Rainbro Dash

Forum Questions and Suggestions

471 posts in this topic

This is gonna be long and boring post:

So Im kinda new here. In whole brony world at all. Just started to getting know all parts of brony's adventures if I could call them so.

So I've asked that before in PM of Rainbro (but he seems to busy) and sent an email to equestria daily. How do I become a real brony? I mean, I started watch MLP since November 2011 which is not actually so "oldfag" (No offence. I meant it's about being awesome person and early brony). Im in doubts that can I really call myself brony just because Im watching MLP? It just feels like I need to do something more. Maybe more chatting on forums or just with bronies (even in games)! Is that so? Should I kinda "try hard" to become a brony? Or it's just too simple? Well, I do really like all of these pony original songs and stuff and I enjoy them as much as u. I feel all of this "brony spirit" (actually, while watching bronycon's videos and comments of voice actors and Mrs. Faust :>) Don't know about any famous remixers or fanvideo-makers. Should I know them?

I really enjoyed BroNYcon and want to take a ride at new one in summer :3 Im afraid a can be disliked by true bronies that gonna come there too or anypony.

Any suggestions or sharing of kindness? ^^

Edited by Dazzedmeanypants

So Im kinda new here. In whole brony world at all. Just started to getting know all parts of brony's adventures if I could call them so.

So I've asked that before in PM of Rainbro (but he seems to busy) and sent an email to equestria daily. How do I become a real brony? I mean, I started watch MLP since November 2011 which is not actually so "oldfag" (No offence. I meant it's about being awesome person and early brony). Im in doubts that can I really call myself brony just because Im watching MLP? It just feels like I need to do something more. Maybe more chatting on forums or just with bronies (even in games)! Is that so? Should I kinda "try hard" to become a brony? Or it's just too simple? Well, I do really like all of these pony original songs and stuff and I enjoy them as much as u. I feel all of this "brony spirit" (actually, while watching bronycon's videos and comments of voice actors and Mrs. Faust :>) Don't know about any famous remixers or fanvideo-makers. Should I know them?

I really enjoyed BroNYcon and want to take a ride at new one in summer :3 Im afraid a can be disliked by true bronies that gonna come there too or anypony.

It really comes down to a few simple questions:

1) Have you seen My little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

2) Do you like it?

3) Do you believe in or aspire to follow the examples of good friendship given to us by the Elements of Harmony?

Answer yes to those three questions, and congratulations, you're a Brony! Welcome to the herd!

Edited by Cinnamon Groove

2) Do you like it?

3) Do you believe in or aspire to follow the examples of good friendship given to us by the Elements of Harmony?

Answer yes to those three questions, and congratulations, you're a Brony! Welcome to the herd!

1. Ofc. I wouldn't come here then :>. Just waiting for a new episode tomorrow :3

2. As I said I love everything about it. But I barely know about any fanfics/fandoms and any of fanponymades :D

3. Hell yeah I do! :3

If you like MLP then you are a brony. Bronies are part of the brony community, it's not like we are some super exclusive club. We are a community, nothing more and nothing less, a great community at that.

Nothing less? I'd say IT'S THE BEST COMMUNITY I've ever seen for last times! Im really inspired of you guys and want to be a part of you.

Ty for your kindness and friendly welcome :3

1 person likes this

2) Do you like it?

1. Ofc. I wouldn't come here then :>. Just waiting for a new episode tomorrow :3

2. As I said I love everything about it. But I barely know about any fanfics/fandoms and any of fanponymades :D

3. Hell yeah I do! :3

I consider the fanfic/fanon stuff to be more of a bonus to being in the Bronyhood, not so much a requirement.

To start off, I am fully aware that I am a new member, and that I probably don't have any right to be making suggestions thus far. But that's never stopped me before.

I joined to talk about My Little Pony, NOT tf2. As I have seen, MUCH to my dismay, there are more tf2 boards than pony boards. I'll refrain from bashing the game, as I do not want to insult the ponies here who play it. I can tell this is a huge tf2 forum. Why did you name it Ponyville then? To the people who aren't fans of the game, it's extremely offputting.

I've said my piece about the introduction thread ON the introduction thread. To save everyone time from looking for my post, I stated:

Though I strongly oppose a single "Introduction thread" where everyone's introduction is grouped together with the masses, throwing individuality out the window and completely defeating the point of naming the section "Introductions, Announcements, etc.", I guess I'll post here anyways.

I have yet to find any other issues. I actually find this site to be quite unique. I like the layout and whatnot. It's just not pony enough for me, really.

This forum is both one for ponies and TF2, as well as Minecraft. There are four TF2 servers and one Minecraft server by Ponyville, but that doesn't mean you have to like ponies or TF2 to enjoy the forum. Prime examples are Cinnamon Groove and PKMN Trainer Pyrite, as Cinnamon doesn't play TF2 and is still the second highest poster on the forum and Pyrite isn't a brony yet still posts frequently here.

