Pokémon

928 posts in this topic

How's my team? I just went with Pokemon I think are rad and/or useful

Adamant Megacham -Pure Power- 252Speed 252Att

High Jump Kick

Thunder Punch

Drain Punch

Modest Porygon-Z -Adaptability- Life Orb 252Speed 252 SpAtk

Magic Coat (thinking of changing this to Ice Beam or Thunder Bolt)

Recover

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack

Hasty Scolipede -Speed Boost- Black Sludge 252Hp 252Speed

Baton Pass

Protect

Megahorn

Toxic Spikes

Relaxed Trevenant -Harvest- Lum Berry 252Hp 252Attack (might reset and put it into SpDef)

Wood Hammer

Shadow Claw

Will-o-Wisp

Rest

Jolly Mamoswine -Snow Cloak- (undecided item; focus sash?) 252 Speed 252 Attack

Earthquake

Spooky Stones

Icicle Crash

Ice Shard

Impish Avalugg -Sturdy- Rocky Helmet 252Hp 252Def

Recover

Avalanche

Rapid Spin

Stone Edge

damn, fire fucks up like half my team OH WELL

Your team is legit except for certain people who aren't mixed, you should go for a negative that downsizes a offensive stat they don't use.

Man, I wish I was cool enough to use Porygon.

@ Hugh:

Line-up isn't too shabby, but  there's a lot of mutual-weakness to fire / fighting (Mainly looking at the ice types and porygon)

- Looks like Medicham only has 3 attacks listed, thinking about the 4th still?

- Focus Sash on a Mamoswine can work out very well. Especially when you have the priority ice-type move it learns in earlier evolutions.

- The only other tweak I would mention is for Trevanent. Harvest regathers the pokemon's berry quite often, like a 50-50 chance. It might be considerable to use sitrus berry. It's not as strong of a heal as Rest -> Lum would give you, but it may hold you through some turns without needing to use Rest (which in turn may open up another move slot for you).

@Screwsies:

I got a porygon if you want it. I don't care to raise it.

So the biggest additions to my team pool as of late include:

Meinshao, Regenerator, Focus Sash, Jolly, 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP

Fake Out

U-Turn

Bounce

Drain Punch

Only comment is this moveset is a bit helpless against a ghost other than for bounce..

Regenerator / Drain Punch give me extra chances to use the Sash if it was not already used.

--------------------------

Gavantula, Unnerve <Zap Plate>, Timid, 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 6 HP

Thunder Wave

Bug Buzz

Electro Ball

Gastro Acid

Pretty straight forward. Thunder Wave -> Electro Ball for the speed difference as damage. Knocks out / cripples most targets.

Needs a better item.

Unnerve prevents Cheri / Lum berry holders from healing it off.

This is my favorite tool for stopping Protean Greninjas. If I put the sash, I'm trying to experiment with it being my solution to Gale Wings TalonFlame as well.

--------------------------

Shiny Gengar, Gengarite (gtfo Smogon), Timid, 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 6HP

Hypnosis

Will O Wisp

Sludge Bomb

Hex

Half of all my pokemon carry moves for crippling stats. Hex gets double damage on targets with status problems. The number of ragequits from this is not surprising at all. I love my demon-Casper.

If anyone wants them, I got Leichi (+2 Atk) and Salac (+2 Spd) berries from WT. I'll trade for a sitrus berry (Which I have none of). Salac I have a lot of. Leichi, I need to plant more of. only got like 5.

Many months since I last posted in this thread...

I have myself a copy of Pokemon Red and a copy of Pokemon Black. May the Pokemon gaming ritual commence soon...

Many months since I last posted in this thread...

I have myself a copy of Pokemon Red and a copy of Pokemon Black. May the Pokemon gaming ritual commence soon...

Gonna fuse Red and Black to get Pokemon Y?

1 person likes this

asdf

fasdf

sadf

That was my bad, the last move is Psycho Cut. Yeah I might try Sitrus Berry, not a lot of chances to try the rest combo with such a slow Pokemon, and I can't estimate how much a move is gonna do. I'm gonna put him on standby and maybe trade him out for a pokemon that doesnt have a weakness to fire (maybe Volcarona)

so i played one online ranked game, and whats with people liking genesect? its just a stupid metal bug that dies in one hit to Hi Jump Kick (which is the best move in the game and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise)

Or, you know, one ember.

People only really like genesect because it looks cool, which it does.

