Rainbro Dash

Forum Questions and Suggestions

471 posts in this topic

The boutique is just a fun little shop for the forums. It doesn't really serve any purpose... it is just like a forum mini-game that's meant to make posting feel more like a game.

Whenever you make a post or thread on the forums, you receive Bits that can be spent in the Boutique.

1 person likes this

Im having difficulties uploading photos to my gallery album "ponyville project". Whenever I try, it says "Upload Skipped (Error IO)". I have tried uploading multiple file types(png, jpeg, gif, etc..), and received the same error message each time. What am I doing wrong?

the ability to edit old messages would really help, only being able to edit new ones is annoying, especially when we need to add updates to it....

The forums don't load well at all on an iPad. I can't say if it works better for an android device.

The site shows up zoomed way in, and you can't scroll horizontally at all. Zooming out also fails. There is a link at the bottom to connect to the mobile site, but it only redirects me to the same page.

Not a huge deal, but it would be nice if the site were tablet compatible.

Oh, iOS 4.3.5 on my ipad, if that's relevant.

Actually runs perfect on my Android? heck I can even get the chat and all its functions working with it?

however here might be a mod available for the forums to run it with mobile devices.

I would like to limit people from retroactively editing their posts after a certain time/date for record keeping reasons (ban protests being a major thing that I want to preserve), but I don't want to prevent people from being able to edit their posts entirely either. It is unintentional that people are so strictly limited on here.

Could you guys suggest a good cutoff time/date? I will set the edit time limit to that. =)

Make a halloween theme, and x-mas one too

If I do make one it will probably be a Christmas/Winter Wrap Up type of theme. Unfortunately I have my hooves full these days so it isn't possible to theme everything, as much I would like to do it!

I would like to limit people from retroactively editing their posts after a certain time/date for record keeping reasons (ban protests being a major thing that I want to preserve), but I don't want to prevent people from being able to edit their posts entirely either. It is unintentional that people are so strictly limited on here.

Could you guys suggest a good cutoff time/date? I will set the edit time limit to that. =)

Make a halloween theme, and x-mas one too

If I do make one it will probably be a Christmas/Winter Wrap Up type of theme. Unfortunately I have my hooves full these days so it isn't possible to theme everything, as much I would like to do it!

I give my members on my boards 24hrs, more than enough time imho to many any changes really

Okay, I've changed it from 60 minutes to 1440 minutes (24 hours).

Oh hey, that nice. I'm terrible with typos, so I appreciate this.

I also tend to suddenly realize a better way to make my point many hours after I make the post. x.x

I use firefox on my mobile, chat works kinda, have to manually scroll tho [Probably only applies to android users this info]

I've used the chat on my Ipood. (Yup, intentional). It just was a long process getting my message sent. It would zoom into where I was typing, and then I would have to zoom back out and press the send button. AUGH Takes so long. But receiving messages was instant.

There's an IP.Board app that you can use specifically to browse the forums. The forums even have a mobile version available.

Just click "Change Theme" on the bottom left of the page and select "IP.Board Mobile".

Yeah, I saw the mobile version and was surprised. Was really awesome to access ponyville on the go with a very convenient and fast loading layout.

(this is a LOOOONG post, so watch out)

PM(Private Messages) PARTIES!

It is basically a mini chat room, but it is made by users! AND ITS A PM!

The member's in the PM get to talk about whatever they want, they can even have debates about who is best pony!(which is spike)

Before you say: "OMG Just start one yourself dumbass", there is a catch!

You need to have permission to start a PM Party, how you ask? By the amount of likes you have!

The Like System:

Like on Youtube, there is a thumbs up and thumbs down button. But the Like System is on USERS!

Liking can be done by added friends only, to prevent trolling.

If Likes are removed/ or you are disliked, you lower the chances of keeping your PM Party

If you get a total of 10-15 likes, you have permission to start a PM Party!

What are PM Parties?

Like I said before, they are basically mini chat rooms. But YOU make the rules

Yep, you can say:

1. No Trolling

2. Only Talk about show

and etc.

You can control the topic to whatever you want! You can say people can not post! But this raises the chance of getting a like removed and/or replacing it with a dislike.

You can invite whoever you want! As long as they are added friends.

This would be a great system!

I know we already have a board for fanfiction (The Library) but would it be possible to have another board for general fan content, such as PMVs, remixes, songs, animation, artwork, games, etc... since they are all popular and a reasons why this community is so big? Plus it will leave the Pony Discussion board to things directly related to FiM.

I know we already have a board for fanfiction (The Library) but would it be possible to have another board for general fan content, such as PMVs, remixes, songs, animation, artwork, games, etc... since they are all popular and a reasons why this community is so big? Plus it will leave the Pony Discussion board to things directly related to FiM.

Agreed 100%

I got this little avatar glitch, where I see a different picture on different computers, and I also can't change the avatar atm.

Anyone know what's up?