Kuni

Artist Art! Pony Edition!

1288 posts in this topic

I still think wet Rarity is best Rarity, but great sketch either way! I am probably never gonna be that good at drawing, not even in my wildest dreams haha

I still think wet Rarity is best Rarity, but great sketch either way!

I might have to agree.

I did draw a wet Rarity, at the end of page 5 where no one can see it. . . *cough cough* re-post image *cough* Oh hey, there is my drawing again! Imagine that.

rarity___mane_down_by_ambris-d4frl54.png

I am probably never gonna be that good at drawing, not even in my wildest dreams haha

Never say that! Drawing well is almost entirely due to practice. If you want to draw well, then start practicing. I imagine it's the same with playing music, you only get good by plugging lots of hours into practice. No one ever starts off brilliant at it.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

That's true. I heard there was a study done, and 9000 hours (i think) was the average amount of time that the 'masters' of various things spent practicing them. Everything from art to music to basketball. All it takes is practice. Enough of it, and anyone can be good at about anything.

What did you use to make that? It has an interesting style.

At first I sketched her, then I used Photoshop to outline and color.

Not the best style out there, but I like it.

I'm not done yet; I still need to make Twilight, her hot-air balloon, and Derpy. I got motivated by Youma Con's Artist Alley so I decided to make it a poster.

Edited by Zelcface

Dpost

iaza19696262011600.png

So I seem to be done, but I need to take a pick whether or not to add in Twilight's balloon.

Edited by Zelcface

@Zelcface

Nice work right there bud! I really love the colors! Nice 'n vivid XD

Its nice to see some more artists showing up, always loved looking at other peoples art.

I'm the art noob around here so you'll see me throwing some sketches on here from time to time.

Speaking of sketches I did manage to finish one little drawing between my Skyrim haze.

gallery_434_32_119733.jpg

Just a little somethin-somethin I drew fairly quickly. Some of the armor is off and I got a little lazy on his fingers, but eh I tried XD.

Also it looks like I goofed on the edging of the right shoulder plating, but I actually tried to make it look like a bit was chipped out. Just so ya know :)

Actually lately I've been switching my focus on drawing little pony comics for my friends. We call it "Life of a High School Brony", and we all get a kick out of it.

Maybe when I actually make one Ponyville worthy Ill post em up!

@Zelcface

Nice work right there bud! I really love the colors! Nice 'n vivid XD

Its nice to see some more artists showing up, always loved looking at other peoples art.

I'm the art noob around here so you'll see me throwing some sketches on here from time to time.

Speaking of sketches I did manage to finish one little drawing between my Skyrim haze.

gallery_434_32_119733.jpg

Just a little somethin-somethin I drew fairly quickly. Some of the armor is off and I got a little lazy on his fingers, but eh I tried XD.

Also it looks like I goofed on the edging of the right shoulder plating, but I actually tried to make it look like a bit was chipped out. Just so ya know :)

Actually lately I've been switching my focus on drawing little pony comics for my friends. We call it "Life of a High School Brony", and we all get a kick out of it.

Maybe when I actually make one Ponyville worthy Ill post em up!

Make one with Rainbow in a suit!

Brace yourselves, for I have attempted to draw. It's the first time I've attempted to draw any pony or Sonic for that matter. Last panel was supposed to be a spongebob reference, but I was forced to change it (this was a school assignment) and it is now ironically appropriate. I learned a lot while making this. (and yes I'm aware of what that looks like, get your mind out of the gutter)

Idrewacomic.jpg

Translation:

Panel 1) The race of speed champions* is going to start soon.The two competitors are at the starting line... There they go!

Panel 2) "Look at me! I'm winning easily. You're going to lose!

Panel 4) Haha! I'm going to win because I look where I'm going.

Panel 5) Swiper: I'm taking these rings because I'm going to sell them on the (black) market!

Sonic: No! I can't live if I don't have them! No!

Panel 6) The race is over! The winner is Rainbow Dash's turtle/tortoise!

*literal translation is "competition of racing champions", it sounds weird either way.

hehe, fun stuff there.

I'm not sure where the Sonic and Rainbow Dash trend started, but hey, they have a lot common really.

Also, considering I'm a HUGE Sonic fan and obviously a HUGE Rainbow fan; I approve of this.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Double post for lols and cuz I just did this in the last hour or so.

I hope you guys have some more insulin.

c59990746959242ed3200dda8e416964-d4gtsjx.png

Damn it Rainbow, stop doing things to make me love you so much!

Actually, this didn't turn out nearly as well as I would have liked, for whatever reason. But I've learned that if I obsess too much over a single piece of work that I never get anything done.

On a side note, I wish Rainbow would take me to bed. . . Stupid lucky turtle--er tortoise.

