Showstopper Star

Any British Bronies/Pegasisters out there?~

53 posts in this topic

Nothing wrong with being British :P

Well myself (and plenty of other so called "Brits" I may add) prefer to just refer to themselves by the individual countries they are from. In my case I would refer to myself as English. Most people that are proud to call themselves British are English anyway, so it's more of an "alternative to English" then a "being born in Britain" thing. Doesn't always apply though, depends on your preference.

You too? Sucks doesn't it? ¬_¬ Damn chavs everywhere...

You get chavs everywhere in Britain though. Over here in the North West we have a lot.

The Northeast is the most renowned area for chavs... "Chav central" as me and my friends like to call it :P

Isn't that Nottinghamshire? Or just about everywhere in Greater Manchester?

Only place I ever hear about Chavs in NE is Middlesbrough. Definitely an opinion based off of inexperience, but Newcastle and Gateshead are both wonderful places based on my short stay there.

Edited by Whatever You Want

The Northeast is the most renowned area for chavs... "Chav central" as me and my friends like to call it :P

Isn't that Nottinghamshire? Or just about everywhere in Greater Manchester?

Only place I ever hear about Chavs in NE is Middlesbrough. Definitely an opinion based off of inexperience, but Newcastle and Gateshead are both wonderful places based on my short stay there.

Well, having lived in the north-east for the past 17 years of my life... I can say there's more than meets the eye... You just gotta look in the right places and you'll see them dotted EVERYWHERE... Like a plague...

Well, having lived in the north-east for the past 17 years of my life... I can say there's more than meets the eye... You just gotta look in the right places and you'll see them dotted EVERYWHERE... Like a plague...

But you could say that about all of the cities in Britain. It's not like it's exclusive to the North East. Then you have the towns that are practically made entirely of those areas, like Stoke or Salford.

It's kind of ironic considering technically, the Scottish are the most British of all the inhabitants of the Great Britain

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. The Scottish seem to hate being a part of Britain. Everyone does minus the English, and even then I can't say I'm proud to call myself British.

Ultra delayed answer

The scots are the most ethnic british based on the roman conquests of the isle, at that time there was no real idea of nation states and it was cities which were the elements of territorial control. The romans supply chains never let them conquer the northern part of the isles instead opting to build a wall and keep them out. This separation caused a disparity in the development of the peoples in britain. Then you have the norman sacking of england and all the other incursions into the land, All this diversified the culture and heritage of people in contemporary england. Thus you can then claim that ethnically, the scots are more british than the english due to not having as many foreign invaders decide to come visit and set up shop.This is a very basic version of things, you have had so many different societies and languages, just look at cornwall and their own darn dialects.

I'm not sure where the anglo-saxons fit into all that. Interbreeding with the descendants of Roman invaders maybe?

Thats more the consequences of the folk wandering period, the roman empire splits, the western part of it falters mostly and you have large movements of people east to west. Whilst this is considered to be a period of little development and raids and sackings it was also a time of great city building. You had the saxons invade and pillage england, again they never really pushed far up north. One of the more ironic things about this is after the invasions had settled down the english were able to hold off at bay more germanic tribes wishing to experience our fine weather, however where beaten back and formed a land within what is france today, a little land called normandy,

And I'm sure you know how well things went with the normans later! But take respite in knowing that the normans were not french, and so the french have still never successfully invaded and conquered england!

What you will note is that english language is heavily influenced by the invaders. With each new master brining in their own language, it adapted and evolved with the local dialects, so you have a language based heavily on latin and then later germanic languages mixed in, It is funny to think that what we speak as english is something no inhabitant of the isles would be able to understand prior to its constant conquests.

You get chavs everywhere in Britain though. Over here in the North West we have a lot.

I concur. Chavs, Chavs and more chavs.

I concur. Chavs, Chavs and more chavs.

The closer you get to the center of Nottingham, the more Chavs and Douches you find X3

It's also home to

, so it's probably worse X3

It's kind of ironic considering technically, the Scottish are the most British of all the inhabitants of the Great Britain

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. The Scottish seem to hate being a part of Britain. Everyone does minus the English, and even then I can't say I'm proud to call myself British.

"..."

Translation:  Nah we don't hate it. this referendum crap is ringing our jonnies.

But yeah, I'm Scottish :3