestly I don't quite understand this. What's the point of them owning all of this, when the only thing they are actually doing is letting Everything burn which could have been something great. I play on vsp because it's an unique and fun vsh server. Like if they are simply to lazy to do shit, there are people who can code in the fucking community. Like just as example captain mo or pinkamena . Like wtf . Only think left to say here that the server is absolutely broken now. Either they start to do shit or it's dead end tbh

mena.png

Edited by Mena
1 person likes this

Oof.

Anyway, considering how much time it has passed, it would've been a bit better for them to do some sort of damage control (hell, even now could be even a decent time to put it out!), and thinking how everything is extremely broken and buggy, e.g. Sarysa's sub- / plugin for Starlight Glimmer is not working like it's supposed to, whilst other hales that have this capability are still well with it.

Minions (Chrysalis and Pinkie Pie) are broken and invisible if the player has any sort of cosmetic equipped. HHH also has this issue (this requires to have no cosmetics also, and have any grenade launcher, as well as a Festive Charge n' Targe.).

And for a summary, there are many things that need to be updated and fixed in the server, but progress wise, it's not going to happen anytime soon, and recent stuff such as the servers not being able to detect your Steam ID and so on that have popped in, there would be no real chance for me to see any sort of light shining towards the server unless there will be someone that has been added to the staff that has the ability to code, model, etc. for the server, but alas if nothing ever of that happens, I'd only say that the server will be just left to rot.

2 people like this

Considering how the update has completely broke everything, I really hope that they decide to actually fix things for once. VSP was really great and I don't want it to die yet.

Ever since the main Dev team left (me, No Name and Sarysa) it's been dead. For longer then that since Raini never added any of our stuff so I would say about 2-3 years now

2 hours ago, Scootybooty said:

Ever since the main Dev team left (me, No Name and Sarysa) it's been dead. For longer then that since Raini never added any of our stuff so I would say about 2-3 years now

Sometimes things really need to be handed on to someone else. This is one of those times. It doesn't feel right for it to die this way.

Edited by staryoshi06

Once was a Thriving Community. But after many TF2 updates and the lack of new Ponyville Updates, It died. Many Admins that coded left to never comeback. The Owner Left in her place to sit and do other things to abandon this community that she once loved but now ignores and never mentions. We all want this to come back. But will it.

1 person likes this

On 10/28/2017 at 0:39 AM, Juan Tienda said:

Reminds me of MLP Heroes. At least the owner had the decency to clearly state servers would be taken offline with a 2 month notice. 

Thing is the servers were never taken down. It's just the devs haven't updated them because they forgot that updates exist.

Occasional player here. Anyone know how feasible the revival of this server/mod is? Is it hopeless, would it be possible only with a dedicated team, what sort of challenge are we looking at?

7 hours ago, BTernaryTau said:

Occasional player here. Anyone know how feasible the revival of this server/mod is? Is it hopeless, would it be possible only with a dedicated team, what sort of challenge are we looking at?

Well if any of the old devs (sarsya, scootz, noname) have any code and models left, we could potentially do a revive. I have all the music and sound files saved on my desktop.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:50 PM, Scootybooty said:

Would you consider this?

If you've played on VSP you have all the files except the server files/code.

And if you were to do a revive you would need concent with all the previous devs who have worked on stuff, source all used media, etc.

Idk if it would be possible to pull off or not

Best bet you would have is to make custom stuff which could take a long time and Apologies for this but I personally can't work on the server myself. Both College and time away from the Source Engine is what stops me from working on a project like this.

Edited by Scootybooty

23 hours ago, Scootybooty said:

If you've played on VSP you have all the files except the server files/code.

And if you were to do a revive you would need concent with all the previous devs who have worked on stuff, source all used media, etc.

Idk if it would be possible to pull off or not

Best bet you would have is to make custom stuff which could take a long time and Apologies for this but I personally can't work on the server myself. Both College and time away from the Source Engine is what stops me from working on a project like this.

Well I mean, would Sarysa and Noname be willing to work on a reboot? Considering the reason they left, I feel like that's something they'd consider. I mean, did Raini and Simple do any of the coding or did they just run the servers?