I do think we need more pony boards however, and I am still hoping to see a fan content one soon.

Long story short, this forum is a basically both. There is a large amount of tf2 content because the people that play tf2 here are playing largely on MLP based maps in servers focused on Bronies. I don't play either Minecraft or Tf2, like WYW said, but I still post for ponies.

As for talking ponies, feel free to start any topics you don't see addressed. It may be a little crowded, most of the pony stuff being in one sub-forum, but newest topics, and most recently replied-to topics, stay at the top of the list.

I would suggest (don't kill me for this) making a clan recruitment, leagues and tournaments subforum, be that for any game, not only TF2. I would find it quite useful for organizing big events, as well as forming up new competitive clans. I could get some recruits for 95th Rangers, UFF could get a couple of new recruits, some could start their own highlander group, then we all organize matches and kill each other in an orderly, respectful fashion.

To start off, I am fully aware that I am a new member, and that I probably don't have any right to be making suggestions thus far. But that's never stopped me before.

I joined to talk about My Little Pony, NOT tf2. As I have seen, MUCH to my dismay, there are more tf2 boards than pony boards. I'll refrain from bashing the game, as I do not want to insult the ponies here who play it. I can tell this is a huge tf2 forum. Why did you name it Ponyville then? To the people who aren't fans of the game, it's extremely offputting.

I created this website/forum for my TF2 servers, which are named "Ponyville: Friendship is AllTalk". I used my servers to promote this forum and I can say with certainty that the first 100 members to populate/promote it came directly from my servers. That is the reason for all of the TF2 discussion around here.

The boards on this forum that are unrelated to TF2 outnumber the actual TF2 boards. There's a general discussion board that welcomes all types of topics and discussion, randumb board for spammy posts/games, and even a fanfic board for people who want to share their literary creativity. All of this is in addition to our main MLP board, which is devoted exclusively to MLP discussion. I do not know what other subject relating to MLP would demand its own board separate from the main one.

I've said my piece about the introduction thread ON the introduction thread. To save everyone time from looking for my post, I stated:

Though I strongly oppose a single "Introduction thread" where everyone's introduction is grouped together with the masses, throwing individuality out the window and completely defeating the point of naming the section "Introductions, Announcements, etc.", I guess I'll post here anyways.

The Introduction Thread exists so that everyone can conveniently check one thread to see who is new to the forum and welcome them here.

If every new member posted a thread upon joining, we would need to make a specific board just to house them all. I had this setup on a previous forum that I ran, but it did not contribute to any acknowledgement of "individuality". All it resulted in was "popular" introduction threads consistently being bumped to the top with new replies while threads posted by newer members became buried and forgotten without a single view or post.

Personally, I prefer our method.

Say, would it be possible to add more items to the botique? Perhaps interest spesific items like instruments, game logo's and art stuff, so we have something to use our bits on and might make it easier to show interests and talents.

Yes, post what you would like, and I can see about adding it.

one thing raini, compliments on the design and layout of the webpage.

regardless of wether you used a template, you made good decisions in both layout and aesthetic appeal.

and thanks for creating a community that i visit everyday!

It would nice to have a non-pony creative board. I notice there are a lot of talented artists, writers and musicians with topics scattered about the boards and I think it would be nicer if there were a seperate section where users can receive constructive feedback on their non-pony art projects.

Yes, post what you would like, and I can see about adding it.

Ah cool! Well perhaps a good assortment of different things in different "genres" to suit everyone would have been cool.

For instruments, I think these would have been cool: aucostic guitar, electric guitar, bass, drumset, piano, keyboard, lyre, saxophone, trumphet, banjo, accordion, harmonica, mixing/scratching/DJ table, flute and last but not least a microphone.

As for game things, I though perhaps adding iconic items from different games could have been a idea, for example the ocarina from Zelda Ocarina of Time, a Bonk! atomic punch from TF2, a diamond sword from Minecraft, a crowbar from Half-Life and so on

For arts and crafts, things like pencils, brushes, paint, wool, drawing tablet, woodwork equipment, glue and such could perhaps have worked

Also if it wouldn't be to much work, perhaps add some sports things like a football, hockey puck, golfclub and so forth aswell for all the sporty ponies out there

But yeah these are merely my suggestions and I am just happy you consider doing this at all, so feel free to use or no to use any of these as you wish! Thanks again for considering doing this and thanks for making the best community of all time possible!

2 people like this

What if 'plushies' of the mane six were available. That way, you could also show support for 'best pony' or even collect te set!

We should totally have this, perhaps make them the most expensive things in the boutique. I agree with everything Nightmare said too, the crowbar is a great idea.

The Introduction Thread exists so that everyone can conveniently check one thread to see who is new to the forum and welcome them here.

