3 reasons why Rainbow is best pony

1363 posts in this topic

Your entire argument falls flat for one reason:

Rarity has the best mane.

Therefore she is best pony.

case closed.

Edited by Jackald
2 people like this

Jackald, you do propose a fine point, however I think you need to expand your analysis. Let us look beyond the kaleidoscope that is Rainbow Dash:

Twilight Sparkle- Nobody's first thought of Twilight is "cool", everyone thinks "nerd". But without nerds we wouldn't be holding this conversation, for we would not have computers, much less games like TF2. Twilight also is the most magically talented non-god tier being that we have witnessed thus far, which is pretty stellar.

Applejack- Rivals Dash in any athletic competition, runs a vast farm with little to no help and is happy to help everyone. She even got town-wide recognition for it.

Rarity- The class of the group, puts up with everyone's incompetence.

Fluttershy- The cutest thing ever. She also has that awesome mind-controlling stare. Remember, she told off the dragon and made it cry just by looking at it. The manticore was a cinch for her, even after everyone else got it handed to them.

Pinkie Pie- The master of random, she single hoofedly put the fourth wall on the endangered species list. She can keep up with Dash just by hopping Pepe le Pew style. When everyone else was scared stiff, she took down Nightmare Moon's apparitions by laughing. Heck, she can predict the future. That's awesome.

Celestia/Luna- God tier powers.No biggie.

Any/All Background Ponies- Most have no lines or characterization, and could have appeared for less than 10 seconds total. Just look at the explosion they've caused.

The Rainbow Dash rebuttal- Since you gave 3, I'll counter with 3.

1) Rainbow feels that the surefire way to accomplish her dream to be a Wonderbolt it to disrupt one of their live performances in front of everyone. It may be pride, stupidity, or both, but it doesn't take that much thought to think of a better way to do it, like impress them after the Best Young Fliers competition.

2) Rainbow cracks under major pressure, see Best Young Fliers competition. The only reason she won was because Rarity got full of herself and was falling to her death. The rest of the time she was curled up in a ball panicking or screwing up the rest of her routine. Once the reality of a pressure situation hits, she's done. What if she had tried to crash a performance? That nervous breakdown would most likely hit as soon as all eyes are on her.

3) I'll be the first to say that you should use your abilities and attributes to the max, but having wings to your advantage over and earth pony is extremely unfair. Dash is a bad sport and extremely lacking in knowledge of the spirit of competition if she thinks its ok to use wings to win a long jump competition against an pony without. That's pretty low. Even worse is that she brags about how she is the better athlete afterward when Applejack had put up with it. That's as low as low can go.

With this knowledge in hand we can draw a logical conclusion as to who the best pony is.

(DRUMROLL)

Best Pony: Gummy

2 people like this

I second this statement. Kino and Phoenix Wright obviously have fine tastes.

As for pkrockin199x's statements, your argument is solid and you bring up an interesting point. However, I offer one simple counter: you failed to consider that no pony is perfect. Everypony has their fatal flaw, including Rainbow. Additionally, all of Rainbow's flaws that you point out are really multiple facets of one single flaw: She's immature. Rainbow fans like myself can't really deny it, but that's part of her charm. Let me elaborate on all the pony's flaws:

Rainbow Dash: Immaturity

Applejack: Stubborn Pride

Twilight Sparkle: Naivety

Rarity: Obsessive Compulsive Neatness

Fluttershy: Lack of Courage/Assertion

Pinkie Pie: Lack of Sanity. . .also being pink.

Most people would argue that these flaws are part of each pony's respective charm. I would agree, but they're still flaws essentially (okay, except for Pinkie being pink). So while the things you mention about Rainbow are certainly true, every other pony has their own flaws to contend with. The thing about Rainbow is that her awesome traits that I've mentioned set her way above other ponies, in spite of her flaws.

So basically, *Rainbow Dash+Her flaws > Anypony+Thier flaws*, In other words, Rainbow is best pony.

Afterthought: I used "flaws" so many times in this post, I think it started to lose meaning. I need improve my vocabulary. :)

Best Pony: Gummy

0.o

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Gummy is a mighty good pony, I will admit. However, Gummy is incapable of Sonic Rainbooms and popping balloons. I stand firmly behind my cohort Rainbro Dash and Phoenix Wright.

