Muffin97

Doctor Who

21 posts in this topic

i was sad that there was no Dotor Who tread so i made one

it is ment so ponies can just talk about all aspects of Doctor Who any Doctor any year

Man, I was about to start a thread on this actually. Beat me to the punch . =p

Doctor Who's one of my favorite shows, period. Heck , I hardly bother to turn on my TV asides from watching MLP and turning on Netflix. *just got it renewed actually* 9 outta 10 times, it's to watch the Doc'. I still havn't quite caught up yet..but I'm nearly to the 11th doctor.

Also by the way, y'know you can Edit your post? Near the bottom of the post, there's an edit button so you can add,take away, and edit a post you did within the last 24 hours. =) Helps keep things nice and neat.

Not a problem , man. Just letting you know. :lol:

There's a couple of them around on the site. Heck I think one of the server admins is a fan too. I really wish more people would give it a shot. It's abit slow but once you give it a couple episodes it really starts to shine. You just need a good place to start..Not just a random episode jumping in. A good starting point is with the 9th Doctor. It's kinda like an awesome reboot without being a reboot, y'know?

I was JUST about to make a topic on the Doctor! What a coincidence! I'm on the second episode of the Fourth Series. Oh, Donna is a fresh breath compared to those... other two companions... Annoying girls...

I've been thinking about going into the older series..Just kinda hesitant. Old TV doesn't really appeal to very much. I really enjoy the current generation's Doc's adventures, so y'think I'd enjoy the 4th doctor's exploits?

David tennats doctor is by far my favorite, probably the only doctor who i've seen all of his episodes of

He just played it so well i cried when he regenerated

Tennant is my favorite in the revived series, but Baker stole my heart with his scarf and candy long ago. Though I think I prefer McCoy's incarnation over all 11. Well, I've seen very little of the second or fifth and I never watched the film, but as it stands McCoy is my favorite incarnation of the doctor.

I've been thinking about going into the older series..Just kinda hesitant. Old TV doesn't really appeal to very much. I really enjoy the current generation's Doc's adventures, so y'think I'd enjoy the 4th doctor's exploits?

don't know havn't seen much of him but if you want the older ones try the %th one a bit chessebut it is stilll good

My first doctor was the 4th, Tom Baker. Used to watch Doctor Who on PBS way back in the day, long before the series got its reboot.

@Kuni The older Who episodes were super low-budget, cheesy as all hell, often rather slow-paced, and ultimately really entertaining if you can get past all that. I heartily recommend you watch them with friends and feel free to make fun of the ridiculous stuff that goes on. I really like New Who but it takes itself WAY more seriously than Old Who.

ahh doctor who i still remember the first ep i watched with the fourth doctor lol didnt stop watching it until there wasnt any ep left to watch on netflix

David tennats doctor is by far my favorite, probably the only doctor who i've seen all of his episodes of

He just played it so well i cried when he regenerated

Before I say anything I'm going to say that I respect everyone's opinion on the subject, and what I'm about to say is my opinion and mine alone.

Anyway now I have said that I have to say that I hated the David Tennant era. Hated, hated, hated it. Tennant isn't a bad actor, even though his performance sort of became stuck in a paticular cycle after series 3 of the reboot, but the material he had to work with was attrocious IMO. He had some good stories, like Family of Blood and Blink. But over all his era just bugged me.

Even his regeneration was horrible, a self combusting TARDIS caused by a radiation over dose? What? It was Russel T Davies being very half hearted in lining up with the way Steven Moffat wanted to start series 5. After all RTD had previously said Time Lords were immune to radiation, and suddenly regenerating makes the TARDIS explode. It just made me facepalm big time. This is why I much prefer the Matt Smith era. There are still some flaws, but they are comparatively minor compared to the huge WT* moments of the Tennant era. Not to mention it's being head written by Moffat, who wrote the best stories of the Tennant and Ecclestone eras (The Lonely Child double, Girl in The Fireplace, Blink and The Library double). Suddenly the stories aren't solved with random deus ex machinas or, worse, The Doctor turning into Jesus to save the day.

Edited by Chewgumma

Alright. I've got another unpopular opinion for you all so I expect rabid David Tennant fans to be at my throat.

David Tennant is a fantastic Actor, but a rather poor Doctor

Well, more like a few things he does just really annoy the fuck out of me.

The 10th doctor was 903 years old. He obliterated billions (trillion?) of individuals by ending the Time War. He has committed xenocide a number of times, and has been wallowing in sadness and guilt ever since.

SO WHY IS HE GETTING IN RELATIONSHIPS WITH WOMEN 1/36th HIS AGE? THIS HAS NO CONSISTENCY WITH ANY OTHER DOCTOR?

8-11 are all guilty of this to a varying degree, but 10 was just so damn clingy and emotional for someone who has seen his own race die by his hand!

Oh, perhaps I'm a bit elitist, but if you haven't watched any of the classic series, I don't value your opinion on Doctor Who very much.

Edited by woodledoodledoodledoodle

I don't really like Tennant that much either. He seemed too... I dunno, out of character at times. I mean, the scene where he's regenerating is just ridiculous. I groan whenever I watch that scene.

"Regenerating is like dying. There's another person running around in my body. I die."

That's just... ugh! No Doctor was that sentimental during regeneration! The Doctor doesn't have "another person" in that body! He's just changed slightly in terms of demeanor and whatnot! It's not as if he loses his memories or something!

And 11th has a true love outside of his quirky little flirting with his companions. Well, sorta. I think. Maybe:

DoctorxTARDIS, uh, if that works somehow. I dunno. Closest thing he'll have to a romantic relationship, I guess?

DoctorxTARDIS, uh, if that works somehow. I dunno. Closest thing he'll have to a romantic relationship, I guess?

This is why Neil Gaiman's episode was so fantastic lol. I think 11 obviously has a thing with River. They are very intimate. Some fans don't like this. Me I don't mind it, she sort of personifies what the Doctor loves about his adventures, danger, excitement and mystery. It only makes sense that he'd be drawn to a woman like that.