Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny Hoof

'Eres a touchin' story.

5 posts in this topic

I don't really know exactly where to put this, so its an automatic Randumb XD.

I thought I would just share this with you guys because it tottaly made my week.

Today, in Spanish class, we had a small group project about Spanish culture. As usual our teacher chose the groups, and usually I don't mind due to my rather wide spread of friends in that class. Although knowing my bad luck I end up getting paired with the one person I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't get paired with. In that class is the only person I ever had enough grief with to call and enemy, and here we were getting put together to do a project on some spicy food and weird dancing.

Do note that me and this guy constantly tormented me in middle school. I wasn't exactly the highest on the social rings in middle school (Braces, glasses, short, fat, really awkward) and this guy constantly reminded about that fact. Although the minute we got into high school, we went our seperate ways. With me in Honors classes and him, well where ever he went, my freshman and sophmore year went by smoothly. We did see each other every so often, but no true conflicts ever really occured. However, there was always that hostile air surrounding us when we met.

So here we are, sitting in the computer lab, side by side. We seperated the work to minimalize socialization and for about 20 minutes him and I didn't speak a word. Soon however, I did see him sneaking peaks at my shirt every so often. I then remembered I was wearing one of my brony shirts today! My mind began to run on about all the possible attacks he was sure to make against me. Surprisingly enough, he never said anything. We just kept on working for about another 10-15 minutes until I saw him looking over at my shirt again. I managed to make eye contact with him, expecting for him say something any moment.

Surprising me once again he turned away but right as his eyes feel back onto his screen he quickly said, "Nice shirt."

Now I know how High School douchebags work so I didn't respond, thinking it was just him joking around as usual. He then spoke up again, "Is that a pony wearing some crazy glasses on it?"

Breaking my silence in preparation for his hate I quickly responded, "Yep."

Then, to my total amazement, with a smile cracking over his lips he said, "It takes some balls to wear a pony shirt to school."

I could help but smile myself, "I guess so."

He then looked over at my screen and continued to ask me a question about one of the topics we needed to cover. I helped him out with some of the questions, throwing in some jokes here and there (thats just my style I guess XD). Small talk began to hover between him and I and we started to warm up a bit. We ended up slacking off for about 15 minutes after we finished early and shared some laughs at some of the really cheezy spanish videos my teacher had us look up.

Just as we started to talk some more, the bell interrupted us with the usual horrible sounds of changing classes. As we packed up to leave the kid and I finished up our conversation and headed out the door. I was just about to turn the corner down the hallway when he tapped on my arm.

"Hey listen. I know I was a real d**k back in the day and everything and I know this doesn't really fix anything but I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry. Your a pretty cool dude. Maybe we should hang out during lunch or something sometime?"

It's good to know that our world isn't completely hopeless. Or atleast not while I'm around. :3

3 people like this

Brilliant man! Awesome stuff to hear; don't think if any of the a-holes from my middle school would do anything similar. Also awesome to see ponies involved lol. I love getting strange looks when I have one of my pony t-shirts or a pocket pony :D

A very nice story Johnny, sorta reminds me if Look Before You Sleep. It also shows the power of ponies and how they can bring people closer together.

AAWWW YEAH. ~

Seriously dude, happy to hear that bad air is cleared up it seems. Pony is always an awesome catalyst. :D