Edited by Ponargonian

so i played one online ranked game, and whats with people liking genesect? its just a stupid metal bug that dies in one hit to Hi Jump Kick (which is the best move in the game and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise)

People really like it because of it's discs and Techno blast, Bug Buzz, Flash cannon and having the amazing typing that it does. Generally though, like Electivire and Gyarados, it's incredibly easy to kill if you're prepared for it. Which can't be said about all pokemon.

Oh yeah, I forgot techno blast got buffed to hell.

It still won't save genesect from anything like charizard or blaziken, but damn.

Edited by Ponargonian

So I gave up on the shiny abra and managed to hatch a shiny, 5IV, trace Ralts w/ Psychic, Destiny Bond, Encore, and Misty Terrain

Next on the hitlist is a Hawlucha... though my hopes were slightly crushed when I saw it can't learn endure (it learns endeavor which is a mean combo together).

Wait, so will the ralts end up a gardevoir or gallade?

Also

Diance looks really cool, but i really hope it ends up able to have either solid rock or pixiate as abilities.

Edited by Ponargonian

I gave it to a close friend who is a fanatic towards Gardevoir so much so that he asked to borrow the mega stone before he was able to get his own. Given that it's female, that's about the only evolution it can take XD

I got a shiny adamant Dratini via Mastuda, thinking of training it into a Dragonair and just keeping it like that w. Evolite

I'd evolve it. Dragonite has a defense of 95 and special defense of 100, which is functionally doubled at full HP with multiscale.

Dragonair's defense is 97.5, special defense 105 when it's holding eviolite. As long as you have a way to deal with ice types, that small a boost in defenses isn't worth the much lower attacks and slightly lower speed of a dragonair, even if it doesn't have its HA.

Edited by Ponargonian

Been playing alot of Pokemon online and other similar games like it. People seem to really love Mega Pinsir and I can see why: Aerilate Return and Quick Attack, turning both into a stab and buffing it by 30%

I normally use Mega Aerodactyl w/Kings Rock, It's really good with Stone edge and Iron Head. My current team is Aerodactyl(Who I sometimes sub out for Aggron), Milotic, Heatran(Who gets subbed with Vulcarona), Weavile, Gengar and Thundurus(Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot+Pransker OP, I'd use Therian since it looks cooler but w.e)

On that topic lookswise and fighting ability wise, what's your favorite megas? For me fighting wise like I just said, Mega Aerodactyl but lookwise, im going to have to give it all to Mega Mawile. Such a cutie

My favorite mega design is Charizard Y, but in terms of pure usefulness, I've had the most luck with mewtwo y and mega lucario, so I'll give it to lucario to avoid complaints from scrubs.

My favorite mega design is Charizard Y, but in terms of pure usefulness, I've had the most luck with mewtwo y and mega lucario, so I'll give it to lucario to avoid complaints from scrubs.

I doubt people would care if you found a legendary mega form effective, it is the truth that the Mega legendaries would be the strongest, only rivaled to a few pokemon. I like Mega Mewtwo Y but I wish it's ability was better. Insomnia is kinda boring unless you fear Spore or a rare Hypnosis or since he's ubers, he has something against Darkrai(if he doesn't melt you the moment you go into the fight)

I have seen Masuda misspelled in so many ways

Mesuda

Masada

Matsuda

Mastuda

Massuda

I used to call it Medusa until I knew better.

Trying to hatch an eevee now. Odd enough I managed to hatch two 6IV ones, but no shiny yet.

Meanwhile, as Smogon slowly tries to ban out all Megas as uber from their "meta-play"... (Gengar, Lucario. Pinsir  may be next on the "chopping block")

and Mewtwo X and Y both have their own benefits, but Ho-Oh is still a huge counter to him because of high Sp.D, and high Attack

1 person likes this

See, I want to believe mega mewtwo x is just as good as its y counterpart, but I can't see any way to utilize dat attack stat. Any suggestions?

Also, lel Somgon

See, I want to believe mega mewtwo x is just as good as its y counterpart, but I can't see any way to utilize dat attack stat. Any suggestions?

I've been looking into that as well and all I came up with was Psycho cut, Drain Punch, Stone Edge and maybe earthquake/bulk up? With 1-2 bulk ups, he can start sweeping alot of things pretty quick as Mega Mewtwo X. In the end, I want to use this but I'd most likely never get a hold of an adamant natured Mewtwo

It seems pretty fun to do though, as it can be a shocker like having a mixmence or special sweeper Electivire.

Also, lel Somgon

^This

Never really took Somgon seriously or even considered it to be like the "thing". It seemed very whiny and it loses it's luster quick

I only like smogon because it makes a lot of people predictable.

Oh, you have a blaziken, I'm sure you won't use protect so that speed boost will kick in.

Dragon dance