Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fortydageekist

Remakes & Sequels (and the fail of it all)

8 posts in this topic

I'm just going to name a few:

Cloverfield 2

Mission: Impossible 4

Austin Powers 4

Rambo 5

Jumper 2

Robocop

The Human Centipede 2

300 2

Bill &Ted 3

Chronicles Of Riddick 3

Die Hard 5 and 6

G.I. Joe 2

Indiana Jones 5

Piranha 3DD (<--really, 3DD?)

Knight Rider (movie reboot)

The Warriors

Escape From New York

Short Circuit

Red Sonja

The Thing

I could go on for days at the foolery but fuck that. What do you think about some of these films, could work, will fail?

I'm just going to name a few:

Cloverfield 2

Mission: Impossible 4

Austin Powers 4

Rambo 5

Jumper 2

Robocop

The Human Centipede 2

300 2

Bill &Ted 3

Chronicles Of Riddick 3

Die Hard 5 and 6

G.I. Joe 2

Indiana Jones 5

Piranha 3DD (<--really, 3DD?)

Knight Rider (movie reboot)

The Warriors

Escape From New York

Short Circuit

Red Sonja

The Thing

I could go on for days at the foolery but fuck that. What do you think about some of these films, could work, will fail?

I don't think 300-2 would work at all.

But to add to your list

What about the new Thunder Cats that is coming out.

I don't think 300-2 would work at all.

But to add to your list

What about the new Thunder Cats that is coming out.

The new cartoon coming out this month? From some of the art I've seen, I'm iffy on it. (mostly Panthro's redesign) I hope it's going to be dark like Symbionic Titan and not some corny baby show.

I don't know about you, but a Chronicles Of Riddick 3 would be pretty rad. I don't remember much (if anything) about the second one, but I do remember thinking it was good (13 at the time).

Otherwise, the list:

Cloverfield 2 - Never saw the first one, but what would the gimmick for this be? The first was shaky-cam, would this be Shaky-cam 3D?

Mission: Impossible 4 - Saw the trailer, and actually looks like it could be good. I may have seen one or two of the originals, but they definitely didn't stick with me.

Austin Powers 4 - I'm not sure what to say about this, because right after Goldmember I wanted the sequel really badly, and I'd like to see what they can come up with for a new one, but it's been 9 years since the last one. I really don't think the same humor would hold up today.

Rambo 5 - Hahahaha he's old

Jumper 2 - Know literally nothing about the first.

Robocop - Hell, just install a real Robocop in Detroit and film it. They could use it. Better yet, all of Michigan filled with Robocops.

The Human Centipede 2 - :barf:

300 2 - Considering how the first one ended...what?

Avatar 2 and 3 - "When suddenly, humans again." That, or giant dog people.

Bill & Ted 3 - Make it a Doctor Who/Bill and Ted crossover, you've got a deal. What kind of premise could it have otherwise? Maybe they're a superhit band and they have to travel to find a new inspirations to keep their sounds fresh.

Chronicles Of Riddick 3 - See above.

Die Hard 5 and 6 - You can only come out of retirement so many times. At least do a James Bond kind of thing with the same character with a different actor.

G.I. Joe 2 - HAHAHAHAHA what the hell are they thinking?

Indiana Jones 5 - I don't even know. After the end of 4, I'm skeptical of anything they want to do with this franchise.

Piranha 3DD (<--really, 3DD?) - I have no idea what this is.

When they're making sequels, they should be thinking: "Do people REALLY want more of this?" "What was it that they liked/disliked about prior installments?" "How do we improve on what was done before?" "How do we keep the story fresh?"

Sadly I doubt that went through their minds for a lot of those.

That said, some of my favorite movies are sequels. Toy Story is probably my favorite movie of all time, and both sequels (in my mind) are right up there along side it.

I hear the Chronicles Of Riddick comics are deeper and better than the movies and game so idk. Cloverfield 2....I'm a big fan of Monster movies (Godzilla etc) so I'll watch that if they fill in a lot of the plot holes. Same goes for Jumper 2, I kinda liked the first, if there's more action and more energy into the story I can give that one a watch too. A lot of those others are just for money, I can't stand it. There hasnt really been anything fresh from mainstream US film makers in years, no one wants to take a chance and try something different.

Yeah, I don't know about this reboot of Spiderman, as a matter of fact it's one of the few superhero movies I haven't been keeping up with. I have no real faith in it but lately I'm feeling the same with the other ones. (X-Men: First Class, Thor, Cap) Dark Knight has set the bar in my head that no other comic film has lived up to yet. lol.

Cloverfield 2 is going to suck In the first movie You don't even see the monster, just flashes of it.

I hated the movie. I thought it was going to be an intense monster movie, but instead it turned out to be a really lame love story