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

PS do you have a dA account?

Edited by Zelcface

PS do you have a dA account?

Eyup.

Rainbro you are pretty amazing at drawing. Pinkie Pie drawing please if you don't already have one.

Sure thing! I am actually completely lacking both Pinkie and Applejack in my DA gallery at the moment, so I'll be happy to draw a Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

c59990746959242ed3200dda8e416964-d4gtsjx.png

D'aaaaaaaw!

On a side note, I wish Rainbow would take me to bed. . . Stupid lucky turtle--er tortoise.

Now now, I hardly think it is that kind of pet good sir.

I hope I didn't offend anyone now with that awfull joke...

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

Now now, I hardly think it is that kind of pet good sir.

Oh, of course he isn't!

Doesn't make me any less envious though. :3

UPDATE:

Um, you know the thing about Pegasai? They have these things called wings! Imagine that!

*Ninja-edit art*

rainbow_dash_and_tank_by_ambris-d4gtsjx.png

That's better. Wow, the wings actually make it cuter, if that was possible.

<3 Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Rainbro Dash
1 person likes this

iaza19696221503500.png

I asked Rainbro if I could use his avatar's face as a tracing vector, which he agreed upon, so I made Ver. 2 to my liking

This hasn't been uploaded yet; there are other posters that needed to be taken care of before I can upload this (maybe two more posters and then I can upload them).

1 person likes this

Sqeee! Rainbow!

Badass wallpaper there. You going to do the whole Mane 6?

Also, you seem to have pretty good grasp on Photoshop (better than I do anyway). How exactly do you manage those lighting effects and the shading. And that rainbow-tail. Awesome.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Badass wallpaper there. You going to do the whole Mane 6?

Thanks! I intend to draw Twilight's balloon with her and AJ in it (same as I said on the other poster) and possibly Derpy or Tank.

Also, you seem to have pretty good grasp on Photoshop (better than I do anyway). How exactly do you manage those lighting effects and the shading. And that rainbow-tail. Awesome.

It's not that hard really, all you need is a soft brush with low opacity for the shading. The lighting effect is under Filter -> Render so it's no problem, and for the rainbow tail I have to blur it so much that it reaches the end.

@ Zelcface

I really like that Rainbow Poster! Very awesome indeed! :D Also, I totally vote for Tank in the other pic!

Now I'll actually post a pony pic. Been RPing with two to of my friends..Well let's just say pissing off a dragon isn't the best idea. Thank god it's wings were brittle and they could outfly 'em..Even when Gypsy and Geo have to carry heavy ass Olympia

Flyingfromthedragon2.jpg?t=1322029853

Edited by Kuni
1 person likes this

Here's the rundown:

Twilight Sparkle: Reading a book in the Library with Spike writing a letter and Owlicious in the background

Rainbow Dash: Striking a pose in Cloudsdale with Derpy / Tank and the Wonderbolts

Applejack: Either applebucking a tree with Applebloom or in a sunset background with Winona

Rarity: Making a dress in the Carousel Boutique with Sweetie Belle in the background

Pinkie Pie: Singing in the Sugar Cube Corner with cupcakes / muffins in the background

Fluttershy: With animals next to her house

Looks like you guys have been going to town lately! XD

@Rainbro

That is possibly the cutest Rainbow Dash I've ever seen! Your artwork never sises to amaze me! :)

@Zelcface

That's a stunning piece you have created there! I wish I had your skill with Photoshop (or whatever else you use)! I've tried using digital coloring techniques on my drawings and they have turned out... amateur at best XD. Again, I really love the vibrancy of the colors.

@Kuni

Very neat little sketch you have there bud! XD I really enjoy the facial expressions you give your ponies. I find them really entertaining and they add a lot to the drawing

As for me, I've been working more on comics and kinda goofy drawings for my friends in school. I don't know if any of you ponies will find them very funny (being in a whole different age group and whatnot XD) but I hope you find them marginally amusing. :)

gallery_434_32_179555.jpg

Here is my first one. Its based off a joke me and my bros came up with late one night running on nothing but root beer and goldfish. :3

gallery_434_32_108987.jpg

This is one I took out from my line of comics me and my friends call "Life of a High School Brony". As you could tell its kinda a joke running between me and my Biomedical buds. (P.S. I actually made a 95 on the test! Highest grade in the class *heroic stance*)

So that's what I've been fiddlin' around with lately. I'm working on more comics so expect more coming your way!

@ Johnny

Your pony drawings are quite good! I also like your humor.

If you could add some color, it'd really liven things up

@OhHaiDare

Actually, I was just planning on my next comic being in color! Ive strayed away from it ever since I started using ink pens, but I hear my colored pencils callin' mah name! XD