Smashing Good Time

A Hypothetical Scenario

22 posts in this topic

Imagine, if you will, a world that runs on the physics of Garry's Mod and the Source Engine.

A world that runs on maps (cp_dustbowl, dm_ponyville etc).

A world where the people never die because of respawn, unless its Arena mode (except when the whole team dies. Then they stay dead).

A world where anybody can professionally use a weapon within seconds of picking it up, where equipping certain items provide you with buffs, debuffs and sometimes slowly draining health.

A world whose technology far outclasses our own.

A world where hats are the most important things ever and people will dish out huge quantities of nuts and bolts for them.

A world of complete randomness, where absolutely anything ranging from sudden death matches to fighting off hordes of zombies could happen.

Have you finished picturing that world in your mind?

Done? Good.

Now imagine every single member of this forum falling into that world together and being given a single objective: Work together and survive.

There are cruel admins out there, and they want to kill us. Everyday they force missions upon us, ranging from killing a horde of zombies L4D style, doing a time trial through Ravenholm, or pitting us against another team in a control point match on Foundry.

The question is this:

You are given the choice of three weapons from every single Valve game in existence. They're all vital tools you need to survive. There are no restrictions; you can carry three melee weapons if you wish (wrenches automatically give you the PDA and destruction tool, ditto with knives and the spy kit).

Which weapons would you choose?

First and foremost, I would choose the medigun, because I'm the type of guy who likes to hang around the back lines and not get myself involve in much violence. Also, the power to heal people would probably make me valuable (lololol I am so modest).

Secondly, I would choose the Degreaser, to give myself a fast switch between offense and healing, should I ever be attacked. Plus, fire is cool. And I can extinguish people. Also, if I ever came across a spycrab migration, I'd need something to burn them all.

Lastly, I'd take a normal shotgun. Just for mid-close range combat.

Edited by Smashing Good Time

Well... if Sourcemods count... i would pick:

BG2's Long Pattern with fixed bayonet. Not very good against zombies, but headstabs are 1 hit kill and bullets do a lot of damage. Fits my profile.

Fortress Forever's Conc Nades. They can blast you and send you flying at extremely high speeds without hurting you. Combined with BunnyHopping, they are key for flag captures.

Finally, the DoD:S Kar 98. The bullets are 1 hit kills on torso and head, plus they can go through many bodies at once.

I Think my choices would have to be

The gravity gun from HL2

The powerjack to kill those close range enemies and heal myself every time

And Finally, I'd take the Flare gun, because long range fire is fun :)

First I would choose the Liberty Launcher, a one hit wonder for me.

Secondly I would have to pick the shotgun from HL2. It's still a pretty badass one-hit kill weapon.

Lastly I'll pick the machete from L4D.

Primary would be the Gravity Gun, because picking up Zombies and other players/objects and throwing them at other players/objects is fun!

Secondary would be Huntsman because reason.

Melee would be sharpened Volcano Axe because if I hit a Tank with it, he'll go ablaze, which is the best thing to do to a Tank.

For my primary, I'd go with the portal gun. just because I like the travel and the possibilities as it's use as a weapon are endless.

For my melee, definately a crowbar. Gordon Freeman has already proved that it is the most badass melee weapon out there.

For my other melee, I'd go with the jag and the PDA tools. The dispenser and sentries would be invaluable, and the teleporters would allow me to use my portal gun for myself and not need to keep it up for the team.

An interesting topic, certainly one to think about. I would choose:

Portal Gun as the ability to move across maps easily, as well as defeating enemies almost instantly is very appealing. Of course I wouldn't have the fall resistance that Chell had, and so it would be very risky but iwth care it would be the most effective of them all.

Egon/Gluon Gun as it is debatably the most OP Valve weapon in existance, if you don't include the possibilities of the Portal Gun. It would be useless at long range but close rage it would defeat enemies incredibly easily. Of course you would have to watch out for splash damage...

Amputator as it would allow to heal all of my team mates around me with ease. You would need everyone to stay alive and so having a weapon like this would be necessary.

There are cruel admins out there, and they want to kill us.

If that were the case, wouldn't they just kick/ban everypony and negate the respawns?

No, because they are extremely sadistic and they want us to suffer. By sending hordes of zombies, spycrabs, POOTISmen and other various monstrosities after us.

New question:

You encounter a spycrab migration! If you kill them all, you'll get heaps and heaps of points (the currency of Sourceland). However, the rules dictate that if you do kill them, a pissed off admin (capable of slaughtering the entire team) will appear! What do you do?

ANY weapon? Are we including the super-powered gravity gun from the end of HL2/beginning of HL2:1? HMMMMMMMM? Then I'd take that one and nothing else because what else would I need?

Assuming that's a cheap out, I'd take the regular gravity gun, the standard issue overwatch rifle (it better come with secondary fire ammo), and for melee, the disciplinary action in case I needed to get me and my team somewhere fast.

As for the spycrabs I would simply watch in awe of their majesty and wish them godspeed.

I am not familiar with this Gravity Gun so I will refrain from choosing it.

Portal Gun: Because lol

Mah Loveli Backburner: Because it's so loveli

Black Box: Great for healing from the oncoming horde of zombies.

I'd burn teh spycrabs because then I would get to burn the Admin, and the admins are some of my favorite people to burn :3

I call this "The Orange-Box Combo". Think about it:

1. Gravity Gun

2. Portal Gun

3. Medi-gun

Insane utility here. And as long as there is debris about, I can defend myself to some degree with the gravity gun. This is, of course, assuming that I have team-mates with more offensive options. If not, then I would probablly ditch the Medi-gun (can't use on self) for some kind of automatic machine gun thing. The Combine rifle from HL2, I think, the the offical name of it escapes me at the moment.

There are cruel admins out there, and they want to kill us. Everyday they force missions upon us, ranging from killing a horde of zombies L4D style, doing a time trial through Ravenholm, or pitting us against another team in a control point match on Foundry.

Wait. . .because I'm an admin now, does mean I'm a bad guy? I'm a good admin!

I blame my subconscious for writing this.

New question:

Your team is trapped in a room. The only escape is through two doors on opposite sides, the former leading to 50 Demopans (who have a high chance of dropping hats and refined) and the latter leading to 300 spycrabs (who can't attack and die easily). Critical arena mode is on, meaning that whoever dies will stay dead FOREVER.

All portal guns have been deactivated and reactived again, meaning that you can't use any previous portals to escape.

What do you do?

Portal in demopan room, portal in spycrab room. Throw a Stout Shako into the Demopan room and let them kill each other for it, then BURN TEH SPYCRABZ! Man that was easy.

hmmm... I'd set up a dispenser, then a level 3 sentry. place a portal in front of the sentry, and the other in the demopan room, and then let my sentry do the work.