Pinkie Pie is superior.

She is shown to not only have the ability to predict slightly into the future to predict where Dash is going, but she also has the ability to get there -before- dash does, making her the fastest pony in all of Equestria(Without wings!).

She also has a complete mastery of a number of musical instruments, including but not limited to, the harmonica, trombone, cymbals, accordion, and more.

Her pet is a gosh darn Alligator.

She has pink fur despite her family showing no signs of a prior history of it. She defies genetics!

She has at least a slight knowledge of the french language; a language that shouldn't exist in their world period.

Plus it's a well known fact that their ain't no party like a Pinkie-Pie party.

Also, would Dash like some of Pinkie Pies cupcakes? I hear they are to die for. :devil:

Edited by Morokite
1 person likes this

Pinkie Pie is superior.

She is shown to not only have the ability to predict slightly into the future to predict where Dash is going, but she also has the ability to get there -before- dash does, making her the fastest pony in all of Equestria(Without wings!).

She also has a complete mastery of a number of musical instruments, including but not limited to, the harmonica, trombone, cymbals, accordion, and more.

Her pet is a gosh darn Alligator.

She has pink fur despite her family showing no signs of a prior history of it. She defies genetics!

She has at least a slight knowledge of the french language; a language that shouldn't exist in their world period.

Plus it's a well known fact that their ain't no party like a Pinkie-Pie party.

Also, would Dash like some of Pinkie Pies cupcakes? I hear they are to die for. :devil:

I shall answer those ridiculous claims in order!

Pinkie's a stalker like Pepe Lepew. She should be thrown in jail.

Rainbow Dash had the problem solved until pinkie showed up with some cymbals and ruined it.

<-- Rainbow Dash has a pet what now?

Simple answer: Pinkie is adopted.

I know four French words, a bunch of Spanish words, and a few Klingon words. No big deal.

"Young lady, this is not that kind of party!" She's not really the party master, she can only throw one type of party.

And since we went there, Pinkie Pie is an insane serial killer and should be locked up.

Edited by Kino

I'm just going to point out the kicking a dragon statement in the first post. I'm not saying it's not a good point, nor am I saying Rainbow isn't best (Or any other pony is best). Think about it though. If you had ANY sense, would you really punch/kick a dragon in the face? Keep in mind this is a creature that can kill you in a mere second. She only lived because it's a family friendly show, that and Fluttershy saved her, along with the other four. I can't help but think Rainbow would be close to the brink of death, or dead, had it not been a kid's show (And Fluttershy).

Regardless, I still think kicking a dragon is a bit stupid. I mean, I wouldn't blatantly run into a dark cave and punch a dragon. Again, would you punch an dragon if you had any sense?

As I've mentioned though, I'm not trying to say any pony is best, there all best in my opinion. I will say this though: Pinkie Pyro is best Pyro.

Gotta agree with PKrockin'. Gummy is clearly the best pony out them all. Besides, he knows how to get those fillys like a boss. In the tub with Twilight AND Mouth to..face with Rainbow Dash! Even she isn't resistant to his charms. He's also the proprietor of the cupcake corner so he's living in the same room..perhaps even the same bed as Pinkie Pie.

Also to counterpoint earlier.

1.Gummy can indeed preform sonic rainbooms. He used this one thousand years ago to help save the world. You thought princess Celestia did that by herself? Please, the elements of harmony are simply bullets. Gummy's Rainboom was the gun that shot it.Gummy was always a humble pony and didn't want to be renowned as a hero of sorts ( That and his true name is so holy and overwhelming normal ponyfolk cannot pronounce or comprehend it )so he could live his life peacefully until the next great catastrophe or at least until his next reincarnation which ties to counterpoint number 2.

2. Gummy's lifespan is that of a Milena. Every thousand years he will die but be reborn again after a 100 year dormancy. The sheer force of his sonic rainboom caused him to die 100 years early (and the explanation for Nightmare moon's weakened state when she returned), thus he was still but a young Alligator or even a mere egg at the time of nightmare moon's return. He Could squeeze so hard with his gums, it'd pop from sheer pressure but he actively opts out. Ponys find him utterly adorable and gumming a balloon helps his unmistakable mack daddyness.