If every new member posted a thread upon joining, we would need to make a specific board just to house them all. I had this setup on a previous forum that I ran, but it did not contribute to any acknowledgement of "individuality". All it resulted in was "popular" introduction threads consistently being bumped to the top with new replies while threads posted by newer members became buried and forgotten without a single view or post.

I see no reason to create an entire new board just for introductions. If you didn't notice, the name of the section, as I stated previously, is Introductions, Announcements, and Suggestions. Though I don't know why Suggestions are grouped in there....whatever. Regardless, I don't exactly see your points. Announcements can be stickied so they will stay at the top of the board, and it seems to me like suggestions stay grouped in this thread as well - just sticky this too. Also, having a lot of people welcoming a new member is not a bad thing. There was no individuality, you say? Well, I say neigh. NUMEROUS forums use this concept. To me, when the introductions are divided into their own threads, it helps me remember their "faces". Here? Well, I couldn't tell you a single new member besides myself.

A what are you talking about? A "popular" introduction thread? Honey, there's nothing wrong with that either! It just means they sound interesting and had a great introduction. All introduction threads are made by newer members! Yes, some get more replies than most, but shouldn't it be the older members duty to welcome everypony? And it's not like all introduction threads are forever - they die out eventually.

I don't see your problem with making seperate introduction boards.

I see no reason to create an entire new board just for introductions. If you didn't notice, the name of the section, as I stated previously, is Introductions, Announcements, and Suggestions. Though I don't know why Suggestions are grouped in there....whatever. Regardless, I don't exactly see your points. Announcements can be stickied so they will stay at the top of the board, and it seems to me like suggestions stay grouped in this thread as well - just sticky this too. Also, having a lot of people welcoming a new member is not a bad thing. There was no individuality, you say? Well, I say neigh. NUMEROUS forums use this concept. To me, when the introductions are divided into their own threads, it helps me remember their "faces". Here? Well, I couldn't tell you a single new member besides myself.

A what are you talking about? A "popular" introduction thread? Honey, there's nothing wrong with that either! It just means they sound interesting and had a great introduction. All introduction threads are made by newer members! Yes, some get more replies than most, but shouldn't it be the older members duty to welcome everypony? And it's not like all introduction threads are forever - they die out eventually.

I don't see your problem with making seperate introduction boards.

To be honest im gonna throw my own 2c in here.

1st off, Raini does a good job running this site, it is a TF2 site first, thats why it was created, yes it happens to be Pony orientated but its still a TF2 community.

2nd as a site admin myself, I run multiple boards, I happen to use Both methods for introductions, they work equally well, so frankly, thats no issue what so ever.

3rd off, all suggestions are considered, your suggestions were and in the end they were decided that it wasnt appropriot for this board.

To be honest im gonna throw my own 2c in here.

1st off, Raini does a good job running this site, it is a TF2 site first, thats why it was created, yes it happens to be Pony orientated but its still a TF2 community.

2nd as a site admin myself, I run multiple boards, I happen to use Both methods for introductions, they work equally well, so frankly, thats no issue what so ever.

3rd off, all suggestions are considered, your suggestions were and in the end they were decided that it wasnt appropriot for this board.

I never said ANYTHING deragatory towards Raini, or the way he handles the site. i was under the impression that this was a suggestion thread. Therefore, I am only pitching ideas that can help better it. I was simply pointing out that the site's name was Ponyville, and I believed it to be a large pony community. That is all.

Pertaining to your 2nd point....that's uh...great, I guess. I'm really happy for you..?

And lastly, I wasn't aware my suggestions were "inappropiot" In what way were they innapropriate? Do you mean they were rejected? I believe that was a poor choice of words on your part, chap.

@ Trollestia: Y'know, you could start a thread about yourself. It has been done in the past

**glances toward Hughmann**

As introductions are already said and done with, and any personal information I wish to give out is set, there wouldn't be much of a point, now would there? Actually, I was going to make my own introduction thread.

However...

NewCanvas.png

I would never have suggested anything if everyone was going to get riled up about it....

Trollestia, suggestions are nice, but you are quite frankly kind of acting a bit spoiled and rude right now to be honest. Remember that everyone have different viewpoints on things and that a suggestion is different from a direct order. Yes, there is alot of TF2 discussion going on here, but why does that offend you? Because you don't play it yourself? If that is the case I would suggest either simply ignoring the TF2 posts and/or to try out the game for yourself (it's free after all). Surely, there is nothing offensive about someone discussing something they enjoy is there?

Also remember that the admins, moderators and tech people on the site is a bussy bunch that have to prioritise what is most important to work on, and when the introduction system works well as of now rewamping the whole thing would steal away alot of time that they need for other things.

You seem to be a bit worked up over all this, so I would beg you to please try and calm down and look rationally at the situation. It's not the end of the world after all.

EDIT: Also just to clarify, I do not intend to be rude with this post even if I might seem a bit harsh with it.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
1 person likes this