Gummy , unsung hero of equestria and the best player of the game.

44336%20-%20animated%20gummy.gif

Edited by Kuni
1 person likes this

I'm just going to point out the kicking a dragon statement in the first post. I'm not saying it's not a good point, nor am I saying Rainbow isn't best (Or any other pony is best). Think about it though. If you had ANY sense, would you really punch/kick a dragon in the face? Keep in mind this is a creature that can kill you in a mere second. She only lived because it's a family friendly show, that and Fluttershy saved her, along with the other four. I can't help but think Rainbow would be close to the brink of death, or dead, had it not been a kid's show (And Fluttershy).

Regardless, I still think kicking a dragon is a bit stupid. I mean, I wouldn't blatantly run into a dark cave and punch a dragon. Again, would you punch an dragon if you had any sense?

Interesting point, but I'd to remind you that there is a very fine line between stupidity and bravery. Rainbow didn't charge in there first thing thinking, "I could beat this dragon in 10 seconds flat." She waited until everyone else tried their own ideas. And after Fluttershy's frustrating lack of cooperation, and everyone else failing their ideas, she probably got the sense that time was running out; Twilight made it clear that every minute was precious. So Rainbow was stupid? I think not. Brash, impulsive, maybe even desperate? Perhaps so, but not stupid. I'll admit she didn't think much about the consequences of angering a dragon, but that impulsiveness is just another part of her immaturity.

On the note of "desperate acts", arguably what Fluttershy did was an act of desperation, it just happened to work out for her. ALSO, I would argue that rationally and calmly thinking you can charm a dragon and purloin some of his jewels *cough*Rarity*cough* from underneath his nose qualifies as way more stupid, considering dragons are known as the greediest suckers in mythology.

Also this might be kind of awkward guys, and I hate to break it to you. . . but Gummy is not a pony. Ponies belong to the family of Equidae. Where as Gummy is an alligator, and therefore belongs to the family of Alligatoridae. If you will note in the "Best Pony Handbook and Guide", Section 17, Rule #312:

"To be considered for Best Pony, the applying candidate must be of the Equine persuasion. Winged and horned varieties are approved as long as basic form is Equine in nature."

Sorry Gummy fans, it's just not his day.

Hmm, this is actually really interesting. Rule #313 states that:

"Candidate for Best Pony must have clear and effective priorities at all times. For example, fussing over one's coiffure--no matter how immaculate--during a crisis would constitute a lack of said clear and effective priorities."

We should take that into consideration for this discussion.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Gummy , unsung hero of equestria and the best player of the game.

44336%20-%20animated%20gummy.gif

Also, look at how much swag this alligator has. Nopony can match that, even dash. Don't forget how classy he is. He created the Coca-Cola of Equestria. gummy_comic_script_by_pixelkitties-d415toa.jpg

Rainbro- Your information is from wikipedia and therefore unreliable. Also, I have never seen this extensive "Best Pony" handbook, and never heard anything from it except what you just posted.

Gummy is not a pony.

Well there is this: tumblr_lolnegxf6Z1qlpwq4o1_500.jpg

Edited by pkrockin199x

Gummy is pretty awesome. He just doesn't quite have enough colors in his palette and lacks the ability to travel at supersonic speed.

And he can't protect you from bullets during the humiliation round.

I have new evidence to enter into the discussion!

http://www.equestria...am-at.html#more

None can deny the total and complete awesomeness of Rainbow Dash!

Haha, I heard this from some dude at a pony server, can't believe it actually happened.

Lol tsk tsk for bumping a thread. Jk

The calculations for Rainbow's speed was incorrect. The brony physics video was wrong in many levels. When he calculated the "mach" cone, it wasn't really the mach cone, it was Rainbow Dash about to break the sound barrier. If Rainbow already did, there would have been a normal sonic boom earlier but there wasn't. Besides the inaccuracy of Rainbow Dash's speed, he was also wrong about Applejack and Fluttershy. He did not account that pegasi would have to be way lighter than a normal pony, as they would have hollow bones like birds which would enable them to fly.

But, I still think that Rainbow Dash would win in a fight. Starscream always sucked. He was a whiney bi... female dog.